ForumsThe TavernNational Football League

87 22221
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Fantasy Drafts are happening. OTA's ended, training camp is opening and free agents are wondering if they are going to get signed or not. This thread will be just like the career of an NFL player. It starts, it has a peak, which might not get very high or else it will go far, and it ends. All fans are optimistic about their teams and think they can make the Super Bowl, in reality only 2 teams will and only 1 will hoist the Lombardi trophy at the end of the night.

So AG who are your favorite teams, your favorite teams to make the playoffs and win the SB and who do you think will win the end of season awards, including the Most Voluble Player, handed out to one Lucky, Hard Working member of one of the 32 teams... Discussion starts now!

• 87 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I'm really hoping that the Cardinals can pick it up this year and take the division. (Nobody but me thinks that will happen, but it's nice to have a dream to dream at night.) They acquired Carson Palmer, which I believe will make a vast improvement to the offense. Him, the strong strong receiving corp in Fitzgerald, Floyd and Roberts, and the signing of Rashard Mendenhal, as well as a revamped OL give the offense an entire new look and feel, which should greatly improve their overall productivity this year. As far as defense goes, we have Patrick Peterson, Tyrann Mathieu, and Yeremiah Bell, as well as just acquiring John Abraham. Defense is the highlight of the Cardinals, so I'm expecting some big plays this year. Jay Feely is also capable of a 61 yard FG, so special teams should be in good shape in that area (don't mention how he missed the 30 yarder to win the same game.)

I'm really looking at the Cardinals (obviously) to hopefully make the cut, but other then that. I really have no doubt that the 49ers, Packers, Texans, Redskins, Patriots, Falcons, Broncos, and Bengals taking their respective divisions... Colts, Seahawks, Giants or Cowboys, and the Saints or Vikings taking the Wild-Card.

I'm calling the SB as... Broncos and Packers. Both still have that explosive offense, and excellent defense (I wont go into details.)
*This list only qualifies if the Cardinals don't make the playoffs.

As far as MVP, I'm calling Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

As long as the Cardinals come in second to the Seahawks I will be happy.

Uhhh, I don't really look at the whole picture, I focus on the Seahawks. So I see a battle between the Hawks and 49ers for the West. The Cardinals and Rams will do OK.

Redskins do not win their division because RGIII will do something dumb and hurt himself again. I think the Giants will take it this year. Honestly as long as it is not the Cowboys I am happy.

Uhh, I am too lazy to do every division.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

As long as the giants do better than last year, I'm happy. Last year was bad. The only thing that kept us going was that the jets were even worse

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

As long as the Cardinals come in second to the Seahawks I will be happy.

I don't mind the Seahawks actually. They deserve a Superbowl win.

Redskins do not win their division because RGIII will do something dumb and hurt himself again.

I don't think so. He is probably not going to be so ready to run this year. He has to be careful, the wins and losses rest greatly on the decisions he makes out there.

I'm still thinking that Kaepernick is going to get hurt this year. The guy is a braggart, and he thinks he is invincible. If he gets hurt, that is the chance for the rest of the division to take the top spot. =D (Not wishing that he does get hurt, but I think it is inevitable. When the QB leaves the pocket, he loses all protection. Someone is going to really lay into him and finish him off.)
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

I'm really hoping that the Cardinals can pick it up this year and take the division.

Go Red Sea! I'm a Cards fan too, I actually live about 15 min. away from University of Phoenix Stadium.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

If you know me I want the Texans to win and honestly, it look pretty easy winning the AFC. We have filled in empty holes and got stronger players. The AFC if pretty dead right now. Only two teams that will be tough to beat is the Broncos and Colts. Broncos are having O-line problems. As for the Colts. We play them twice a year, so its enough practice. In the end it will be a fight but I think we could win. As for the NFC. Tough teams there. Redskins, Seahawks, 49ers, Packers, and Falcons will be the top teams. I think if we get to the superbowl we will be seeing Seattle or Washington there.

I was wondering if you guys wanted to sign up for my football competion. message me if you do. I'll give you the details if you want.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

The AFC if pretty dead right now. Only two teams that will be tough to beat is the Broncos and Colts.

You forgot the Patriots. Also, the Ravens and Bengals will still be contenders. Better watch for them.

Go Red Sea! I'm a Cards fan too, I actually live about 15 min. away from University of Phoenix Stadium.

Hey! First time I met a fellow Cards fan online! Glad I'm not alone.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

So AG who are your favorite teams, your favorite teams to make the playoffs and win the SB and who do you think will win the end of season awards,

It looks like most of us AG NFL fans are in the same division. But I'm a 49er fan. I hope they can work their way back to the Super Bowl soon. There will be much more competition in the NFC though.
They acquired Carson Palmer, which I believe will make a vast improvement to the offense. Him, the strong strong receiving corp in Fitzgerald, Floyd and Roberts, and the signing of Rashard Mendenhal,

Carson Palmer to me is a very inconsistent QB and can't really be trusted. Looking at his days with the Raiders and Bengals. They were up and down years. The Cardinals have improved their offense and defense and maybe that could help Palmer improve along with them. And if a throw is off, there's always Fitzgerald with the glue on his gloves.
including the Most Voluble Player, handed out to one Lucky,

Probably Peyton Manning.
I don't think so. He is probably not going to be so ready to run this year. He has to be careful, the wins and losses rest greatly on the decisions he makes out there.

His injury was mostly his fault. He was trying too hard to get extra yards. Sometimes as a quarterback, it's better to slide rather than get hit by a much bigger linebacker or a faster safety running full speed at you.
I'm still thinking that Kaepernick is going to get hurt this year. The guy is a braggart, and he thinks he is invincible.

Even tough I am a 49er fan. I slightly agree with you. I seems like he's getting more arrogant. He's a pretty big guy and tough guy but yes, he needs to be careful in some situations.
Uhhh, I don't really look at the whole picture, I focus on the Seahawks. So I see a battle between the Hawks and 49ers for the West. The Cardinals and Rams will do OK.

Oh just clearing things up, when I said I hated the Seahawks. I didn't mean it, inside my heart I don't. It was just that we are division rivals. I love the Seahawks really. Russell Wilson proved all the doubters wrong and their running game is strong. Plus the defense is top-notch and well built.
Broncos are having O-line problems.

I heard about their center getting a torn ACL and is out for the rest of the season. That could be a big blow to the team and especially Peyton. His play style is complex and he likes to audible and call out random stuff (if you look at his soundbites in game) to confuse the defense. But Peyton is an experienced veteran so he will be fine.
You forgot the Patriots. Also, the Ravens and Bengals will still be contenders. Better watch for them.

I think the Ravens will slump this year. No more Ray Lewis, no more Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs hasn't been healthy, and they also lost some of their key offensive contributors.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Am I the only person who wants to see how (poorly) Chip Kelly does in Philly?

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Patriots have no offensive secondary. Ravens have no Defense. But your right about the Bengals, They will be great.

But I'm a 49er fan.

Boo!!

Russell Wilson proved all the doubters wrong

Hes having a softmore slum tho

He will do alright. It's not gonna make them better though.

And I still need people for my foot ball competion. Please apply now!!!
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Carson Palmer to me is a very inconsistent QB and can't really be trusted. Looking at his days with the Raiders and Bengals. They were up and down years. The Cardinals have improved their offense and defense and maybe that could help Palmer improve along with them. And if a throw is off, there's always Fitzgerald with the glue on his gloves.

He's going to do alright this year. He never really had such an impressive secondary before. The running game could be better, but as long as the passing is consistent, we'll be alright. =D.

But Peyton is an experienced veteran so he will be fine.

I'm more worried about the blocking. You can't have a weak spot in there. Manning needs a little time to be Manning... The guy cant run out of the pocket like Russel Wilson.

Even tough I am a 49er fan. I slightly agree with you. I seems like he's getting more arrogant. He's a pretty big guy and tough guy but yes, he needs to be careful in some situations.

He needs to be careful. The guy is awesome, I loved watching him through the playoffs last year, but he thinks he's the big cheese. I don't want him to get hurt, but he might need it to make him realize that he is human too. (If that ever happened, it would kill the niners'... Colt McCoy is not even comparable to Kaepernick.

Patriots have no offensive secondary.

They have Tom Brady. The guy can put the ball right into the worst WR's hands like nothing. They may have problems in clutch situations, but overall I think they have no problems.

There aren't even going to make the playoffs (outside of multiple miracles.)
-

How do you guys think the underdog teams like the Cowboys, Dolphins, Lions, and the Chiefs are going to do?
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

I'm more worried about the blocking. You can't have a weak spot in there. Manning needs a little time to be Manning... The guy cant run out of the pocket like Russel Wilson.

Peyton can make it work. But it's gonna be tough. Even for a guy like Peyton.

They have Tom Brady. The guy can put the ball right into the worst WR's hands like nothing. They may have problems in clutch situations, but overall I think they have no problems.

No one can make it work like Gronkoski, Hernandez, Lyodd, Welker, and even Woodhead. Dropped ballls, bad routes, slipped catches will be problems.

How do you guys think the underdog teams like the Cowboys, Dolphins, Lions, and the Chiefs are going to do?

Cowboys will do ok. But will just miss the playoffs. Dolphins will do alright, even with the pats losses they won't win the division. Lions won't have such a good year. Johnson had a good year. Wont repeat though. Chiefs will do great. They will crawl up the leaderboards, they will miss they playoffs by an inch.
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Alright so despite starting this thread, I have yet to post my opinions.
Super Bowl Prediction:
Falcons: 24
Broncos: 27
The Super Bowl Stage appears to be too much for Matty Ice and he underthrows a Hail Mary to Julio Jones on the last play of the game and as the clock expires, Peyton Wins SBMVP and Tony Gonzalez is unable to complete what Ray Rice did this past year

In the AFC playoffs I have no new teams from last year, but a different order
6. Indianapolis Colts
5. Cincinnati Bengals
4. New England Patriots
3. Baltimore Ravens
2. Houston Texans
1. Denver Broncos
In the NFC playoffs I predict
6. Chicago Bears
5. New Orleans Saints
4. Seattle Seahawks
3. Atlanta Falcons
2. San Fransico 49ers
1. Green Bay Packers

Does anyone see anything wrong with any of this, besides your favorite team not being in here?

Moving on, Peyton Manning wins MVP, Andy Reid wins Coach of the Year after improving the 2-14 Chiefs to a respectable 7-9 record. star lotulelei wins defensive Rookie of the year and Tavon Austin wins Offensive rookie of the year. Offensive Player of the year obviously goes to Manning and Patrick Peterson takes home defensive player of the year (Probably wishful thinking as a Cardinals fan) I Still haven't decided who I think wins comeback player of the year, but I'm sure it will be well deserved

And with the first overall pick of the 2014 NFL Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Jadeveon Clowney out of the University of South Carolina.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

The Super Bowl Stage appears to be too much for Matty Ice and he underthrows a Hail Mary to Julio Jones on the last play of the game and as the clock expires, Peyton Wins SBMVP and Tony Gonzalez is unable to complete what Ray Rice did this past year

kinda specfic aint it.

Moving on, Peyton Manning wins MVP, Andy Reid wins Coach of the Year after improving the 2-14 Chiefs to a respectable 7-9 record. star lotulelei wins defensive Rookie of the year and Tavon Austin wins Offensive rookie of the year. Offensive Player of the year obviously goes to Manning and Patrick Peterson takes home defensive player of the year (Probably wishful thinking as a Cardinals fan) I Still haven't decided who I think wins comeback player of the year, but I'm sure it will be well deserved

And with the first overall pick of the 2014 NFL Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Jadeveon Clowney out of the University of South Carolina.

dude
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Hes having a softmore slum tho

I doubt it.

Distractions are rising with the Riley Cooper incident but on the field, I think the Eagles will probably get around 6-10 or 7-9. They do not have the right quarterback for the Oregon offense Chip Kelly runs. Vick will most likely get injured of some sort. Nick Foles is a decent quarterback but not athletically gifted.
He's going to do alright this year. He never really had such an impressive secondary before. The running game could be better, but as long as the passing is consistent, we'll be alright. =D.

Yeah, he never had the right support. The Raiders had no defense, no protection, not the best WR core, etc. Excluding McFadden but he suffers to injuries too. Also when he was at the Bengals, they were up and down.

Remember, he's a smart guy, he'll drop down and take the sack or throw it away. He has some cold moments where throws were rushed but last year he came back from missing one whole year so you could see some rust in him. He'll shake it off this year hopefully.
He needs to be careful. The guy is awesome, I loved watching him through the playoffs last year, but he thinks he's the big cheese. I don't want him to get hurt, but he might need it to make him realize that he is human too. (If that ever happened, it would kill the niners'... Colt McCoy is not even comparable to Kaepernick.

Big cheese or the next RG3.

Cowboys- Probably another 8-8 or 9-7 season.

Dolphins- Ryan Tannehill will become a better QB. I'll wait and see on this one.

Lions- I don't believe they'll do good. Stafford isn't consistent enough. Some crazy throws last year but it was all Megatron.

Chiefs- A lot of young talent, I think Smith and Reid will get along well. They have a legitimate chance to make the playoffs.
Alright so despite starting this thread, I have yet to post my opinions.
Super Bowl Prediction:
Falcons: 24
Broncos: 27

Falcons will make the playoffs this year but not make the Super Bowl.

I would say Broncos/Patriots vs Seahawks/49ers/Packers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do we think about Tim Tebow in New England?

And thoughts on the Riley Cooper incident and what actions should be taken by the Eagles and the commissioner? (I haven't been following along with this much. If anyone knows what exactly is happening they can say so.)
Showing 1-15 of 87