ForumsPopular MediaName That Dead Fictional Character!

300 102010
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

This is (obviously) the fictional edition of my other hit thread, Name That Dead Guy!

This has similar rules to the other one but with a few changes to make things fair. You are not allowed to use a dead from a book/movie/whatever as your dead guy and say he's dead only because the book/movie/whatever takes place in a time that ensure's he's dead by now. If you're doing someone from, say Lord of the Rings or Elder Scrolls lore however, then that's a different story assuming that they're dead by the time of another book/game.

It's not a rule, but please be considerate of other people. If you have any decency then you won't pick a character from a new and trending show/movie/whatever (I.E. try not to spoil things).

People who are dead in the beginning of a crime solving show and have no real part are strictly prohibited as that would just be cruel.

The other rules are in the other thread which I linked to. I can't think of any other rules at the moment, if I do I'll post them.

Right, so I don't read all that much, there are only a few fictional things that interest me too terribly much and some of that will be pretty easy, and I don't want that, so I'll probably be sticking mostly to obscure (but not too obscure) Elder Scrolls characters. Whether they are just in lore or in the games.

I am thinking of a dead lady from the Elder Scrolls, not exactly obscure, but I rather doubt it'll be quickly guessed. For this one, I even allow you to use the Elder Scrolls wiki as an aid for your guessing. Good luck and good guessing!

• 300 Replies
Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Is it one of the following: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Corpse Bride, Before Night Falls, Public Enemies, Chocolat, From Hell, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Blow, The Man Who Cried, Secret Window, The Tourist, or The Libertine?

He wouldn't want me to give it away. No, not Sweeney, not Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street. (I.E. Yes and Yes. I just felt the need to quote the end of The Ballad of Sweeney Todd.)
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So Benjamin Barker a.k.a. Sweeney Todd is the dead one. Am I correct?

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

So Benjamin Barker a.k.a. Sweeney Todd is the dead one. Am I correct?

Yup. By the way, how did you know his name? (Benjamin Barker, that is.)
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Snag baby, you can't stop me from knowing things.... also I used Google and saw Benjamin Barker aka Sweeney Todd on some movie site.

Anyways I have a character in mind from a tv show.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Is it pre 1980's? After? Is it live action? Animated? Comedic? Sci-fi?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

No. Yes. No. Yes. No. No.

8,000th post by the way.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

It's not still airing, right? Adventure? Is it originally in Japanese?

Congratulations on 8000 posts, by the way.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Random Show Guess: Avatar?

Is the animation style anime or more of what westerners use.

Did it air on CN?

p.s. you post too much

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

It's not still airing, right?

It's still airing.

Adventure?

Ehhh not really.

Is it originally in Japanese?

Yes.

Nope.

Is the animation style anime or more of what westerners use.

It's anime style.

Did it air on CN?

Do you mean Cartoon Network? If so then yes. If not... I didn't say anything.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Cartoon Network is only airing western-style animation....

You're naming all of the ones for the children-ish side of CN. There is another side.
Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Is the character female? Does the character die in an unusual way?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

The character is female. In sense of the show, not really.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Does the character die by being eaten? Does the show's title consist of three words, in English?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Yes and yes.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Is the show Attack on Titan? (I'm pretty sure I know who it is. Weird that I've never watched it... but accidental spoilers are accidental) Is the character someone's mother?

Showing 226-240 of 300