ForumsPopular MediaLast Album You Bought?

15 7572
HopeRidesAlone
HopeRidesAlone
17 posts
Nomad

When was the last time you bought an album, what one was it, what did you think of it? And what format? (Vinyl, CD, Digital, etc.) Post whenever you buy an album!

Just wondering if there's anyone else out there who buys and listens to actual albums anymore :P

Personally, I purchase all the music I listen to. But the last album I bought was the CD of Born To Die by Lana Del Ray. I hadn't listened to her much before I bought it. Her voice is unique and very good but every song is a lot of the same style/themes so I cant really listen to the whole thing in one sitting anymore.

The song that stood out to me the most was Off To The Races.

• 15 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The Mechanical Hand by HORSE the Band
CD version

very crazy band...and I loves it

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Mylo Xyloto, Coldplay. Especially because of the song Charlie Brown. Two thumbs up.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Last whole album I bought? Like with my own money? That would be Carrie Underwood's Some Hearts. The last album I got as a gift, don't remember. I think it was Fearless by Taylor Swift. Not sure though.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Digital: A Beautiful Lie (Thirty Seconds to Mars)
Tangible: The OC: Mix 6 (Band of Horses)

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Sleeping With the Sirens If You Were a Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack Favorite song would be Roger Rabbit.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I bought The Beatles anthology on iTunes for my dad (and me). Super expensive, but worth it.

HopeRidesAlone
HopeRidesAlone
17 posts
Nomad

I bought the album Oracular Spectacular by MGMT on vinyl. I already had the cd and It costs a little bit more to get vinyl but I really enjoy the cd and sometimes I like to splurge and grab records :P

One of my favourite songs on it is Pieces Of What

I bought The Beatles anthology on iTunes for my dad (and me). Super expensive, but worth it.

How expensive if you dont mind me asking? Ive seen the vinyl anthology and it was at LEAST 200 bucks D: I'm just curious what the digital version was :P
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I bought the album Super Taranta by Gogol Bordello and on the same command preordered their new album Pura Vida Conspiracy. Both of them as CDs.

They call their music Gipsy Punk, and that's pretty much what it sounds like and that's why I love it. The album Super Taranta is no different and I expect the new one to be just as good.

HopeRidesAlone
HopeRidesAlone
17 posts
Nomad

I bought the album Super Taranta by Gogol Bordello and on the same command preordered their new album Pura Vida Conspiracy. Both of them as CDs.

They call their music Gipsy Punk, and that's pretty much what it sounds like and that's why I love it. The album Super Taranta is no different and I expect the new one to be just as good.

I saw them live when they opened for System Of A Down once. They were awesome! Never gotten around to buying any of their albums but I want to!
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

cd of ..like clockwork by the queens of the stone age.

DragonMod101
DragonMod101
13 posts
Nomad

Vinyl, I'm a gigantic fan of Chelsea Grin, they released their new vinyls not to long ago. As for why I buy them: generally, vinyls are starting to get more custom artwork done.

Downside is that they aren't portable at all, but all in all, it's an awesome show piece.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

How expensive if you dont mind me asking? Ive seen the vinyl anthology and it was at LEAST 200 bucks D: I'm just curious what the digital version was :P

$700.

And yes I realize it's been a while since you asked. :X
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I've never bought an album for two reasons:

1. I don't pay for music.
2. I prefer not to listen to a bunch of songs by the same artist, especially since albums usually have at least one or two songs on them that aren't worth listening to.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

2. I prefer not to listen to a bunch of songs by the same artist, especially since albums usually have at least one or two songs on them that aren't worth listening to.

I'm usually this way..but lately I've been listening to a bunch of different albums. Has introduced me to some nice songs.
Showing 1-15 of 15