Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Guys hi I drew a thing

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 6:19pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

Actually I drew many things. It's been quite a while since any of them have been posted in here.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/63cea991ca3ab1034ee2d603c59fb63b/tumblr_mq1hslwx0k1ryxr8mo1_500.png

Here's one that's actually recent. c:

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 8:07pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,096 posts

What do you call this unique critter?

I'm mostly impressed by the shading, because it transitions well without any discernible "rough spots". I'm not too peachy on Perspective, so I'm not sure how shading would apply to the second wing behind the body, though.

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 8:41pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,771 posts

inb4 not Cenere; don't care

Then again, Zophia is like Cenere with more lines and higher color saturation and quite a few other differences that are harder to notice.

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 9:17pm

daleks

daleks

3,183 posts

It looks like something Pokemon will steal. I like it! Nice to see you again Zoph.

The background is really impressive. Everything is detailed but it doesn't take away from the focal point.

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 9:43pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

c:

What do you call this unique critter?

It's a mirror dragon from FlightRising.

Don't ask me about the light sources, I originally wasn't even planning to make a background. They're vague and probably a mess, lol.

Gantic how do you feel about this collab I did with Cen in 2011?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/8311b1fd01f15ccf1c4df5d9d1fcef79/tumblr_mq7okqM0dc1ryxr8mo1_500.png
(Obviously half the credit here goes to Cen.)

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 10:03pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,771 posts

Cenere colors! Cenere colors everywhere! Am I right? The trees and water look like Cenere trees and water. Cenere bullrush? Not sure about that foreground grass and fern. The fern looks really out of place because ferns change color with the seasons too. The deer centaur thing is 100% Zophia because the fur/tail and hooves don't match Cenere's style and Cenere doesn't draw hair well. There's also more balance or uniformity in width or whatever that word is I'm looking for, the opposite of a roundish tapering form. Kinda looks like there might be a foreground/background left/right split.

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 10:20pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

And here's the cheat sheet for the progress.
(If Cen's purple lettering is hard to read, tilt your screen or move down in your chair or something.)

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 10:32pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,771 posts

So I'm only less than half right. No wonder the fern looked so out of place!

Posted Jul 19, '13 at 11:11pm

devansh_asthana

devansh_asthana

405 posts

Nice!

Posted Jul 20, '13 at 12:05am

xeano321

xeano321

2,546 posts

Knight

So, do you draw all of this stuff in Paint, or do you use a pen tablet thingamajig?

And here's the cheat sheet for the progress.

Code 403. Computer self destruction commences.

Reply to Guys hi I drew a thing

You must be logged in to post a reply!