ForumsGamesDestiny, people?

14 3891
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Hello, this is me, Nilo.
I haven't seen any active Destiny threads about, so I thought I might as well make one.

For the last couple of months, I've been eager to see how Destiny would come out...I now got a glimpse of it at E3, so now I'm more excited than ever. You can see some of that 12 minute action right here...it's worth it.

Destiny is planned to come out somewhere during the next year. It will come out for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Playstation 4, and Xbox One.

I already figured out how my character is going to be like. Well, sort of. I already know my guy is going to be an Exo in terms of species, but I don't really know what class to make him. Here's my drama:

1. I really like Warlock, but not because of the abilities. I like Warlock very much because I just love the trench-coat based design. So in terms of appearance, I love Warlock.
2. Hunter is like my average class. I like his abilities as well as his appearance.
3. Titan is in the other side of the spectrum. The abilities that Titan has fit exactly into my playstyle (running a*s first into the fray, guns blazing), but I don't like his appearance a whole lot.

How's your character going to be like?

For information on Destiny, you'd best see the Destinypedia.

The Official Site of Destiny.

• 14 Replies
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I think I'm past the point where I even care about upcoming FPSs. Oh wow, another sci-fi first person shooter. Color me excited.

I'll concede the gameplay trailer was decent enough, Destiny looks colorful and may have some personality, but these are the people that made bland-FPS-of-the-month Halo, so I'll play it if it gets good reviews and save my praise till then.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Suit yourself. I'm just saying that Destiny is a new series-franchise altogether so it'll be different than your average CoD 254 or Halo 6. If you don't want to get Destiny, what can I do? I'm not going to convince you over the Internet to buy it, much less want to.

ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

but these are the people that made bland-FPS-of-the-month Halo

Actually the Halo you speak of was made by 343, not Bungie. Bungie started the series and did a good job with it, until MS handed the majority of the work to 343, which is where the now mediocre Halo's are coming from.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Destiny is a new series-franchise altogether so it'll be different than your average CoD 254 or Halo 6.

Will it? Let's hope so. Being new IP certainly doesn't save 99% of FPSs out there from being totally generic.

Actually the Halo you speak of was made by 343, not Bungie.

Actually, the Halo I speak of is every single Halo. But we're obviously gonna disagree there, and we're entitled to that.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Actually the Halo you speak of was made by 343,

No no..Halo 1, 2, and 3 were made by Bungie.

-----

The MMO aspect has me quite interested for Destiny
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

The first three Halos were actually quite good. After ODST, things just started going downhill.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Looks pretty cool. I haven't been following it too closely but it looks a lot like borderlands, just prettier and serious.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

The first three Halos were actually quite good. After ODST, things just started going downhill.

I agree I loved playing 1,2 and 3 especially when I found out about playing halo 3 online I put hours into that game but the halos after just didn't do it for me.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Looks pretty cool. I haven't been following it too closely but it looks a lot like borderlands, just prettier and serious.

I agree, but I also like the storyline (what I know until know) and multiplayer (what I've seen) quite more.

I agree I loved playing 1,2 and 3 especially when I found out about playing halo 3 online I put hours into that game but the halos after just didn't do it for me.

Halo 2. Halo 2 was epic. Although Halo 3 was awesome as well, mainly because you could be the Oracle in forge (and the High Ground map).
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I havent been keeping up with it, but how many classes did they end up with? Last I heard it was 3. I was hoping for at least 4....

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, it's probably end up being three, which I think is fine.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Thats what I thought. I dunno, four is just what im used to from games like that. More customization and stuff. But I hear you get 3 races and 3 classes, which makes up for it I guess.

FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

Destiny looks awesome, in my opinion. I want my first character to be a Hunter with stealth capabilities to the max (whatever involves stealth is, I will work on it) my Warlock will be mana bomb boosted (for now). what systems will you guys play on? I will play on X-Box 360.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I'll get the ps4 one, current gen won't be too good.
And as for classes, I'm liking the Titan. Looks pretty awesome.

Showing 1-14 of 14