ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 240865
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I last saw the LEGO Movie. It was ok. The ending was really confusing however.

but Marvel flicks are too huge to be allowed to fail.

Even Daredevil?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Even Daredevil?

I wouldn't say it failed, just that it didn't play out to expectations. Acting was good, the plot structure and action scenes not so. It was also a pretty early Marvel film, I think my words apply more to the recent wave of Marvel shows.
jhonlouie_mendegorin
jhonlouie_mendegorin
24 posts
Blacksmith

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Meh... LOTR is better...

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

OK, maybe it's just me who's falling behind, what with it being a 2009 movie and all, but someone go tell Hollywood first-hand camera perspectives (not to mention "horror" sans the slightest bit of anything even remotely resembling a thrill) are just out.

Oddly enough, I'm currently watching "Home Movie", which is the same camera perspective style, albeit it has nothing to do with anything paranormal.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Just finished, and I must say, it was actually a really good movie. Exceeded my expectations. Not perfect or amazing, but **** fine.

The part I really liked was how it took a page out of Audition's book and focused on the build-up rather than jump right into the 'scares' (of course, it didn't do as fine of a job at the build up like Audition did, but it did a great job nonetheless). I did get worried when it seemed like the movie was going a "demon's in dis house" route but that was shut down with a bit of clever writing.

I'd recommend the movie. My description of it to entice people to watch it would be that it's like Orphan..but better. What was so 'scary' about Orphan was how we believed the girl was actually a little girl..even after the ending the idea was still eerie enough to be fearful.
There is no twist in this movie. They are children. And they are psychotic.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Movie: Savage Planet

My thoughts: Space Bears!
http://i.imgur.com/h8nzdV9.jpg

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I recently watched The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly for the 100th or so time. I love that movie, it's one of the best westerns of all time!

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I just watched Dumb and Dumber as well as Dumb and Dumberer.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I just watched Dumb and Dumber as well as Dumb and Dumberer.

Which one did you think was better? I still cant decide.. xp
Last movie I watched was ghostbusters. I have seen it about 10 times now.
anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

I watched the Incredible Hulk. Been catching up on the marvel cinematic universe cause I didn't see the earlier ones, and it was good. It would have been nice if they had a Hulk 1 and a Hulk 2 though, spread stuff out. Maybe use The Leader for a sequel, but unfortunately Marvel isn't doing that.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Watched MST3K, I mean, rifftrax SW: Ep III last night.

I really should buy some of those.

~~~Darth Caedus

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I too have been catching up on the Marvel series... just watched Captain America and The Avengers tonight. Awesome movies with some nice humor here and there.

Hulk... Smash!! (Hulk grins)

Next up: Iron Man 3! But that's for another evening... =)

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

No Country for Old Men

A film where a good guy finds some dead bad guys money and is then pursued by a psychopathic killer and a world weary county sheriff.

This is a masterful piece of suspense cinema, made tenser by the fact that where the coen brothers are concerned, even if you like a character it doesn't mean they won't be brutally shot without warning.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I watched captain america 2. so much fighting, it gets old about halfway though. still a cool movie though.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

The latest movie that I've watched is Django Unchained (the D is silent). Another bloody darn good Tarantino film.

Showing 151-165 of 587