ForumsThe TavernNational Football League

87 22280
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Fantasy Drafts are happening. OTA's ended, training camp is opening and free agents are wondering if they are going to get signed or not. This thread will be just like the career of an NFL player. It starts, it has a peak, which might not get very high or else it will go far, and it ends. All fans are optimistic about their teams and think they can make the Super Bowl, in reality only 2 teams will and only 1 will hoist the Lombardi trophy at the end of the night.

So AG who are your favorite teams, your favorite teams to make the playoffs and win the SB and who do you think will win the end of season awards, including the Most Voluble Player, handed out to one Lucky, Hard Working member of one of the 32 teams... Discussion starts now!

• 87 Replies
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

And thoughts on the Riley Cooper incident and what actions should be taken by the Eagles and the commissioner? (I haven't been following along with this much. If anyone knows what exactly is happening they can say so.)

He has been banned from team activities until he can complete counseling

kinda specfic aint it.

That was the point

Falcons will make the playoffs this year but not make the Super Bowl.

I would say Broncos/Patriots vs Seahawks/49ers/Packers.

We are all entitled to our own opionions, are we not???
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

He has been banned from team activities until he can complete counseling

Whether he comes back or not, he ruined his career with those comments. African American players will shun him.
We are all entitled to our own opionions, are we not???

We are. I was just stating my opinion.
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

We are. I was just stating my opinion.

As was I, my turtle friend
Whether he comes back or not, he ruined his career with those comments. African American players will shun him.

Yeah, I was listening to Ron Wolfley and Kurt Warner (both former NFL players) talking about this and how they both know players personally who will take a fine and the 15 yard penalty for unnecessary roughness to lay a hit on him no matter what.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

No one can make it work like Gronkoski, Hernandez, Lyodd, Welker, and even Woodhead. Dropped ballls, bad routes, slipped catches will be problems.

Brady made Welker famous. He will only do good in Denver because of Peyton. My boy Gronk will be back in there before long, and Amendola will do okay at filling Welkers shoes. Overall, I would say that they still have a pretty fair offense.

The Super Bowl Stage appears to be too much for Matty Ice and he underthrows a Hail Mary to Julio Jones on the last play of the game and as the clock expires

When I watched the reply of that play, I couldn't believe it. I'm no Quarterback, but I would have heaved that ball into the endzone using every ounce of strength I could muster up, and it would have been within millimeters of being a successful hail mary.

In the NFC playoffs I predict

The Saints aren't going to make it. Their defense still stinks, and they don't really have a consistent running attack.

I think wins comeback player of the year

I going with Philip Rivers on this one... Just a feeling. (Probably wrong, but I think he has it in him.)

And with the first overall pick of the 2014 NFL Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Jadeveon Clowney out of the University of South Carolina.

I think they would be taking Johhny Manziel. They need a good QB in there.

Vick will most likely get injured of some sort. Nick Foles is a decent quarterback but not athletically gifted.

Foles is awful. I have no idea why the fans were demanding letting that guy run the team last year (he has a funny face too.)
-

The preseason approaches! Any predictions on position battles (E.G. Vick vs. Foles, Sanchez vs. Smith?)
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Manziel has a lot of maturing to do. The guy can play don't get me wrong. But he's been having a bunch of off the field issues. I heard he was being investigated by the NCAA for profiting from autographs.
Foles is awful. I have no idea why the fans were demanding letting that guy run the team last year (he has a funny face too.)

He's still young and he didn't come from a big name team in college. I believe he was from Arizona?
Vick vs. Foles

Vick will win this one. He's more experienced, and when healthy and consistent, he can pack a punch. His running abilities also make him more suitable than Foles for the Oregon Offense.

Sanchez vs. Smith?

I hope Smith wins this one. He didn't have his best season with West Virginia last year which I think made him lose some value in the draft. It might be a close battle though. If Sanchez does win, he has a lot to prove.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

So what do we think about Tim Tebow in New England?

Perfect place for him. Brady will teach him how to be great. He will learn a lot.

Brady made Welker famous. He will only do good in Denver because of Peyton. My boy Gronk will be back in there before long, and Amendola will do okay at filling Welkers shoes. Overall, I would say that they still have a pretty fair offense.

They will win the division. They wont pass the first round.

The Saints aren't going to make it. Their defense still stinks, and they don't really have a consistent running attack.

I think they can make it. Brees is experienced. He will make it work.

I don't think he will join the draft. I think he wants that 2 or 3 Heisman thing.

Foles is awful. I have no idea why the fans were demanding letting that guy run the team last year

Because Vick sucks. And Foles isn't that bad.

How do you guys think Jamal Charles will do. I think he has the chance at winning MVP. With these new tackles, he can.

Preseason has started. Thoughts?
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Perfect place for him. Brady will teach him how to be great. He will learn a lot.[/quote]

I thought they were trying at the wideout position?

I think Sanchez will win, simply being the veteran. If Smith had a year in, then may be. But Sanchez will get a few games to show he isn't entirely tainted, though the lack of any real play makers at the skill positions sticks both QBs in a bad spot:

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Perfect place for him. Brady will teach him how to be great. He will learn a lot.[/quote]

I think Sanchez will win, simply being the veteran. If Smith had a year in, then may be. But Sanchez will get a few games to show he isn't entirely tainted, though the lack of any real play makers at the skill positions sticks both QBs in a bad spot:

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Perfect place for him. Brady will teach him how to be great. He will learn a lot.

He will learn a lot, but I think it is past the point for Tebow to be great

I heard they were trying him at every offensive position to see which sticks best.
I think Sanchez will win, simply being the veteran.

Agreed but he will probably lose it at some point during the season and then win it back a few weeks later.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

He will learn a lot, but I think it is past the point for Tebow to be great

He still has quite a while left in his career. I wouldn't count him out yet.

Preseason has started. Thoughts?

Meh, most of the games are kind of crummy. Hopefully we can see what some of these teams are capable of.

Agreed but he will probably lose it at some point during the season and then win it back a few weeks later.

Sanchez is no good. Rex Ryan is stupid if he puts that butt-fumbling QB back in there. After I saw that play, I realized just how bad Sanchez really is.

Because Vick sucks. And Foles isn't that bad.

Foles is awful. Don't forget what Vick can be capable of with the right corp of players.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I was born a Bears fan but I'm considering the Packers. The Bears have let me down these past few seasons, and without Urlacher I don't see how they'll be any better this coming one.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Sanchez is no good. Rex Ryan is stupid if he puts that butt-fumbling QB back in there. After I saw that play, I realized just how bad Sanchez really is.

His first two seasons, the Jets were actually successful under Sanchez, and before all the butt fumble stuff, I thought he was a decent QB. But then everything went down hill. And he does suck as of now.
I was born a Bears fan but I'm considering the Packers. The Bears have let me down these past few seasons, and without Urlacher I don't see how they'll be any better this coming one.

Bears always start out okay but afterwards, injuries start to pile up. Overall, Bears are inconsistent.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Where he ran into his own lineman? I ask, since there's sooo many! XD
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Well lets bring up two more questions. First, were the Jets right with keeping Ryan?

I think they were right in keeping him. Injuries hurt him and it hurt them. They did cut their GM.

Next, is the Jets offense horrible because of the QB or because of the recievers?

I think the Jets offense is terrible. But it's the recievers the problem regardless of the QB.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Where he ran into his own lineman? I ask, since there's sooo many! XD

What other play would I be referring to? xD

I was born a Bears fan but I'm considering the Packers.

Name somebody who doesn't like the Packers? The Packers are the perfect picture of an American football team.

But then everything went down hill. And he does suck as of now.

Chalk up another losing season for the Jets if they put him back in there.

I think the Jets offense is terrible. But it's the recievers the problem regardless of the QB.

I think you're right. Santonio Holmes is the only skilled receiver they have, and with a QB like Mark Sanchez... My gosh.
Showing 16-30 of 87