Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Too soon. Too soon.

Posted Jul 27, '13 at 10:25pm

daleks

daleks

3,212 posts

We all have those shows on TV that we watch and love, but some die premature deaths. This thread is all about those shows that got axed but you wish kept on chugging along.

I have 3 that come to the top of my head:
Firefly- This show was great. It had a bit of everything in it and now has a big following of browncoats! Sadly it was axed after the first season.
The Cape- This show either only made it through one season or got cut even before that. All I remember is it left me with a cliffhanger that will never be solved.
Zero Hour- The newest show that I miss already. After 3 episodes it was axed. Luckily the rest of the season is being shown right now and it says that it will wrap up. Still I don't see why you ax a show after 3 episodes.

So which shows do you miss?

Posted Jul 27, '13 at 10:53pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

464 posts

I don't usually watch television shows, but one of my childhood shows, Invader Zim, comes to mind. It was a great show, but it pushed Nickelodeon's boundaries to the limit. For a kids show, it was pretty gruesome. It was canceled before they could give the show a proper ending.

Posted Jul 27, '13 at 11:00pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

Young Justice
It had so much potential and was well written and animated. It was probably cancelled because of the ratings, they showed the episodes in the early morning around 8am when I don't think many would tune in. This would've been better suited for around 8pm.

Then there was that reboot of The Twilight Zone in 2002 that only lasted 1 season.

Posted Jul 27, '13 at 11:10pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,188 posts

Firefly- This show was great. It had a bit of everything in it and now has a big following of browncoats! Sadly it was axed after the first season.

^this, Like Sheldon said, it should've been on for years.

Then there was that reboot of The Twilight Zone in 2002 that only lasted 1 season.

That series just came off as weird, especially the Eden one, and how much do you love your kid.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jul 27, '13 at 11:15pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,188 posts

sorry for dp, but I came up with a couple things.

How do you define shortlived, does it have to be one or two seasons, or could it be a show that lasted for a decade but had the potential to last much longer (House comes to mind)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jul 27, '13 at 11:22pm

daleks

daleks

3,212 posts

I was going for things that got axed as in the TV station said they were cut, but you can also post shows that ended on their terms but you with were still going.

Posted Jul 29, '13 at 3:28pm

clhkph

clhkph

117 posts

Young Justice
It had so much potential and was well written and animated. It was probably cancelled because of the ratings, they showed the episodes in the early morning around 8am when I don't think many would tune in. This would've been better suited for around 8pm.

Dude, it DID end. I know, at first I thought they canceled it but after a few months they started showing it again. You along with other people might have missed it. Since now it probably won't show anymore, I can tell you the end if you want. It's so sad.

Posted Aug 1, '13 at 5:01pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

I saw it, but imdb says it was cancelled.

It was left on a cliffhanger too, showing Darkseid and all.

Posted Aug 1, '13 at 5:28pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

It didn't even survive the first season. The last episode or two didn't air.

It did get a movie, though.

Arrested Development was cut after the third season, I think? It got a fourth Netflix season, but I wasn't too excited about the new format, and it's been a few years since the fourth season was released. Either way, moar Arrested Development would be awesome.

Posted Aug 1, '13 at 7:05pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,188 posts

It didn't even survive the first season. The last episode or two didn't air.

Neither did the pilot and a couple other episodes.

~~~Darth Caedus

Reply to Too soon. Too soon.

You must be logged in to post a reply!