Forums → Art, Music, and Writing → ArmorGames' Armatar Contest: Special 'CtC' Edition! - Extended Deadline!!
A short break gave you artistic folks of the ArmorGames community all the time to think of new ways to add to the ever growing diversity in Armatars available.... so, now it's time to put those great thoughts on paper (well, err... or screen? Heh...) and submit your very own original art in this very short, but very special edition of the ArmorGames' Armatar Contest called:
Crush the Castle: Adventures!!!
How did we get here you wonder? Well... here's the true story that led to the creation of this special contest!
Here are the guidelines that help you figure out what is allowed and what is not :
# ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :
1) All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3) Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the actual armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
~ Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So keep in mind what the final size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
~ Remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with something you actually don't like...
~ If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this is probably not a big issue.
4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you.
Plagiarism will not only exclude your submission by means of disqualification, it will also exclude you from participation in any future contests AND will have further consequences!
5) Must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable to whatever extend, a mod or admin will give the decisive and final ruling for submission.
Do note that since this is a short special contest, we will be adding all of the chosen submissions at once at the end of the contest! The window for this contest will be from 07/30/2013 untill 08/14/2013!!
As usual, we're looking forward to seeing your contributions! So, feel the King's sadness, heed his call for help, put on that shiny armor, climb your trusty steed and FIGHT, err... I mean DRAW for your King! DRAW! AMAZE US! HUZZAH!!! =)
- 133 Replies
Jester on fire
Some great entries!
I'm going to re-draw my entry so that it doesn't look very bad at 100x100.
Soul Reaper Ctca
I have started working on a 3 special armatars.I hope that I will finish them before the deadline.I have not slept one night, and if it need be I will not sleep tonight, but I'm going to finish them Wish me luck!
Well, make sure to get some sleep.
How many armatars can we do by person?? :-)
As many as you want, but we may pick your best ones to put up.
My first one, is it ok??
After the King, the Spearman
I'm sorry but I did not have time to finish Ballista
i go very happy to like this
Thread is locked!