ForumsGamesLast of us

20 12549
seanbob100
seanbob100
21 posts
Shepherd

Any thoughts on the game and mutiplayer?

• 20 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Dat Rule 34

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

My opinion on pang has changed forever ._.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I thoroughly loved it. But I think it's getting kinda overrated out there. I mean, everybody and their cousin giving it 10/10 and the gaming equivalent of Jesus... I mean it's really something but it's not THAT insanely perfect.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

What would you rate it ihsahn?

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

The friendly AI loves to run around stomping on everything that makes noise. Luckily enemies are only alerted if you make noise. So yes it does have mistakes, but they are not that big. Great story, great gameplay, great graphics.

GamerGuy75
GamerGuy75
16 posts
Nomad

I want it badly, probably more than any game out right now.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Eh, the gameplay does its job well but it's nothing spectacular. The pacing and storytelling are very much the standard Uncharted-esque sections of walking and shooting at people behind cover, intercut by elaborate setpieces and cutscenes. I found the zombies lacked variety, to be honest, and the crafting system was pretty limited. And it was WAY too easy for a survival-oriented game. I had a ton of fun, but I had to set it to the hardest difficulty. Minor gripes, of course.

But I love the plot, and I think it's quite a bit deeper and not nearly as straightforward as people think it is. Joel and Ellie are very relatable and all, but they're not completely above the **** themselves.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i dont know much about the multiplayer, but i seen PewDiePie's playthrough of it, not to mention my friends playing it when we are all together.. i would love to play it myself but i cant see myself putting out 60 for ANY game anymore

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

i would love to play it myself but i cant see myself putting out 60 for ANY game anymore

It's not exactly cheap to make a game like The Last of Us. Buying it used will give no money to Naughty Dog.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

It's not exactly cheap to make a game like The Last of Us. Buying it used will give no money to Naughty Dog.

Your point being? Cars are expensive to make too, but that doesn't mean it's wrong to buy used cars.
PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Short answer: Its a stock first person shooter, in a genre that's been beat dead, that has followed closed behind in the spirit of Bioshock: Infinite whereas the trope of Girl in Distress (hero is father-figure).

The game was the typical stream lined larges amounts of { "tits and gore"} followed by small parts of movie {story}.

That's a very quick and angered post on an issue that, sadly, people accept.
However, I do see a silver lining. People aren't stupid. And people want a good thoughtful game. This FPS stock wrapper has got to go if anyone wants any progress in the interactive media arts..,.....but in a country where COD is the top selling game, we need to take baby, baby steps. =\\

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

The Last of Us is neither stock nor an FPS. There's nary a single tit on display. Have you played it?

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

[quote=ihsahn] There's nary a single tit on display[/quote]

I beg to differ. (Hint: far right side)

[url=http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/The-Last-of-Us-Gets-New-Batch-of-Screenshots-11.jpg]

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

My bad

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Really? I'd never have spotted it without a hint. Besides, that's a teenage girl. I think the problem is more you than the game.

Showing 1-15 of 20