ForumsPopular MediaName That Dead Fictional Character!

300 101876
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

This is (obviously) the fictional edition of my other hit thread, Name That Dead Guy!

This has similar rules to the other one but with a few changes to make things fair. You are not allowed to use a dead from a book/movie/whatever as your dead guy and say he's dead only because the book/movie/whatever takes place in a time that ensure's he's dead by now. If you're doing someone from, say Lord of the Rings or Elder Scrolls lore however, then that's a different story assuming that they're dead by the time of another book/game.

It's not a rule, but please be considerate of other people. If you have any decency then you won't pick a character from a new and trending show/movie/whatever (I.E. try not to spoil things).

People who are dead in the beginning of a crime solving show and have no real part are strictly prohibited as that would just be cruel.

The other rules are in the other thread which I linked to. I can't think of any other rules at the moment, if I do I'll post them.

Right, so I don't read all that much, there are only a few fictional things that interest me too terribly much and some of that will be pretty easy, and I don't want that, so I'll probably be sticking mostly to obscure (but not too obscure) Elder Scrolls characters. Whether they are just in lore or in the games.

I am thinking of a dead lady from the Elder Scrolls, not exactly obscure, but I rather doubt it'll be quickly guessed. For this one, I even allow you to use the Elder Scrolls wiki as an aid for your guessing. Good luck and good guessing!

• 300 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Ok, so umm, are you calling it dead simply because its a ghost, or because the ghost dies?

Is it a boss?
Luigi's Mansion?
Sidekick?
Minion?
Protagonist?

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

It is a boss and it is a protagonist.

Everything else is a no.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

If it featured in any (including spinoffs) Mario, Zelda, Pokemon games?
Released before, after, or during Gamecube (or if portable, before, after, or during Game Boy Advance)?
Portable or home console?
Was it in a series with more than 3 games?

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

It is featured in Zelda.
Released after Game Boy Advance
Portable
Oh yeah.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, or A Link Between Worlds?

Is the reason the protagonist a boss like Puppet Zelda in TP?
Is it a puppet zelda?
Is it the big bad of the game?
Or is it before the completion of the usual first set of macguffins (ex: three spiritual stones, 4 light springs, following zelda to the thee temples (OoT, TP, and SS)?
Is it one of the bosses during the second set of macguffins?
Does this game even use that traditional 2 macguffin sets?

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Phantom Hourglass.

What? No.
No.
Yes, but you don't know about him til' the middle of the game.
I don't understand the rest of the questions, but you can figure out the character with only that much info.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

So its Bellum? (Power of Google)

EDIT: In the Zelda games I have played (OoT, TP, and SS), there are two sets of Macguffins/plot coupon items in the game, where first you are told to find the first set to finish the game, but after doing so you find out you need the second set to truly finish it (the spiritual stones in OoT for example are a first set, and then the sage medallions is the second set, same for the light spirits in TP and the resulting mirror shards, and finding zelda in SS and then Upgrading the Master Sword).

The first question refers to the possessing of Zelda's body by the big bad in TP and I believe Spirit Tracks.

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

It is Bellum

Oh ok, then yeah PH has that. You first need to find the Ghost Ship, then you find out you have to create the Phantom Sword.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

OK, I got a dead character from film.

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Is it from StarWars?
Is it Male?
Is it in outerSpace?
Is it human?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Is it Male?
Is it human?
Yes

Is it in outerSpace?
Is it from StarWars?
no

~~~Darth Caedus
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Is the character a protagonist?
Is the character an antagonist?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Protagonist.

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Is the character from a horror movie?
Action?
Does the Movie have it's own video game?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

I've been watching enough TV shows that it would be stupid of me to not resurrect this.

I'm thinking of a dead girl from an anime. (Note: Please don't ask about SAO characters as I'm still watching that).

~Manly

Showing 286-300 of 300