ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 240884
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I work 45 hours a week, so I don't get much time to do anything. I do however, watch a movie before I sleep. Here is a quick run-down of some that I've watched recently. Ask if you want me to explain my ratings.

Man with the Iron Fists. 5/10
The Bay 4/10
Grave Encounters 7/10
Grave Encounters 2 6/10
Silent Hill: Revelation 6/10
Das Boot: Directer's Cut 10/10
The Beguiled 8/10

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Man with the Iron Fists. 5/10

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this one..due to my having an interest in possibly viewing it.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Ok. So if you don't know, this movie is a homage to old kung fu movies. As such, the combat is the main focus. And there is a lot of it. The problem is that few of the fights are spectacular or memorable. That's a big problem for a film like this.

Then there is the story itself, which can be confusing. The plot is pretty simple, but characters and plot lines are introduced all over the place. A major example of this comes about half-way through the movie when one character gets a lengthy back story. Up to that point the character was minor- or I should say, wasn't obviously the main character. It was forced, and it just interrupted the flow of an already choppy movie. I feel like the movie needed more time to flesh out the other characters, but to be honest, this movie already felt longer than it's 96 minute run-time.

But you know, the movie is fun at it's best. There is plenty of over the top gory combat, awesome costumes, and Russel Crowe. Don't watch it if you don't like kung fu, but it is still worth a watch if you do.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I saw We're The Millers a couple days ago. Possibly the funniest movie I've seen in the theater in years.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

In theatres? Harry Potter: Deathly Hollows... Part One. D:

I ussually watch it on DVD at someone's house. Far cheaper. The last five I've seen:

1) The Hangover
2) Animal House
3) Apocalypto
4) Braveheart
3) The Patriot

(There was a Mel Gibson marathon day at a friend's house)

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

3 movies is hardly a marathon.

a marathon would be.

lethal weapon 1-4
we were soldiers
the patriot
braveheart,
name i can't remember
and if you include ones he directed, apocalypto and if you like, The Passion.

~~~Darth Caedus

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Saw A Serbian Film a couple nights ago.

Was actually a really good movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

3 movies is hardly a marathon

Eight hours at the same person's house, camping on their sofa and eating all their food? Sounds like one to me.
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

Equestria Girls - i say it would be a pass if i'd reviewed it but the flaws were easy to spot first time watching it

tangramfool
tangramfool
128 posts
Peasant

The Birds.

Freaking terrified me.

eunoic
eunoic
50 posts
Nomad

I just saw "Jobs" yesterday! Although the reviews aren't very good for it, and it has Ashton Kutcher playing Steve Jobs, I was pleasantly surprised! Kutcher took me by surprise at the beginning and it took me a while to get used to, but not such a long time that it was uncomfortable or bad. As a college student, I really appreciated the film and it struck a chord with me.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

3rd time "Pacific Rim"... and if another friend ask me if i want to see this movie again, i would have only one answer "Hell yeah!"

Great (who am I kidding? Awesome) action sequences..but the thing is so ridden with clichés and poor logic for me to take it seriously.

-----

College had a "drive in movie" thing with "Now You See Me" playing. Pretty pretty good.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Watched Lockout yesterday. It's just an ok scifi action flick, but it has a couple of great performances in Guy Pierce and Joe Gilgun. It's worth a watch if you have Netflix, but I would suggest watching Dredd if you are in need of some scifi action.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I watched Unfaithfully Yours a couple nights ago. It's kind of old but so funny.
I forgot how much I used to drool over Nastassja Kinski.
My favorite part is the violin duet that turns into a duel.
Click the link and you'll see part of it.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

From the Really Really Awful Crap You Don't Need To See dept.: 10.5 Apocalypse.

Goodness grief. Apparently some officials even went to the lengths of debunking the first TV mini-series instalment, kind of fun, c/o W'edia: http://web.archive.org/web/20090505125613/http://www.earthquakecountry.info/10.5/ .

Showing 16-30 of 587