ForumsForum GamesAnthill RPG (IC)

129 26137
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Good morning, and welcome to the fourth installment of the Anthill RPG series!
I am your host, Nilo the Ant.

This is the thread in which the RPG will take place in, the In-Character thread. The OOC (out of character) thread can be found here.

This thread will be open for all purposes related to the RPG, except questions about rules and such. If you have a question please write it in my profile as a comment, here.

The Technology tree can be found here.

The map will be constantly updated, I think we all know why.

• 129 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Nyan Ant Empire
â¨Race: Honeypot Ants
â¨Main Anthill: Plymouth
â¨Cities under Control: Plymouth
â¨-------
â¨Food: 420
â¨Food Income: 30 per turn
â¨Technology: None
â¨Age: the Age of Stone
â¨-------
â¨Soldiers: 237
â¨Soldier Cost/Recruitment: 300/0
â¨Soldier Weapons/Armor: None/None
â¨Vehicles: 50 grasshoppers
-----------------

(It wasn't a party, it was a celebration of victory :P) (thanks for bolding your nation name)

Your negotiator, the ant who marched to talk to the survivors, is carried inside by the foe. After some three hours of negotiation and parley, he comes out - or rather, his disembodied head, launched from a catapult behind the enemy anthill. "I think that means that they say no" observes a stupid ant next to you.

A couple of hours later, a cloaked ant approaches you. He tells you that you need to speak privately, away from the hustle-bustle of the community of soldiers.

(I know :P but you haven't conquered anybody yet).

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

Cities under Control: Blackpool
-------
Food: 420
Food Income: 30 per turn
Technology: None
-------
Soldiers: 300
Soldier Cost/Recruitment: 300/0
Soldier Weapons/Armor: None/None
Vehicles: 50 grasshoppers
-------

"Ok, is anyone here a skilled doctor? if so, can you please try to heal this person."

thfcJack
thfcJack
64 posts
Nomad

The Legion of Stag Beetles
Race: Stag Beetles
Main Lair: Stag Lodge, Sheffield
Cities under Control: Stag Lodge
-------
Food: 390
-------
-------

I take a brief look around at all of my soldiers. "Well, brave warriors, we came here for a reason," I say quietly, "and though we cannot save everyone, we will rescue the survivors. Say, only three of the ferocious creatures?" I say with a smile. "How careless! We will ambush them. Start by forming a circle around their camp," I say. "Shortly, I will let out a loud cry- that is your signal to rush in. A raging stag can rout a foe much greater than himself. Now, into position!"

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

The Glorious Empire of Wasp
Race: Common Wasp
Main Nest: Stingza, Cork
Cities under Control: Stingza
-------
Food: 360
Food Income:30
-------
Soldiers:300
Vehicles:50 grasshoppers
-------
absolutely rosey... I think. We have to beat the termites, somehow. Suddenly, I have an idea, my father told me some berries will kill you or make you ill. I order 50 of my men to use the berries I know are bad for us, and smear them on the termite's wood source, as well as the nest, which may kill or incapacitate the greedy termites I also want a group of my 10 best soldiers to keep an eye on the termites as they eat the wood, to make sure they die

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Nyan Ant Empire
â¨-------
â¨Food: 450
â¨-------
-----------------

I'll meet with the cloaked ant privately, mean while If its night time in the game ill have 35 grasshopper troops (35 ants I assume ride then as well) take a long movement around, first going out of site and taking all night to turn around to sneak up behind the other anthill...we plan to attack at dawn...the rest of my army is taking turns sleeping/ keeping watch in smaller bands

(Since its turn 5 30 more food whoo)

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

holy stuff, I just realized I haven't gotten my food for 3 turns, Operation, can I have the food from those 3 turns?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(I also would like to point out if were in the stone age and suddenly our enemies get medieval weapons when were suppose to be about the same level of tech is unfair...)

LupusAureus
LupusAureus
107 posts
Nomad

The United Federation of Brown Recluse Spiders
Race: Brown Recluse Spiders
Capital: Keep of the Recluse, Eastbourne
Controlled Cities: Keep of the Recluse
-------
Food Income: 30
-------
Soldiers: 291
Vehicles:50 Grasshoppers
-------
Keep Defenses: Dirt Wall (Minor)

I allow the ant, Utumno to have his resources and men. I also assign him as the head scavenger. When enough of the material is collected, I apply it to the walls. I send a alliance emissary to the ants to the west, I also want to make simple dirt roads to connect my capital and small settlements. I reinforce the buildings inside my city to, also if I could i make simple weapons or armor with the new material. Please alert me if I could afford any technology.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

The Empire of the Fallen
Race: Fire Ants
Main Anthill: Liverpool
Cities under Control: Liverpool
-------
Food: 440
-------
Soldiers: 250
Vehicles: 40 grasshoppers
-------

Fire ant king accepted the advice from nigh ant king. He promised him that when he collect an army strong enough, he willsolve his problem with tarantulas.And now we have to pay attention to protection of our anthill.All available troops will collect all they see useful in order to make the best possible protection.Defense is our priority.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

(I also would like to point out if were in the stone age and suddenly our enemies get medieval weapons when were suppose to be about the same level of tech is unfair...)

The NPCs' civilizations have been around for quite some time before the PC civs came around. Because of that, they have somewhat better tech. You're supposed to catch up to them. Good luck :P

holy stuff, I just realized I haven't gotten my food for 3 turns, Operation, can I have the food from those 3 turns?

Sorry. I've been kind of distracted lately, so I sometimes forget to add the respective food to people. I'll give it to you in the next turn.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

TURN 6 - Next deadline: August 1, 12:01 PM

"Long live the Wolf spiders!" Echoed the cry throughout the city. Tables were being overturned and burnt, barricades were being erected all through town, and steel clashed on steel as spider and ant crossed blades. The town was engulfed in battle as the brown spiders tried to win their freedom over their ant oppressors through force, instigated by several large and peculiar spiders.

Usku and his companions were the ones leading this violent struggle. Armored in heavy mail and heavy violet capes, and wielding great longswords which matched their force, they destroyed any ant foolish enough to stand in their way.

"Quickly! Raise the drawbridge!" cried a voice from the Keep. Yes, in the center of the city of Stroud, atop the hill that the town had been built on top of, stood an old and proud citadel, linked to the rest of the city by a single drawbridge. Around it was a deep and treacherous moat, on both sides of which was a wall. A stone rampart climbed to the top of the first wall, but to reach the keep on the other side of the moat, one had to cross the heavy wooden drawbridge, or try to swim.

It was, however, pretty obvious to the spiders that they had to find a safer way to enter the keep. There was no time to spare, the chief spiders needed to get to work immediately, and that was not possible with a multitude of ants in a keep in the literal ken ted of their city Yes, the city had fallen to them already, but the keep was going to be a greater challenge.

Or not. What the ants failed to notice, however, is that these fortifications could only defend them against other ants. A Wolf Spider could pounce across the separation of the walls with small difficulty. After resting for a while, the mass of spiders jumped across the wall. Some fell to their deaths in the icy cold water of the moat, but the others reached the other side and fought the ants waiting there. Fierce fighting broke out across the length of the walls as spiders jumped in from most directions, bent on capturing the keep.

After they managed to lower the drawbridge, there wasn't much else to tell.
-------
Food: 510
-------
-------
"No, sir, but we shall call upon the wise women back at home to see if they are able to heal this bee"

After a short time, a group of wise women approach from your nest, carrying some herbs and potions. They start tending to the wounds of the wounded bee, and shortly afterwards approach you and speak.

"Our kinsman is afflicted with a strange venom the likes of which we have not seen before, but it is not very strong, we may be able to heal him."

After looking for more clues on what might have happened, you find none, and deduce that there is nothing more of value in the hive but scarce amounts of food, which your soldiers collect.

Cities under Control: Stag Lodge
-------
-------
-------

"Yes sir!" whisper your soldiers, as to not be heard by the strange hairy creatures. They move into their respective positions silently, unnoticed by the black tarantulas, who are busy preparing their meal. The captives have stopped struggling, they have now resigned themselves to their terrible destiny.

After several long minutes, you notice a small hand on the distance, belonging to a fellow Stag. It waves, signaling that your men are in position around the foe's camp. One of your two bodyguards, standing next to you, signals back.

"Sir. Whenever you're ready, we are as well. Ours is to follow."

-------
Food: 490
-------
Soldiers: 293
-------

In the middle of the night, whilst the enemy sleeps, a couple of your most brave men march outside and plant the berries in the wood. They return half an hour later, shaking nervously. They signal the fence they have smeared with the berries, and tell you that the job is done.

The next day, the termites walk outside to chew on more wood. Before long, one of your men comes back to report what has happened.

"Sir. Several of the foe have been killed before their vile kin became aware of the substance we have planted on their wood. They appear to be filled with rage, and are mustering outside of their mound. We know not what to do, but we have more berries if you wish to use them, sir."

â¨-------
â¨Food: 480
â¨-------
-----------------

"Listen" says the cloaked ant, removing his hood. "I come from the Old Anthill. My children were taken by the leaderâ¦slaughtered! Slaughtered and eaten as the crap the king is! That **** manâ¦I..weâ¦we want him dead. But his men scare most of the ants into submission.

There might be a way to stop the king's madness⦠there is, as you see, another entranceâ¦down by the pond, there is a small stone. Move it out of its place, and you will find a small tunnelâ¦small enough for two or three ants to walk abreast⦠abandoned for yearsâ&brvbarlease kill the ant, I beg of you!"

After this last scream, your bodyguards approach and carry the ant away, thinking him to be some sort of savage.

-Your soldiers are in position-

Controlled Cities: Keep of the Recluse
-------
Food: 480
Food Income: 30
-------
Soldiers: 291
Soldier Weapons/Armor: Pebble (+1)/None
Vehicles:50 Grasshoppers
-------
Keep Defenses: Dirt Wall (Minor) - (clay in 2 turns)

(the first tech is 500 food).

Your soldiers take some pebbles from the ground and start employing them in battle.

The emissary departs, flying the banner of your nation and mounted on a grasshopper, but quickly returns.

"Sirâ¦there are mantisesâ¦attacking the town!"

Cities under Control: Liverpool
-------
Food: 530
-------
Soldiers: 250
Vehicles: 40 grasshoppers
-------
Anthill Defenses: Dirt Wall (Petty)

"Your wish is our command, sire!" cry your men as they begin collecting dirt to pack it into an early wall, building it to form a small dirt wall around your Anthill.

To be able to commence training soldiers, you need to research the second tech. The first one is 500 food., check the link in the First Post of the thread to get a link to the tech list

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Nyan Ant Empire
â¨-------
â¨Food: 10
â¨Food Income: 50 per turn
â¨-------
-------

(Derp got 500 food spent it on Gathering food per turn boost whoo...now ten more turns till I can advance anything else lol)

Well obviously my cavalry will try and capture the Catapult while the rest of my forces, including the remaining grasshoppers will storm the front of the hill

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Well duh ._. let's see how that turns out.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

-------
Food: 510
-------
-------

"Well, let's go back home and see if anything else major happens. we can Gather supplies on the way back, and we can probably treat the bee better there..."

(yes, researching gathering now.)

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

The Glorious Empire of Wasp
Race: Common Wasp
Main Nest: Stingza, Cork
-------
Food: 490
-------
Soldiers: 293
-------
think, think... I try to use my crafty mind to figure out way to finish off the termites without pitched battle. Then it hits me, flames the men use them t for heat, if we can use some wood so steal flame, we could light the termite mound on fire, which could kill or mutilate most of them. I send 30 of my stongest men on grasshopper to steal flames from the men, and then ignite the termite mound (at night) My men are also told to be on highest alert.

Showing 61-75 of 129