ForumsArt, Music, and WritingGuys hi I drew a thing

42 19356
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Actually I drew many things. It's been quite a while since any of them have been posted in here.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/63cea991ca3ab1034ee2d603c59fb63b/tumblr_mq1hslwx0k1ryxr8mo1_500.png

Here's one that's actually recent. c:

• 42 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

What do you call this unique critter?

I'm mostly impressed by the shading, because it transitions well without any discernible "rough spots". I'm not too peachy on Perspective, so I'm not sure how shading would apply to the second wing behind the body, though.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

inb4 not Cenere; don't care

Then again, Zophia is like Cenere with more lines and higher color saturation and quite a few other differences that are harder to notice.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It looks like something Pokemon will steal. I like it! Nice to see you again Zoph.

The background is really impressive. Everything is detailed but it doesn't take away from the focal point.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

c:

What do you call this unique critter?

It's a mirror dragon from FlightRising.

Don't ask me about the light sources, I originally wasn't even planning to make a background. They're vague and probably a mess, lol.

Gantic how do you feel about this collab I did with Cen in 2011?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/8311b1fd01f15ccf1c4df5d9d1fcef79/tumblr_mq7okqM0dc1ryxr8mo1_500.png
(Obviously half the credit here goes to Cen.)
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Cenere colors! Cenere colors everywhere! Am I right? The trees and water look like Cenere trees and water. Cenere bullrush? Not sure about that foreground grass and fern. The fern looks really out of place because ferns change color with the seasons too. The deer centaur thing is 100% Zophia because the fur/tail and hooves don't match Cenere's style and Cenere doesn't draw hair well. There's also more balance or uniformity in width or whatever that word is I'm looking for, the opposite of a roundish tapering form. Kinda looks like there might be a foreground/background left/right split.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

And here's the cheat sheet for the progress.
(If Cen's purple lettering is hard to read, tilt your screen or move down in your chair or something.)

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

So I'm only less than half right. No wonder the fern looked so out of place!

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

Nice!

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

So, do you draw all of this stuff in Paint, or do you use a pen tablet thingamajig?

And here's the cheat sheet for the progress.

Code 403. Computer self destruction commences.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Is dat one of dem pokamans?

Oh..I see daleks already beat me to the punch..pfff

Anyways..nice to see you again. Very lovely drawings! What do you make them with/on?

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

First, thanks for the compliments. c:

So I'm only less than half right. No wonder the fern looked so out of place!
lolol
Yeah I was lazy with that fern. > >; I'd argue the greenness of it isn't really wrong, though, considering it could be in shadow and a fair amount of the grass is green too.

Code 403. Computer self destruction commences.

Was working for Gantic, is working for me. Try reloading a couple of times. o:

So, do you draw all of this stuff in Paint, or do you use a pen tablet thingamajig?

Err. Are you aware that Paint is a program (usually referring to MS Paint, but occasionally paint.net) and a tablet is a tool? Actually I guess you could have capitalized accidentally and were asking if I paint on canvas/paper, but then drawing it in paint would make little sense... Anyway.

What do you make them with/on?

I usually work in Photoshop Elements with an Aiptek graphics tablet.
A while back my pen broke.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/621c81da7473d81237068f2bfcb89833/tumblr_mmx7iusAyY1ryxr8mo1_500.png
I made this one in Paint with my mouse while waiting for a replacement. \\o/
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Any particular reason for those particular pokemans?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Oh..and getting same 403 as xeano..reloading does nothing.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Any particular reason for those particular pokemans?
Is "I like them" a particular reason?

Too bad about the 403s. I don't really deem the progress important enough to want to fix it, though. :x

Here's a wallpaper I did for a friend for some shiny things:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ae508bdc39631abbeb22b1a105fdd854/tumblr_mnxht0DZkR1ryxr8mo1_500.png
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Hi, I really love your work, your work reminds me of the game Impossible Creatures.

Showing 1-15 of 42