ForumsSupport ForumAbout idea

16 4018
Elastergirl
Elastergirl
79 posts
Nomad

Do you know the about section where it shows the mods and admins?I have an idea like what if it showed the date they became a mod/admin!Tell me what you think!

/Elastergirl\\

• 16 Replies
kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

Do you know the about section where it shows the mods and admins?I have an idea like what if it showed the date they became a mod/admin!Tell me what you think!

Well i dont think we need that the only thing it would do is showing us a bit more information, it would be good but we dont need it that much
Sharkbate
Sharkbate
379 posts
Peasant

What would be the point of this?

Elastergirl
Elastergirl
79 posts
Nomad

Just to let people know who the first mods and admins were.

/Elastergirl\\

Sharkbate
Sharkbate
379 posts
Peasant

How about something that shows how long they have been a moderator.

Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

I think that would be a good idea. I would like to see who long some of the moderators were here.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I think that there should be an option on everyones profile that says when they joined (and also, the user should be able to toggle whether or not that is shown) just for curiosity's sake. I suppose knowing how long someone has been a moderator is good too, but you could just ask them, too!

Elastergirl
Elastergirl
79 posts
Nomad

Oh yes I will put the date I joined in my about!

Sharkbate
Sharkbate
379 posts
Peasant

I cant remmeber whne i joined becuase it was so long ago.Thats why we need somthing to tell us when we joined so we know how long we have been on armorgames.

Elastergirl
Elastergirl
79 posts
Nomad

Well I joined AG today so I didn't have to remember that much!

Elastergirl
Elastergirl
79 posts
Nomad

Sharkbate said,

I cant remmeber whne i joined becuase it was so long ago.Thats why we need somthing to tell us when we joined so we know how long we have been on armorgames.

You joined AG on the 3/9/2008 how did I find out I went to the first comment on your page and it was by you!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I think this might cause a little bit of a problem, though. Let's make a scenario:

Let's say that Elastergirl became a moderator two days ago. She comes across a topic that should be locked. She writes why and locks it. Joe Blow over here, who had his topic locked by her, could go to the about page and see that she is a new moderator. Joe Blow (with his bad attitude) will probably make an uprising and post on someone else's profile that SHE IS A NEW MOD AND DOESN"T KNOW WHAT SHE IS DOING! Then he goes to tell other mods and other members, etc.

I think it would just cause more harm than good.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Well, it would be a good idea if we didn't have hot-tempered people in the world. However, theirs always a light in the dark so you can't live without them. Also, why would we want to know when they became a Moderator or Admin?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Yea, I am not really sure what the point would be.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I think it could be a way to honor Moderators and Admin for their service. Like those 1 Year anniversity or something like that. It's like those Special service to Armor Games probably. Moderators or Admins can just put the date they became a Moderator or Admin if they want

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Well I dont think that anyone really cares when a mod was a mod...sorry.

Showing 1-15 of 16