ForumsGamesCrush the Castle Adventures, discussion and other Miscellaneous

9 15085
TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

As we all know, CTCA was one of the more anticipated games on AG for a while. Well, it's been out for a week or two, and having looked through the comments, frankly, I think it's under appreciated due to one thing: Lag.

Yes, I know the art is different, and some people dislike it for that, but even so, it's still Crush the Castle. More annoying is the fact that many of the fans of the previous games couldn't play because it would run so slowly on their computer, they could hardly get past the first few levels.
Those who could play were disturbed by how the aiming and shooting wasn't nearly as free, making it in some ways easier and in others harder. The trebuchet now has a more automatic aim, rather then the manual aim we all loved in the first two.

But, overall, it is a great game, with a funny story, and (when not experiencing the quality glitch) has good art and graphics.

So, here you can discuss the things you like, dislike, glitches, and other miscellaneous things about it.

• 9 Replies
TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

Uhm, so, this thread feels like another fail of mine.

But...

An annoying glitch I have is where I change the quality to Low, and I get this:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-9k_puTi72Aw/UegKkvz6h8I/AAAAAAAABhw/z4ulPG56L5Q/w761-h502-no/terriblectca.jpg

I change it back to Ultra High, no difference.

I restarted the browser, restarted the computer, nothing worked. Even now, 4 days after I first noticed this, it's still blurry. This glitch does not effect my other computer, a Windows Vista home premium, it only effects my Windows 7 using Firefox v22 and Adobe Flash player 11.8. I have a standard ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics card.

I noticed a few other people had this problem with Google Chrome and Opera.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I love how people complain about lag and blame Joey. Most likely it is because their computer sucks and they need a new one, their internet provider sucks and they should change, or their family is all using one router which slows everything down.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I noticed a few other people had this problem with Google Chrome and Opera.

I love how people complain about lag and blame Joey. Most likely it is because their computer sucks and they need a new one, their internet provider sucks and they should change, or their family is all using one router which slows everything down.

Apparently, joeybetz knows about this and created two &quoterformance warnings" as follows:

Game Description:

This game also uses hardware acceleration and utilizes your GPU to render graphics much faster. If you are having troubles with your game running slowly, make sure your GPU drivers are all up to date. If you're still having troubles, check the list of Flash Player compatible GPUs HERE and make sure your GPU is supported.

Chrome users may experience some lag issues. If you're experiencing some lag, try to lower the quality of the game and/or turn off some effects. This may help for some users.

Title Screen (with Play button):

This game can be kind of PERFORMANCE INTENSIVE for some computers. If you experience any lag or other graphical issues, make sure you have the LATEST FLASH PLAYER and GPU DRIVERS. Alternatively, you can try playing the game in another browser. You can also change the game's graphical SETTINGS at any time.

----------------------------------------

btw, the game works fine for me on IE, but not Chrome.
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

I guess I don't understand why there's a "workshop" in the game. It doesn't make any sense to me why it was added in there.

TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

Erm, while my internet may be slow, there is a definite problem with the aim.
I quote myself:
Those who could play were disturbed by how the aiming and shooting wasn't nearly as free, making it in some ways easier and in others harder. The trebuchet now has a more automatic aim, rather then the manual aim we all loved in the first two.

I don't often have too much lag. This is the main problem.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Yeah, the projectile snaps to a lot of the same angle/positions.

The old ones did this too.
I guess I don't understand why there's a "workshop" in the game. It doesn't make any sense to me why it was added in there.

Show your progress on what you are building? IDK.
fortranso
fortranso
1 posts
Peasant

I still don't understand what the workshop does. I completed the game, with all gold medals (so I'm an emperor), and the workshop still shows me the half-completed blimp thing. Is there anywhere to go in the game after this?

Serhii_8241
Serhii_8241
1 posts
Nomad

Hello.
Even after login my cloud saves are not avail. Tryed relogin many times.
Any help?

Showing 1-8 of 9