Forums → Art, Music, and Writing → ArmorGames' Armatar Contest: Special 'CtC' Edition! - Extended Deadline!!
A short break gave you artistic folks of the ArmorGames community all the time to think of new ways to add to the ever growing diversity in Armatars available.... so, now it's time to put those great thoughts on paper (well, err... or screen? Heh...) and submit your very own original art in this very short, but very special edition of the ArmorGames' Armatar Contest called:
Crush the Castle: Adventures!!!
How did we get here you wonder? Well... here's the true story that led to the creation of this special contest!
Here are the guidelines that help you figure out what is allowed and what is not :
# ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :
1) All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3) Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the actual armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
~ Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So keep in mind what the final size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
~ Remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with something you actually don't like...
~ If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this is probably not a big issue.
4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you.
Plagiarism will not only exclude your submission by means of disqualification, it will also exclude you from participation in any future contests AND will have further consequences!
5) Must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable to whatever extend, a mod or admin will give the decisive and final ruling for submission.
Do note that since this is a short special contest, we will be adding all of the chosen submissions at once at the end of the contest! The window for this contest will be from 07/30/2013 untill 08/14/2013!!
As usual, we're looking forward to seeing your contributions! So, feel the King's sadness, heed his call for help, put on that shiny armor, climb your trusty steed and FIGHT, err... I mean DRAW for your King! DRAW! AMAZE US! HUZZAH!!! =)
- 133 Replies
Protecting the nature...
Here is your new armatar ferret i just remembered your name
The Fallen Commander From The Dark Side
A Legoblock Token
[i][b] looking great lets go
A giant Squid on the shore
sj tribeam walking in path of grasslands
YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!
Haha, nice sailor.
Since there have been many awesome, great, artistic and original submissions for this contest, we decided to extend it juuuuust a little while longer!! =D
So, the new deadline will be closing on August 22nd!
After that, it will close as we are dying to get the new theme up and running!
Calm down and hurry up! Create them and submit them! =)
Hey, since I don't feel like putting forth the effort, could someone make this armatar happen?
I want a boulder (or any projectile from Crush the Castle) landing on a cartoon style bird. The bird looks very, very similar to a bird from a certain game (*cough*angrybirds*cough*). The overall armatar look is boulder landing on the bird, bird just begging to be squished by boulder, a feather coming off the bird, and maybe, in the distant background, we see the catapult (if it's not too small or cluttered looking).
Please :] lol
*The overall armatar look is this:
- The boulder (or projectile) landing on the bird.
- The bird just begginning to be squished by the boulder.
- A feather coming off the bird
- Possibly, in the distant background, we see the catapult (if it's not too small or cluttered looking).
Okay, rephrased it fixed some spelling.
Thread is locked!