Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

Can you download games from this website

Posted Aug 1, '13 at 8:37pm

Nomad210

Nomad210

1 post

i don't have very fast internet at home so when im at school i play a lot flash games and armor games is my favorite website to play games and i was wondering if you can download the games off this website on to a computer or a usb

Posted Aug 3, '13 at 1:12am

zizo90

zizo90

175 posts

Well you cannot
1st : Because Armor Games Based on Browsing Site not on Downloading Games.
2nd : Anyway I hope they will make it But They maybe wont do it because like i said AG is based on browsing site!
So Welcome to Armor Games And Have fun By playing and staying! :)

Posted Aug 4, '13 at 4:21am

brp47

brp47

558 posts

also there are issues to do with Armor Games making money without the adverts displayed on a browser based site, and potential copyright breaches by users downloading and potentially exploiting the content

Posted Aug 8, '13 at 6:08pm

EagleOfFire2

EagleOfFire2

131 posts

Short version: Yes, you can.

Long version: anything downloaded by your browser is already on your computer. What you need is a program or a tool or an add-on or whatever which will allow you to do what this site script is meant to prevent you from being able to do even though you do it already.

However, downloading games would be like "playing offline" which mean no advantages of logging in to AG to play games like for example online saves, friends highscores, etc.

Also read the above comments, in case you actually care about AG and you want to support the site.

Posted Aug 10, '13 at 5:01am

brp47

brp47

558 posts

If you want to know in more detail about what you can and can't do here then you should read the terms and conditions

Posted Aug 10, '13 at 5:53am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

anything downloaded by your browser is already on your computer.

Way back when when I was on dial-up still, this is how I'd play some online games yes: Let them load and disconnect. Obviously, this only works so long as the game doesn't need to write anything to your disk. The game will then just crash or at least stall, I think.

In theory, that content should then work so long as you keep your browser cache/temporary internet files whatever intact. I guess if anything, that might take some fiddling around with a bunch of settings to make sure they never get flushed. Also, I've seen it indicated here that these games may sort-of auto-flush, doesn't really surprise me.

But on a per-session basis, it might meet you halfway. So, you could do so every time you want to play. Keep in mind I think many of these games nowadays will regularly want to store some online data, but you'll figure this out soon enough.

Posted Aug 10, '13 at 5:57am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

... But so anyway I reckon Nomad is asking whether these games can be downloaded e.g. at school, then transported on say a USB stick or so.

No, I don't think you're gonna get those temporary files to work elsewhere, or not without quite some ado that's hardly worth it, and then indeed the keepers here might not be very pleased with it :)

Posted Aug 25, '13 at 2:27am

EngiTheViking

EngiTheViking

12 posts

Well, there is not 'kosher' way of doing it.
I know how, but I dont do it, nor will I tell you. If you really want to, you will have to find it yourself.

Posted Aug 26, '13 at 7:21pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,315 posts

Administrator

We'd rather you not download our games, we like you to play them here.  It's helps make a community of players, and it helps fund the website so we can keep making more great games. :)

Posted Dec 27, '13 at 3:46pm

manny1123

manny1123

1 post

I can play most of the games for a while with no problems.Then for some reason the game will stop loading or not allow me into it. What do I do to correct this? I have high speed internet connection.

Reply to Can you download games from this website

You must be logged in to post a reply!