ForumsThe TavernNational Football League

87 22279
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Fantasy Drafts are happening. OTA's ended, training camp is opening and free agents are wondering if they are going to get signed or not. This thread will be just like the career of an NFL player. It starts, it has a peak, which might not get very high or else it will go far, and it ends. All fans are optimistic about their teams and think they can make the Super Bowl, in reality only 2 teams will and only 1 will hoist the Lombardi trophy at the end of the night.

So AG who are your favorite teams, your favorite teams to make the playoffs and win the SB and who do you think will win the end of season awards, including the Most Voluble Player, handed out to one Lucky, Hard Working member of one of the 32 teams... Discussion starts now!

• 87 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I hate it when people act like the NFL has only existed for as long as their memories go back. That really frosts me.

You mean the NFL didn't start in 2004? Mind. Blown.

Seems like the Steelers aren't doing too well, both with the O Line and with senseless penalties. Be surprised if they made the Playoffs, really.

And it looks like Geno Smith isn't any better than Mark Sanchez. Seriously, who runs out the back of their own endzone for a safety? Really?
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Russel Wilson wont last very long in that case. Better watch it.

Russel is a bit safer I think. You do have a higher injury chance though when you are a mobile QB though so he can get hurt. Just when watching the two last season Russel seemed more inclined to go out of bounds when he had the chance.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

Holding my breath for the Rams' season this year.

It's been a tough couple years, considering our last ten-win season can be associated with pictures of me running about the house in my underwear and an oversized kurt warner jersey.

I've been skeptical of Sam Bradford ever since he's been drafted, and realize he has "no weapons", and apparently Tavon Austin hasn't been able to catch a cold this preseason, so hopefully our front seven can score three touchdowns a game and beat everyone Spartan style. Maybe even win the season series with the 49ers again.

Man I hate the 49ers.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Holding my breath for the Rams' season this year.

Keep holding it. Cardinals are going to destroy you this year.

This destroyed my season hopes today...
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Season opens in two days! Who is going to win? Broncos or Ravens?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Broncos. Ravens will be bad this year.

gman144
gman144
156 posts
Blacksmith

Broncos forevaaaaaaa!!

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Broncos will win. Ravens lost too many assets and key players. Especially Ray Lewis, there's no more locker room leadership.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I love how the "experts" pretend to know everything when really they are just guessing like we are.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I love how the "experts" pretend to know everything when really they are just guessing like we are.

Hey, it's not nice to be so insulting to us Daleks.
gman144
gman144
156 posts
Blacksmith

I tell my brother this every time he reads an artical on NFL.com.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

2 for 2 so far. Come on Cowboys. Wow, that feels weird to say.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

Rams looked good. It's amazing what happens when you have actual wide receivers on your team.

The run game was pretty non-existent, but there's time to fix that.

And man does that D look good. Robert Quinn and Chris Long are men. And then there's Cortland Finnegan.

*shakes fist at Cortland Finnegan*

And how about the end to that Bucs-Jets game? Kudos to Tampa Bay for out-Jetting the Jets. Very impressive.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

Anybody have any thoughts about Ndamukong Suh's $100,000 fine?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Anybody have any thoughts about Ndamukong Suh's $100,000 fine?

I feel that it's just a little excessive... I mean, watching the play, he was going for the waist and just misjudged.

Even the guy he hit said he didn't think it was on purpose.

Suh has a history of making illegal hits, but not $100,000 bucks worth. I feel that $300 would have been very fair.
Showing 46-60 of 87