ForumsSupport ForumWant to be a Mod? Want Merits?

59 15171
John
John
344 posts
Nomad

Then DON'T ASK!

We love that you love Armor Games enough to try to become a moderator or that you want extra points for writing a great review but we will not make you a moderator or give you a merit if you ask.

Why?

Because we choose our moderators by selecting members of the community who are responsible, mature, and contribute in great ways to the site. We watch in our own eyes and suggest to each other who should become the next mod. If you say to us "hey, I want to be a mod!" you are hurting this process because we want to choose based on qualities of users we need... leadership, responsibility, maturity, respect, and dedication to make the site awesome. Saying "I should be mod!" makes us think twice... mod material comes from people who SHOW US they can be a mod, not ASK US.

So don't:
Ask a mod to make you a moderator on the site.
Ask an admin to make you a moderator on the site.
Suggest a user to become a moderator on the site.

As for merits, we don't want you shoving your merits in our faces. We have quite a few people scouring the site looking for awesome comments to merit so if you wrote something good most likely it will be found. If it isn't found, that isn't to say you didn't do something great for the site. People who write lots of good comments end up becoming mods as well, so maybe you won't get the merit but you might get something even better!

So help the site by being good Armor Games users, but let us choose the next mods and merits on our own accord.

Thanks!

• 59 Replies
d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

This should be stickied. Thanks for this.

Elastergirl
Elastergirl
79 posts
Nomad

@d0m1inated14

It is stickied,look and you will see.

Soho
Soho
131 posts
Nomad

@Elastergirl Yes, I know everyone wants merits, and some do complain. Hopefully, this will stop them.

@d0m1nated14 It is stickied.

cannonarm250
cannonarm250
42 posts
Nomad

Thanks I am going to try to become a mod because I love armorgames and I want it to the best it can be

invisiman
invisiman
282 posts
Peasant

I'm going to try to become a mod because I really like helping people out. I look for people who neeed help and try to help them. This would be a great oppourtuntity because I know I could really help a bunch of people out if I became a mod. Even though I'm 13, many people who know me say that I'm very responsible. I wouldn't ever abuse my power as a mod. I really hope to become a mod, so I can help people out more. I am usually on armor games, so I would be able to help people out a lot more than a user who is never on. I really hope that you pick me as a mod.

--ivisiman--

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Well a lot of people wish to be mods but writing a whatchamacallit(forgot!) won't make you one.

TheMetalGrunt
TheMetalGrunt
113 posts
Nomad

Being a moderator would be great, but the thing is, I don't need to be one to help people.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Why are more mods needed? What does the site gain from recruiting more mods?

Fit
Fit
45 posts
Nomad

thanks I was about to ask to be a mod.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Haha, they probably won't recruit moderators anytime soon, but you can always show that you are trying.

1_800_ima_ninja
1_800_ima_ninja
43 posts
Nomad

well thanks although i doubt this will keep more than 50 people from asking the whole hurting the process by asking was definately what affected me the most maybe you should be the next mod..wait your an amdin..what happens if u all of the sudden have mod powers?

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Just like Plokkey said, their won't new Moderators for a while. We just got Strop and Dragonmistress on Moderators. We also got a new admin, Carlie. They won't pick Moderators until maybe late July or early August.

SAL37
SAL37
447 posts
Peasant

I think this topic should be lock by now.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I agree!

Showing 46-59 of 59