ForumsPopular MediaName That Dead Fictional Character!

300 101704
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

This is (obviously) the fictional edition of my other hit thread, Name That Dead Guy!

This has similar rules to the other one but with a few changes to make things fair. You are not allowed to use a dead from a book/movie/whatever as your dead guy and say he's dead only because the book/movie/whatever takes place in a time that ensure's he's dead by now. If you're doing someone from, say Lord of the Rings or Elder Scrolls lore however, then that's a different story assuming that they're dead by the time of another book/game.

It's not a rule, but please be considerate of other people. If you have any decency then you won't pick a character from a new and trending show/movie/whatever (I.E. try not to spoil things).

People who are dead in the beginning of a crime solving show and have no real part are strictly prohibited as that would just be cruel.

The other rules are in the other thread which I linked to. I can't think of any other rules at the moment, if I do I'll post them.

Right, so I don't read all that much, there are only a few fictional things that interest me too terribly much and some of that will be pretty easy, and I don't want that, so I'll probably be sticking mostly to obscure (but not too obscure) Elder Scrolls characters. Whether they are just in lore or in the games.

I am thinking of a dead lady from the Elder Scrolls, not exactly obscure, but I rather doubt it'll be quickly guessed. For this one, I even allow you to use the Elder Scrolls wiki as an aid for your guessing. Good luck and good guessing!

• 300 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Is this one of those movies/books that has like a million redoes of it?
Was it a mystery movie?

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry it's been so long since I've replied to your various queries...

@ pangtongshu
No, that is not the movie in question!

Was the movie a comedy?

Indeed it is! A very famous one at that!

Action?

There is a fair amount of action in this film, but I wouldn't say it's the main focus!

Romantic?

Yes, it does sort of center around a love story. Though there are also various characters who have other quests they are looking to complete!

Is the book from which it derived still popular today?

I'm not entirely sure how popular the book ever was, but I think the movie is much more widely known than the book.

Was the character in the book or added for the movie?

No, this character was in the book as well as the movie!

Was the actor who played him a big name actor?

He's a pretty famous short character actor, with a very distinctive appearance and an even more distinctive voice. Probably one of the most distinctive voices in Hollywood today!

Is this one of those movies/books that has like a million redoes of it?

The movie has not yet been remade, and though rumors have spread, it doesn't look like they will be making one for quite a while... which is good, because the existing one stands alone just fine!

Was it a mystery movie?

Not really... I mean, plenty of movies have a few mysteries within the plot that don't get solved until near the end, but the centralized story line did not revolve around a mystery!
Fuzio
Fuzio
63 posts
Nomad

Is the actor who played him still alive today?

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Is the actor who played him still alive today?

As of this moment, he is still alive and well!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Oliver Rose from The War of the Roses

That was the only comedy based on novel that I could find with an appropriate person dying =/

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Is it a character from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, such as Judge Doom?

Is the title of the book the same as the title of the movie?

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Vizzini from the princess bride. If I'm correct (which I am) whoever wants to go next can cause I probs won't be around much.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Vizzini from the princess bride.

Aaaaaaand we have a winnneerrrrrrr!! =D

Since our victor does not wish to claim his fabulous prize, we are going to allow the next person who comes up with a deceased fictional character the right to riddle us with said character ABSOLUTELY FREE!! So call within the next 20 minutes (or before someone else posts) and be the first to claim this steal of a deal at no extra cost!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

My character is one associated with Deadpool.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Gwen Stacy (hey, they both marvel)?

Was this person an enemy of Deadpool, or a friend?

Is it peter parker? (he died in ultimate I believed)

Is it Ben Reiley (peter's clone)?

~~~Darth Caedus

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Gwen Stacy (hey, they both marvel)?

No

Was this person an enemy of Deadpool, or a friend?

Friend. At the very least.

Is it peter parker? (he died in ultimate I believed)

He also died in Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe
but no

Is it Ben Reiley (peter's clone)?

no
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

AAANNDDD REBOOT!

I'm thinking of a dead male from a video game series.

~Manly

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Link (OoT's ghost was in TP)

Was he old or young?
Black or white?
Protagonist or NPC?

~~~Darth Caedus

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Was the setting Sci-Fi?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Was he old or young?

Not too sure, looks old-ish
Black or white?

Black
Protagonist or NPC?

Why not both? Protagonist during scenes or dialog or whatever sounds vague, but also did NPC type things as in he was there during gameplay.
Was the setting Sci-Fi?

Yes.

~Manly
Showing 121-135 of 300