Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Dear Community

Posted Aug 1, '13 at 5:14pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,976 posts

When confronted about the issue he straight up said that he is afraid of getting pressured into drinking and getting "black out drunk".

This seems to be more of a trust issue than anything. Unless it's something like he thinks he's too weak to control himself around the stuff, that as soon as he sees or smells it he'll chug as much as he can. Maybe it's a lack of education on the subject.

Posted Aug 2, '13 at 12:31am

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

Dear Aknerd:

His reservation stems from probably never having gotten blacked out drunk before. Some of my greatest achievements have come while I was blacked out drunk, and you're not a very good friend if you're in aggreement with this cellow and holding him back from the good stuff. Ducktape, a keg, and a funnel should solve your and his problems. If not, well... I'll give you an address you can mail the keg to.

Posted Aug 2, '13 at 1:39am

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Dear Aknerd,

I can very slightly relate to the other guy. Not as severely, but very slightly. I have some suggestions. The first one you probably won't try, as it's basically, don't drink. The second one is to not drink whenever he's around, or maybe just drink when he's gone. Maybe you should find something in common, and do that. Like *smoking, for example, or chugging pop. Maybe you should just drink pop, in fact. Or, you could stop drinking, and find something to substitute it with, like *fist fights, you never know.

*9 out of 10 doctors agree, that this is a pretty terrible idea.

With Best Regards,
Spirit

My Question, btw:

Dear Community,
I am a very paranoid person, but not like 'They're plotting against me', moreso like 'I'm not going out there, the Slenderman's probably out there'. Specifically because I live in a heavily-wooded area. I'm pretty superstitious, not like bad luck superstitious. More like Urban Legends and Mythological Creatures. Anyway, I'm afraid of going too close to the woods, which is bad, because I sometimes fix stuff up around the house, and the hammer, nails, drill, and screws are all in the shed, right by the forest. Any tips on surviving, and/or being less afraid? The Slenderman in particular is creepy/scary. When I read about Jeff the Killer... well, let's just say I'm scared to a much lesser extent.

Sincerely,
Spirit

Posted Aug 2, '13 at 2:05am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,976 posts

*fist fights, you never know.
*9 out of 10 doctors agree, that this is a pretty terrible idea.

Then the other doctor wants to get paid.

@aknerd
Bring a flashlight with plenty of batteries (if you have the means, oil lamps are always better), some painkillers, and sanity potion. If you don't have those things, double-finger defense can be quite effective.

Posted Aug 2, '13 at 2:07am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,976 posts

@aknerd

*facepalm*
@Spirit

waiting for that edit button...

Posted Aug 2, '13 at 2:29am

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Dear Emp,
Yeah, that Tenth Doctor (I'm thinking of Doctor Who now, for some reason...) is a pretty shady character. He runs an office in the alleyway between the rundown Pharmacy, and some slums. He shakes a lot, and takes medication himself. *He gave me some pills for my headaches, and it feels WAAAAYY better. He usually cuts sugar into lines with a razor, dunno why. By the way, should I be worried?

Sincerely,
Spirit

*Please, for the love of god, I wouldn't trust this doctor. I eat apples every day now, so he stays away. He keeps asking for protection money.

Posted Aug 2, '13 at 9:32am

aknerd

aknerd

1,275 posts

Dear Spirit,

In regards to your last letter, I'm sorry to say I will probably do exactly zero of those things. At any rate, the problem isn't that we (I should say that there are 7 of us who regularly hangout/drink together, plus the guy who doesn't drink, plus this random girl who I literally never see = 9 people) start drinking when he's around and drive him off. Its that he just assumes we are drinking and disappears into the night (this is not an exaggeration).

The issue is that I feel bad that he feels like he has to ostracize himself over what doesn't have to be an issue. None of us get drunk at all, and I don't think he would even realize we were drinking if we were to do something sneaky like switching the label on the bottle* or whatever.

*Yeah what up we drink out of bottles cause we're classy like that.

In regards to your most recent question:

Spend a night in the woods. You probably won't die. Best case scenario, you have a good time and gain the confidence to overcome your fear of the woods.

Worst case scenario, there is some sort of demon out there and he gets you and you spend the rest of eternity in some sort of eternal torment like perhaps you have to wait in a line at the DMV forever and the women in front of you is holding some crying infant and it just goes on and on and on until you just can't take the noise anymore you finally go up to her to try to help calm the baby down but when the women turns around SHE HAS NO EYES and then the baby turns out to just be a giant disembodied eyeball but oh god why does it have teeth and then it leaps at your face and now YOU have no eyes and STILL have to wait in the DMV line forever and when you finally get to the front the women at the counter is like "sorry this is the line for people with eyes" and now you have to go wait in this other line full of people with no eyes.

All the best,
Aknerd

Posted Aug 2, '13 at 12:13pm

danielo

danielo

1,378 posts

Dear blk2860,

Burn it. Burn it all.
Joking...

But like a little kid feel safer with a toy sword under his pillow, get somethink like this too. As a paranoied person myseelf, i have a half spear back home (the perfect wepone for the coward peasent) and a M-16 under my pillow at the bed in the base. And i always walk with 2 clips in my pants (the rule say you have to carry 1).

Another thing you can do (plus to the thing befor) is learnong on your local woods. What animals live ther, the local folklore and so on. Knowledge is power. Espeicely when you know the supposed weakness pf this demon crying baby women with no face thingy.

Posted Aug 2, '13 at 4:52pm

danielo

danielo

1,378 posts

Dear community,

I am here in armor games for many years, and i have a big problme that make me sad again and again -

This is, my grammer.

As im sure you noticed, my english is not the best. I have grammatical errors, writing errors and sometimes i dont remmember a word. Mostly im fine but sometimes peoples here use it against me.
Why everyone are so eager to tell me that?
I realy feel its lowering my self esteam. I cant just google translate everything. I try to check but as im mot home and using my phone to talk with you guys its much much harder to do so. These comments made me more then once to think about not coming in again or at least not commenting.

Thank you for reading,
Danielo

Posted Aug 2, '13 at 9:18pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Dear Danielo,
Maybe you should learn to spell. The problem isn't us, it's clearly you*. Read this, and tell me if it's difficult, and/or annoying:

hello guyz im spirit. i just wantt u guyz to know, that i cant spel at al. pleaze don't criticice me for tis, it is hard, as im an idiot. i also dont know what a shift key is, and my keyz stick. i use the letter z not s. btw guyz, people make me mad.

It's annoying, isn't it? You spell much better than that, you only have mistakes every so often, though. I'm not trying to be mean, it actually makes me angry when I try to read what people like this say. Just, learn better grammar, essentially.

With no offense,
Prisoner #117

Dear Danielo,
In regards to your response, you cannot kill it, because bullets do not harm it. Also, I know pretty much everything about it. It's just, sometimes, I think I see it outside. I don't know for sure though. Any advice?

Sincerely,
Spirit

Dear Aknerd,
Maybe you should gain his trust. I mean, he obviously doesn't trust you guys. So maybe you should invite him over, and try to convince him to stay, promising you won't drink around him, or try to get him to drink. And that's when you slip him the poison. Wait what? You're not trying to kill him? Then disregard that last part, hehe. Also, in regards to your last letter about help, I would die of fear, or something worse if I did that. The neighbor's cats were eaten by coyotes, and even then, I'm still afraid of being in those woods, even in broad daylight. So, I don't think I'll try that.

With best regards,
Spirit

Reply to Dear Community

You must be logged in to post a reply!