ForumsForum GamesAnthill RPG (IC)

129 26070
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Good morning, and welcome to the fourth installment of the Anthill RPG series!
I am your host, Nilo the Ant.

This is the thread in which the RPG will take place in, the In-Character thread. The OOC (out of character) thread can be found here.

This thread will be open for all purposes related to the RPG, except questions about rules and such. If you have a question please write it in my profile as a comment, here.

The Technology tree can be found here.

The map will be constantly updated, I think we all know why.

• 129 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

You get the spoils after you conquer the anthill, not before ._.

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

The Glorious Empire of Wasp
Race: Common Wasp
Main Nest: Stingza, Cork
Cities under Control: Stingza
-------
Food: 520
Food Income:30
Technology: None
-------
Soldiers: 293
Soldier Cost/Recruitment: 300/0
Soldier Weapons/Armor: None/None
Vehicles:50 grasshoppers
-------
Hive defenses: Mud Wall (Petty)
-------
This won't kill them, but it will stop them from eating the nest... I think. We need a more permanent solution. but for now, all we can do is improve the walls and try to improve gathering abilities (research gathering)

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(Their armies crushed, their anthill their prison, many rebel to their old leader...what else do I need to do to capture the hill? Seriously :P imprisoning those who still oppose me...less you gonna take this into insurgencies, if so I'll go all mad and shoot fireballs down the hole...)

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, AKA the next time I post. I have an announcement as well.

Due to some business, I will not be able to post today after this post, but I'll post as soon as I can. Sorry about this, I have an actual life to live outside AG ._.

LupusAureus
LupusAureus
107 posts
Nomad

Controlled Cities: Keep of the Recluse
-------
Food Income: 30
-------
Soldiers: 291
Soldier Weapons/Armor: Pebble (+1)/None
Vehicles: 50 Grasshoppers
-------
Keep Defenses: Dirt Wall (Minor) {Upgrading to Clay Wall next turn}

I split my forces into three, 50-30-50. The two fities will attack the back of the mantises, while the thirty will go try to push rocks or stones into the mantises. If they will not find any, they will throw pebbles. If the mantises are weakened, I order Goliath to find an opening and go to the other side of the mantise force, I tell him to organize the remaining ant soldiers.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for that rough patch, I'm working on the next turn as we speak.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

TURN 7 - Next deadline: August 3, 12:01 PM

"Retreat! To the Citadel! Retreat!" Captain Verulus, now missing one of his antennae, urged the few mantises who remained fighting to retreat to the fortified citadel that formed the center of the city. Valtheim had been destroyed by the Tarantulas' devilry, a great bulge of the Western section of the walls of Requiem was missing. In its rubble, the Captain and his tattered guard were still standing, bloody, broken, but unbowed.

A large number of mantises heeded the call, and the great bells of the Golden tower started ringing. The city's citizens had retreated to the near-impregnable walls of the Sundered Keep, the greatest redoubt of the Citadel. The Citadel had been built atop a great rock, the only way up was through a beautiful rampart that was carved out of the same solid rock. Now, large numbers of wounded Mantis soldiers rushed up the ramp. Some were missing limbs, others had tattered armor and cloaks, their broadswords broken and covered in black blood.

"Run!" cried Verulus to his guard. They had just repealed another wave of attackers with terrible cost. The Captain then turned around and ran again, last of those to do so. His ragged golden cloak whirled around him, as he sheathed his rapier and ran. His steel armor was dented and haggard. The walls were a long way from the rampart, and they were tired. The long rampart circled around the rock many times before it entered the Citadel Gates, smaller in size than those of the Valtheim but hewn out of solid stone.

Now, the proud rapiers and red cloaks of the Guard came into the citadel, a golden cape following close behind. Then, the gates were closed shut. The gates were of strong timber, decorated with ivory and steel. Above was a great battlement, in which many archers could fire at whatever enemy tried to take the Citadel.

--

"King, the Guard has pulled out. They're all running to the cover of their great bastion."
"And you did nothing to stop them.
"Sire, we all-"
"No, no, no." the Tarantula king smashed the table. "I don't want excuses. We just lost thousands of men to take the ****ed walls, and now you let those *******s escape like- like-****!"
"Sire, I am d-"
"Silence, fool!"
The King paced about his tent, full of rage.
"We're retreating. With such great losses, we are never going to take the Citadel. Especially with your **** reports on enemy reinforcements. Incompetent! That's what you are!"
"Sire, we must-"
"Silence! I'll have you sacked! Give orders to the men. We're going back to Cardiff."
Cities under Control: Blackpool
-------
Food: 120
Food Income: 50 per turn
-------
Soldiers: 300
Vehicles: 50 grasshoppers
-------

You arrive at the other hive and find that a great part of the brach where the Hive was resting on was cut off. The hive is on the dirt, smashed into many pieces. As you approach the remains of the nest, you see tracks. Heavy tracks, and fresh too. They appear to have been made by an 8-limbed creature.

Cities under Control: Stag Lodge
-------
Food: 100
Technology: Gathering
-------
Soldiers: 298
-------

Some of your men are celebrating joyfully, one of them took out a small beer-pouch and drank, and passed it along

"Sir" says the strong one "we need to clean this mess up before we go. After that, we shall be gone, and back in the safety of the Lodge."

.Some of them cut chunks of meat from the Tarantula corpses, free the captives, stamped out the fire, and buried the corpses. Then, they gather around you and begin marching. You make good speed back to the lodge, where you find that everyone is hidden inside their houses.

â¨Cities under Control: Plymouth
â¨-------
â¨Food: 110
â¨Food Income: 50 per turn
â¨Technology: Gathering
â¨Age: the Age of Stone
â¨-------
â¨Soldiers: 237
â¨Soldier Cost/Recruitment: 300/0
â¨Soldier Weapons/Armor: None/None
â¨Vehicles: 50 grasshoppers, 1 Catapult
-------

A messenger comes out. From afar, he cries "We shall not submit. We shall not be defeated. We shall not retreat. We shall-" he is interrupted when one of your men fires a stone from the catapult and splatters the messenger.

"Served him right." he mutters, and your army rises up in cries, canticles, and taunts to the enemy.

From the secret passage, a large number of the anthill's workers comes out. An emissary rushes ahead of the group and signals you, but your bodyguards grab him and carry him to you. What says you? (ha)

(their leader refuses to come out :P)

-------
Food: 70
Food Income: 50
-------
-------
Hive defenses: Mud Wall (Minor)
-------

Your men toil under the hard sun baking mud bricks and placing them in the wall, all while the Termites mock and spit at your soldiers from the fence. The fence is approximately 1 meter from your hive. Behind the fence is an abandoned house, next to it is a small yard. In this yard, rising 10 centimeters high, is a termite mound. One of the tree's branches overlooks the fence where the termites regularly come out to chew their wood.

-------
-------
-------
Keep Defenses: Clay Wall

One of your two divisions drives deep into one of the Mantis regiments. The same Mantis regiment had begun storming the wall, few ants were those holding the walls against them.

The other division division of 50 men split in two in the midst of battle, but between your force and that of the ants', the Mantis regiment is encircled and slaughtered. A few of those Mantises begin to rout.

Meanwhile, a group of your men takes pebbles and starts flinging them at the Mantises, achieving great success against them.

http://i.imgur.com/PCrwIRf.png

thfcJack
thfcJack
64 posts
Nomad

The Legion of Stag Beetles
Race: Stag Beetles
Main Lair: Stag Lodge, Sheffield
Cities under Control: Stag Lodge
-------
Food: 100
-------
Soldiers: 298
-------

I'll tell my soldiers they can go back to a normal day's routine after we go door to door, informing everyone of what happened and asking them to come back out.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Uh oh, I forgot to update the title. Make that Turn 8, next deadline - Aug 6.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

The Unnamed Anarchy of Sonic
Race: Honey Bee
Main Hive: Blackpool
Cities under Control: Blackpool
-------
Food: 120
-------
Soldiers: 300
-------

"So why are the spiders or tarantulas attacking random beehives... anyway, we should probably check the wreckage for supplies and survivors."

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Nyan Ant Empire
â¨Race: Honeypot Ants
â¨Main Anthill: Plymouth
â¨-------
â¨-------
-------

Ask my guards to release him, and ask the emissary to speak...

my forces fire rotten ant corpses down the hills entrance using the catapult

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Nyan Ant Empire
â¨Race: Honeypot Ants
â¨Main Anthill: Plymouth
â¨-------
â¨-------
-------

Ask my guards to release him, and ask the emissary to speak...

my forces fire rotten ant corpses down the hills entrance using the catapult

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Rotten ant corpses O.o now that's sick lol

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

The Glorious Empire of Wasp
Race: Common Wasp
Main Nest: Stingza, Cork
-------
Food: 70
Food Income: 50
-------
-------
Hive defenses: Mud Wall (Minor)
-------
the branch seems awfully close to the nest, if it were to fall... the idea flies through my head. Under the darkness 100 soldiers, carrying anything with a sharp edge, are to cut at the termite's main tree branch

LupusAureus
LupusAureus
107 posts
Nomad

-------
-------
-------
Keep Defenses: Clay Wall

We try to finish off the mantise forces at the lower part. The pebble throwers should now concentrate on the upper part and middle part. When the forces at the lower part finish the mantise force there, they start to go up and support the battle up there. I also research Gathering, my soldiers start to gather food and other things.

Showing 91-105 of 129