Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

How do i get started??

Posted Dec 22, '07 at 1:17pm

triplea66

triplea66

4 posts

I have never done anything related to flash animation or anything and i was wondering where i could go to learn the basics and start making some games of my own. I have good computer skills i just dont know how to start.

Posted Dec 23, '07 at 1:49am

LonLonRanch

LonLonRanch

178 posts

First of all you need to get a copy of flash, you can get a 30 trial at the Adobe site I beleive.

Then I recommend looking for tutorials on the web to learn the basics, some good sites are:

actionscript.org
Kirupa.com
Flashkit.com

Posted Dec 24, '07 at 7:10am

triplea66

triplea66

4 posts

OK Thankyou very much. Hopefully i can get started soon.

Posted Dec 31, '07 at 12:44pm

chiliad_nodi

chiliad_nodi

652 posts

I really have trouble with ationscript. I found all these sites helpful. I still don't have flash (my school does) and I think that is slowing me down. I will submit my first game with a few new features, thanks to these sites listed above.

Posted Jan 24, '08 at 5:34pm

PBMCube

PBMCube

31 posts

Everyone needs to take the first step on the road of gaming creation. It might help if you study and learn from a little easier sites. See what is required in a game and then jump into flash development.

Posted Jan 28, '08 at 11:36pm

porchmonkey

porchmonkey

1 post

hey thx heaps for all this help im really interested in all this and now u have really got me into it :D
Thx Laterz!!

Posted Jan 29, '08 at 4:01pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

21,765 posts

You can learn a lot here .

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 10:50am

nqkoi1

nqkoi1

431 posts

PBMCube those game creators...aren`t really game creators.

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 7:06pm

SniperDude

SniperDude

5 posts

neither do i but i do have great computer skillz so im wondering like what program to use or how to make some of the actions...

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 8:42pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

21,765 posts

I'm not really interested in game making but how many points do you get for submitting a game??

Reply to How do i get started??

You must be logged in to post a reply!