ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 241453
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Just watched Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. Despite the fact that I haven't watched any of the Mission Impossible movies, it was a pretty fun action movie.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

The Search for General Tso
If you like Chinese food, or what is actually Chinese-American food, this documentary may make you hungry. It explores the origins of General Tso's chicken and how the famous dish made its way to the United States in the 20th century. One of the better food documentaries out there.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

My most recent movie was the original Night of the Living Dead (1968). It's a real five star classic that everyone should see at some point in their life.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Inside Out. While it has some interesting ideas, ultimately it's rather slight and forgettable.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Prisoners; it's a movie about a guy who's kid gets kidnapped. In return he kidnapps and tortures the suspect who turns out to be innocent. The father then ends up getting kidnapped by the suspect's aunt and put in a hole in the ground. The end.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Ant-Man, seriously. I swear, the only reason they made the movie was to make toys. I was so disappointed, people gave it good reviews, but I realized it was only because Adam Sandler could have replaced Paul Rudd.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Legends of the Fall.
It's an emotionally overblown flick where everyone either dies a violent death or has their WTL smashed to pieces.

Witigen
Witigen
306 posts
Scribe

I just saw John Wick and it was pretty great. Keanu Reeves was really engaging as a deadly assassin and the dog was so cute and adorable, so it was a real tearjerker when he/she died. I also thought the action scenes were good, too. They were really smooth and easy to follow, but still very entertaining.
John Wick: B

I also saw Ong-Bak and it was better than John Wick. The action scenes were entertaining, but there wasn't a lot of character development, and I wanted to get to know a little more about the main character. A good martial arts film, but I root for The Raid.
Ong-Bak: B

The last movie I saw in theaters was Ant-Man in 3D. It was a funny and enticing entry into the MCU that had plenty of humor, great special effects (especially in 3D) and a fight IN A BRIEFCASE. However, a generic psycho villain and the filler with Scott and Hope's relationship are just some of the flaws in this summer flick. But worth going to the theater for, and man, that CGI de-aged Michael Douglas.
Ant-Man in 3D: B+

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I just saw John Wick and it was pretty great.

No offensive but you must be a poster boy for the world's simpletons.
John Wick is most effing stupid, plotless, pointless, poorly acted movie since Dodgeball: An Underdog True Story.
I swear to God in heaven that I laughed out loud during some scenes because the acting was so bad. Saying that John Wick is a good action movie is like saying that Saw is a good comedy movie

Keanu Reeves was really engaging

Keanu Reeves is living, breathing, walking, proof that someone can completely suck at something (acting in this case) yet achieve stellar success. I feel half giddy and half naush.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Keanu Reeves is living, breathing, walking, proof that someone can completely suck at something (acting in this case) yet achieve stellar success.

Keanu Reeves isn't a good actor at all, but his inability to play emotions often works to his advantage when playing cold, emotionless characters. He still hasn't played a character that has topped role his in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, but he plays an idiot in that one so that might never happen.

Miraidematro
Miraidematro
738 posts
Blacksmith

I just saw terminator: genisys and the fantastic 4 reboot.
Both were good flicks in my opinion, but I favored the terminator movie.

IMO the origional fantastic 4 movie is better than this reboot, though it still stands great on it's own.

Witigen
Witigen
306 posts
Scribe

Both were good flicks in my opinion, but I favored the terminator movie.

That's funny because according to Rotten Tomatoes, they are both absolutely terrible.
Terminator Genisys: 27%
Fant4stic: 10%

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Keanu Reeves is living, breathing, walking, proof that someone can completely suck at something (acting in this case) yet achieve stellar success. I feel half giddy and half naush.

@SportShark there are worse actors, like said, he plays heartless roles well. Trust me, you exaggerate his inability to display human emotions on the big screen. One example of a big movie with a terrible actor as the main role would be Star Wars: Episode II & III. Now that was cringy as hell.

Miraidematro
Miraidematro
738 posts
Blacksmith

That's funny because according to Rotten Tomatoes, they are both absolutely terrible.

I don't see how my opinion being different is funny. ?

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

I haven't seen the new F4 reboot, but I did just see an interview excerpt where the black actor that plays Johnny Storm said that they wanted to be true to the original comic. Ladies and gentlemen, BEHOLD. This is the true definition of irony.

I'm rewatching The Avengers on tv right now. The novelty of watching it theaters the first time really downplayed just how bad the chemistry is between some of these actors. At least Hulk is actually enjoyable in it, which is more than can be said of any of his solo movies.

Showing 376-390 of 587