Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

College Football - 2014 Season

Posted Sep 14, '13 at 9:40pm

CalvinKidd137

CalvinKidd137

587 posts

Will 'bama fall to LSU or Auburn or go undefeated now????

Posted Sep 15, '13 at 12:59pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

The new AP Poll is out, with the top five remaining unchanged from last week: Alabama, Oregon, Clemson, Ohio State, and Stanford. ASU and Texas Tech have broken in, while TCU and Nebraska have fallen out following losses.

Personally: If LSU can't be Alabama, and if Stanford can't beat Oregon, I don't think anyone will. But Auburn? Lol

Posted Sep 15, '13 at 9:20pm

Nurvana

Nurvana

2,182 posts

Y'all I just exhaled for the first time since Saturday.

I've never seen such a pathetic effort from Michigan. Not against Appy State, and the team that lost to Toledo just sucked. But we almost ruined our season there. A loss in every respect except the place it matters; the win column. But I am apprehensive going into this UConn game, especially on the road.

Stanford v Oregon is going to be a good game. Alabama does not look overly strong to me; I think LSU and Georgia might be better. TAMU's defense is gonna keep them from being legitimate contenders, though.

Posted Sep 16, '13 at 3:44pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

I think it was more the let down after the ND game then any real problems. Happened to Alabama after the LSU game last year, so you're in good company. But Michigan lost two spots in the polls, so I think that'll serve as sufficient motivation to get back up to par, not to mention the eyes of the entire nation will be on them to see if their near stumble becomes an actual fall.

Alabama looks half-mortal this year compared to teams in years past. But We still don't really know a lot about them: Each side of the ball has had a good showing and a poor showing on the field. Saban is the master of fixing problems in a week, and while Ole Miss does run a spread attack, they really lack the depth to be able to compete with Alabama for four quarters. So LSU is still the best bet to beat Alabama, and if Texas A&M couldn't do it (offensively one of the best teams in the nation, IMO)...

Posted Sep 21, '13 at 3:26am

Nurvana

Nurvana

2,182 posts

Anybody got any picks for the games tomorrow? Nothing really interesting.

LSU creams the kittens from Auburn, GT over UNC (risky), Florida of UT, Notre Dame over MSU (to the tune of 2-0 on a last second rugby goal), Stanford over ASU, and my Wolverines over UConn. Upset of the week, or not really, I'm looking for Idaho State to hang tough w/Washington. BS finish to the ASU/Wisky game aside, I think the PAC-12 is pretty suspect outside the Ducks and Cardinal.

Posted Sep 21, '13 at 9:39am

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

College Gameday Pick (3-0):

NDSU over... Whoever they're playing...

All I know is that this is FCS, a d that NDSU is the Alabama of the FCS, and it's easy to pick winners.

LSU over Auburn
GT over UNC
Stanford over ASU
Florida over UT
MSU over ND

And those are all the ones I even remotely care about. This isn't a very good week for football.

Posted Sep 22, '13 at 1:06am

Nurvana

Nurvana

2,182 posts

I draw this thin blade
Across these blue lines; there is
A trickle of maize

Posted Sep 22, '13 at 9:52am

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

I guess it remains to be seem how far they drop this time. Two back to back poor outings and near upsets leads me to suspect a trend. I feel a drop to the high teens, though it all depends on who lost/won.

Posted Sep 22, '13 at 12:46pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

The new AP Poll is out, with the top five remaining unchanged for the third straight week: Alabama, Oregon, Clemson, OSU, and Stanford.

Posted Sep 22, '13 at 12:56pm

Nurvana

Nurvana

2,182 posts

Nothing much to say about the polls. I thought they might pull something bush-league like ranking ND over UM, but they behaved themselves.

Reply to College Football - 2014 Season

You must be logged in to post a reply!