ForumsThe TavernNational Football League

87 22222
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Fantasy Drafts are happening. OTA's ended, training camp is opening and free agents are wondering if they are going to get signed or not. This thread will be just like the career of an NFL player. It starts, it has a peak, which might not get very high or else it will go far, and it ends. All fans are optimistic about their teams and think they can make the Super Bowl, in reality only 2 teams will and only 1 will hoist the Lombardi trophy at the end of the night.

So AG who are your favorite teams, your favorite teams to make the playoffs and win the SB and who do you think will win the end of season awards, including the Most Voluble Player, handed out to one Lucky, Hard Working member of one of the 32 teams... Discussion starts now!

• 87 Replies
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Alright Guys. Favorite player at QB and why? Doesn't have to be a current player and it doesn't have to be a long reason. I just don't want posts that say Tony Romo cuz go Spurs, they just won the Stanley Cup Finals with a 19-3 victory over Real Madrid.

I'll Start
Current Player: Matt Ryan because his nickname is Matty Ice and I really like that.
Alltime: Steve Smith because he's Mormon, as am I, and he was an alltime great with 3 Super Bowls, 7 pro bowls, 1 Super Bowl MVP, a 2 time MVP and holds an NFL record with 6 nfl passer rating titles

I'll leave this up for any where in between 3 days to a week and then the next Position will be WR

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

For me: Arian Foster-was an undrafted free agent. Proved everyone wrong and is a great inspiration.

All time: Don't have one.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I just don't want posts that say Tony Romo cuz go Spurs, they just won the Stanley Cup Finals with a 19-3 victory over Real Madrid.

That looks awful similar to your reason for Matt Ryan, but who cares, right?

For me: Arian Foster-was an undrafted free agent.

Calvin wants favorite QB, not RB.

As far as who is my favorite... I always kind of liked Vinnie Testaverde (OMG! A name most of you have probably never heard before.) He was pretty cool, set a few records, did alright in his career.

I also like Joe Montana, Joe Namath, Steve Young, Brett Farve, Kurt Warner, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Roger Staubach... The list goes on. I don't really favor any one of them, but they are/were some awesome players.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

omg Omg OMG!!!!! I forgot the huge news!!!

The Cardinals shutout Green Bay in the preseason opener 17-0! Whoo!

This has me so excited, you couldn't even believe it.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

YEah Cards you going to the Super Bowl now, they beat the Packers!!!! whoooooooooooo

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Vinny, it is preseason. No one cares about preseason except the rookies.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Vinny, it is preseason. No one cares about preseason except the rookies.

Yeah Vinny, that and we are gloating about the Cardinals (Daleks is a fan of the rival Seahawks.)
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

dude the preseason is like the most exciting thing ever I don't know what you are talking about daleks.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Anyone have any thoughts on the outcome of last weekends games? How about how the Eagles performed?

What do you guys think of the upcoming match-ups? I personally am really looking forward to the Cardinals-Cowboys on the 17th. That game is going to be epic. (My bro in-law is a Cowboys fan, and my whole family loves the Cardinals, so the rivalry is ON!)

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Preseason games don't prove much. It's the individual play that shows how good a team is.

You guys seeing this Redskins QB problems?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

You guys seeing this Redskins QB problems?

I heard Kirk Cousins went down... I would say they are about done with winning for the preseason.

RG3 will be back for the normal season. The guy is awesome, he's going to great this year.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

RG3 will be back for the normal season. The guy is awesome, he's going to great this year.

*Hurts himself in Week 3*
You heard it here first guys.

So the Seahawks haven't lost a game yet. 8 straight in the preseason now. They seem to have a better team this year.
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

So the Seahawks haven't lost a game yet. 8 straight in the preseason now. They seem to have a better team this year.

Wow. 8 straight preseason wins. Watch out. Undefeated regular season coming up *End of sarcasm*

I heard Kirk Cousins went down... I would say they are about done with winning for the preseason.

Foot injury. Head Coach Shanahan called it a long shot for him to return for the game vs. the Bills

A lot are getting injured this year. I don't approve. Sports injuries suck

But the Cardinals are going to either surprise a lot, or are going to be all bark no bite. Patrick Peterson has been getting a lot of offensive plays
UDFA rookie WR Jaron Brown has been a pleasant surprise, Jay Feely's poor kicking has been an unpleasant suprise I hope he wins the kicking job, although Carpenter is just as good, if not better and he is younger (by 10 years). I feel like The Cardinals owe him after this although I doubt BA and Steve Keim think that way, they have their own system.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Wow. 8 straight preseason wins. Watch out. Undefeated regular season coming up

Well that would be awesome, but I like having only 1 undefeated season team. Miami Dolphins!
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

But the Cardinals are going to either surprise a lot, or are going to be all bark no bite.

Arians is very unreasonable, and he will not tolerate excuses. He is the image of an NFL coach. The Cardinals will shock the NFL this year. They may not make the playoffs, but they will give the Seahawks and 'niners a run for their money (it wouldn't surprise me if the battle for the NFC west is between these three.)

*Hurts himself in Week 3*

Russel Wilson wont last very long in that case. Better watch it.

A lot are getting injured this year. I don't approve. Sports injuries suck

I was kind of surprised by most of them... I mean, what are these guys doing out there? Why would you go right out and rip your ACL? *cough* Percy Harvin *cough cough*

I feel like The Cardinals owe him after this

That kick was awesome. I was on top of the world when he made that.

Around a minute later I was in sheer disbelief that he missed the 40 yarder to WIN THE GAME. (I really wish I could have seen my face when he missed it. I sat for like 10 minutes just staring at the TV with my mouth open.)

Jay Feely's poor kicking has been an unpleasant suprise I hope he wins the kicking job

It's really too bad. Feely is just inconsistent. You can't risk missing a game winning or tying field goal. That could cost the Cardinals a lot in the long run. (I will never understand why they got rid of Neil Rackers. That guy was good.)

but I like having only 1 undefeated season team. Miami Dolphins!

90% of people I meet are surprised when they find out the Dolphins are the only team with a perfect season. It's always "I thought it was the Patriots."

I hate it when people act like the NFL has only existed for as long as their memories go back. That really frosts me.
Showing 31-45 of 87