ForumsPopular MediaToo soon. Too soon.

13 5602
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

We all have those shows on TV that we watch and love, but some die premature deaths. This thread is all about those shows that got axed but you wish kept on chugging along.

I have 3 that come to the top of my head:
Firefly- This show was great. It had a bit of everything in it and now has a big following of browncoats! Sadly it was axed after the first season.
The Cape- This show either only made it through one season or got cut even before that. All I remember is it left me with a cliffhanger that will never be solved.
Zero Hour- The newest show that I miss already. After 3 episodes it was axed. Luckily the rest of the season is being shown right now and it says that it will wrap up. Still I don't see why you ax a show after 3 episodes.

So which shows do you miss?

• 13 Replies
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I don't usually watch television shows, but one of my childhood shows, Invader Zim, comes to mind. It was a great show, but it pushed Nickelodeon's boundaries to the limit. For a kids show, it was pretty gruesome. It was canceled before they could give the show a proper ending.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Young Justice
It had so much potential and was well written and animated. It was probably cancelled because of the ratings, they showed the episodes in the early morning around 8am when I don't think many would tune in. This would've been better suited for around 8pm.

Then there was that reboot of The Twilight Zone in 2002 that only lasted 1 season.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Firefly- This show was great. It had a bit of everything in it and now has a big following of browncoats! Sadly it was axed after the first season.

^this, Like Sheldon said, it should've been on for years.

Then there was that reboot of The Twilight Zone in 2002 that only lasted 1 season.
That series just came off as weird, especially the Eden one, and how much do you love your kid.

~~~Darth Caedus
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

sorry for dp, but I came up with a couple things.

How do you define shortlived, does it have to be one or two seasons, or could it be a show that lasted for a decade but had the potential to last much longer (House comes to mind)

~~~Darth Caedus

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I was going for things that got axed as in the TV station said they were cut, but you can also post shows that ended on their terms but you with were still going.

clhkph
clhkph
121 posts
Blacksmith

Young Justice
It had so much potential and was well written and animated. It was probably cancelled because of the ratings, they showed the episodes in the early morning around 8am when I don't think many would tune in. This would've been better suited for around 8pm.

Dude, it DID end. I know, at first I thought they canceled it but after a few months they started showing it again. You along with other people might have missed it. Since now it probably won't show anymore, I can tell you the end if you want. It's so sad.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I saw it, but imdb says it was cancelled.

It was left on a cliffhanger too, showing Darkseid and all.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

It didn't even survive the first season. The last episode or two didn't air.
Neither did the pilot and a couple other episodes.

~~~Darth Caedus
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Am I the only one who misses Sons of Tuscon? Now that was a funny show, but supposedly I'm one of the only people who thinks so, as it was canceled after only four episodes. It's interesting to me how a show like that could be so badly received so early on, while so many less-entertaining, dull shows can go on season after season.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I have never heard of that show. I think sometimes that is the problem, just not enough press for a show so no one knows about it. Then not many people watch it when it first comes on and it gets cut before it can spread by word of mouth.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I have never heard of that show. I think sometimes that is the problem, just not enough press for a show so no one knows about it. Then not many people watch it when it first comes on and it gets cut before it can spread by word of mouth.

I think this happened with several other shows as well, including messed up time slots.

~~~Darth Caedus
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Zero Hour- The newest show that I miss already. After 3 episodes it was axed. Luckily the rest of the season is being shown right now and it says that it will wrap up. Still I don't see why you ax a show after 3 episodes.

Ah I saw one episode of Zero Hour and it was pretty good. (my dad watches it all the time)
Showing 1-12 of 13