Forums

ForumsFlash Games

I Can't Stand Cursed Treasure 2

Posted Aug 15, '13 at 6:52pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,504 posts

None of you actually thought that perhaps you have so much problems simply because your level is too low? O_o

Words can have more than one definition. When we were using the term luck we were referring to probabilistic occurrences. You seem to be having a hard time understanding that we were not referring to luck as superstition or unknown fortune.

As I tried to thoroughly explain in my previous post, we are all referring to luck, in Cursed Treasure 2, as an introduced probabilistic occurrence as by design from the game developers. (The game developers are taking the control out of the players hands).

Heck, it's even the point of playing on a computer to allow the computer to do all the tedious work. Is it better? No. Is it required? Yes.

You are right. All video/computer games rely on the computer and it the games code. The code is basically the set of rules for the game. The problem is this:
In level 20 I choose where to put the towers.
I choose what towers to build and where (with some limiting factors).
I choose which towers to upgrade (when experience for the tower is reached).
I choose which lighthouse, tree,  or ship to cast my cut out spell on and when (provided I have enough mana).
I choose which enemies to cast my terror or meteorite spell on and when (provided I have enough mana.
I have no choice in deciding when mana potions will drop from enemies (and I have upgraded all my abilities to maximum).

So all the the strategic planning in the world on my part can be foiled by a simple mana potion not dropping. It ruins the experience. In Chess I can plan a great strategy, but my opponent can ruin my strategy, but I can change my strategy and come out ahead. No matter what, in Chess , its up to me to move the pieces correctly their is no random event taking away from a well thought out plan.

Level 20 is basically like a War General planning an attack on an enemy. The General prepares the best troops for battle, learns all he can about war and combat, makes a strategic plan of attack, but then has his army wiped out by a falling meteor. The meteor is like the potion drops, it ruins all the planning you do before hand and sucks out the fun.

Lastly, most the people who are complaining happen to have the quest for obtaining brilliant on the last three levels. As of right now you don't. it's funny how the people who actually tried and did get the medal are angry at the game, while the people who have no clue how to get the medal (and don't understand the anguish that accompanies it) blindly defend the game.

---------------------------------

On a side note I would reccomnd that anyone who posted a strategy, for getting a brillian,t here also post it in the Quest Thread for Cursed Treasure 2 Here (if you haven't done so already:

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/ … e-2-quests

Posted Aug 15, '13 at 6:58pm

TheEvidence

TheEvidence

9 posts

Also you obviously didn't understand what I meant by the fact that luck don't exist. Yes, there is probabilities. That don't equate luck.

This was wrong the first time you said it and it's still wrong now. I showed you exactly how this was incorrect. You're either reject standard word definitions or refusing to admit you were wrong about something.

This doesn't exactly make a compelling case for responding to anything else you have to say.

Posted Aug 15, '13 at 11:57pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,773 posts

quest for obtaining brilliant on the last three levels.

Pretty sure you don't actually need brilliant on the last three levels to earn the quest. You just need a minimum of two brilliants and 8 additional stars for a total of 14, not the 18 for all brilliant. It's entirely possible to not complete brilliant on level 20 and not do night mode for level 20 at all and still earn the achievement, but you need brilliant for day/night on level 21, which is tedious. It's just easier to get brilliant day/night 19 and two star day/night 20 and 21.

Posted Aug 16, '13 at 1:44am

RasAlGhul

RasAlGhul

7 posts

So all the the strategic planning in the world on my part can be foiled by a simple mana potion not dropping. It ruins the experience.

Exactly this. The problem isn't that the levels are "difficult" or that they require careful strategy - - it is that they are frustrating in that 15 waves of good strategy can be undone by not getting the right mana drop or the right scrolls. I'm all for difficult strategy experiences just so long as they don't feel like frustrating wastes of time.

Posted Aug 16, '13 at 3:49am

Reton8

Reton8

2,504 posts

Pretty sure you don't actually need brilliant on the last three levels to earn the quest. You just need a minimum of two brilliants and 8 additional stars for a total of 14, not the 18 for all brilliant. It's entirely possible to not complete brilliant on level 20 and not do night mode for level 20 at all and still earn the achievement, but you need brilliant for day/night on level 21, which is tedious. It's just easier to get brilliant day/night 19 and two star day/night 20 and 21.

Lol, wow, my math is bad and I should feel bad. This whole time I assumed this quest followed suit with the others that required brilliant. I guess that shaves quite a few points of the difficult level for the quest there. *bows to audience and says* "Exit stage left."

Posted Aug 16, '13 at 3:58am

Reton8

Reton8

2,504 posts

Actually, wow half the reason the game had me so frustrated was because of the brilliant quests. Seeing that that last quest didn't require brilliant knocks the wind out of my sails. I mean I still feel the game should fix the issues it has (especially the memory leak that causes lag), but knowing that quest isn't as hard leaves me half as upset. *goes to corner, eats half of a crow*.

Posted Feb 21, '14 at 6:35pm

wottfox

wottfox

1 post

I found this old thread googling my frustration at brilliants for level 20. Interesting that this exact issue has been around for such a long time. I'm a bit of a completionist, and I've maxed out my level, finished the entire tech tree, the only two 'badges' left are the ones which require brilliants in the final three levels.
I'm going to persevere obviously, but the leap from relying on strategy to relying on mana-pot drops is glaringly obvious. Guess a good game isn't TRULY good until you've replayed the same level more than 20 times and flipped some tables. XD

Reply to I Can't Stand Cursed Treasure 2

You must be logged in to post a reply!