ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 241461
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Halloween at the theaters. Pretty entertaining addition to the franchise.

velicankivrak
velicankivrak
24 posts
Blacksmith

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation it was good enough 3 out a 5 points.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Saw Venom with a friend tonight and... it's a movie...

Despite what some reviews are saying; I actually thought it was a pretty decent movie. Not the best but definitely not the worst.

That was the last movie I've seen at the cinema. I quite enjoyed it, to be fair. But I can see why others wouldn't. You kind of have to embrace its edgy side while simultaneously not taking it seriously. If you can do that, you'll have a good time.

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation it was good enough 3 out a 5 points.

- Personal opinion warning -
Stultification: The Movie 3. I guess they work as temporary distraction, but I'd rather be looking out of my window for an hour.
Greg7077
Greg7077
824 posts
Jester

Beasts of No Nation - Realistic and heartbreaking (on netflix)

Kanuck_Lavinator
Kanuck_Lavinator
15 posts
Peasant

Avengers Endgame...roller coaster emotions, epic battles, great character development from Cap

Jeffrywilliams
Jeffrywilliams
2 posts
Nomad

Thank you

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Last Saturday I watched the Ted Bundy movie, formally known as Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. I remember hearing controversies about this movie last year, but never really watched it because I didn't and still don't have Netflix. Fast-forward to last Saturday and a good friend of mine invited me to her college dorm and we watched the movie. I thought the movie was really good and was really interesting to watch. I'm really not too sure what that controversy was about, but I suppose everything is going to be controversial these days.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I had read the 'Ready Player One' book when it came out, and a few days ago I finally watched the 2018 movie based on it. It's a fun watch and a decent adaptation. Now that I'm re-reading the book afterwards I obviously notice the tricks it pulled to convert the story into movie format, but they kept the gist of the story true to original (the changes they made felt natural to me) while also making a film that can be watched independently of its source material. It's full of pop culture references mostly from the 80s (the movie added one or two more recent ones), but - in my opinion - you don't need to be an uber geek to understand and appreciate the underlying story, as it doesn't hinge on getting all the references. It is definitely more fun if you do, though

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Kind of half watched Onward with my daughter the other day, pretty entertaining and action filled. I basically watch 95% animated movies haha.

lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

I watched Midsommar. I don't want to spoil it but I also wouldn't recommend it. On the small chance that any of you would watch it, I won't spoil it. But, it's super weird and not in a good way. I think the cinematography is fantastic though lol

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Threw it back with Fun With [censored] and Jane this past Tuesday. Still hilarious, I love Jim Carrey.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Been on a Back to the Future kick since I've never watched them. So far this week we've seen the first 2, watching the 3rd tomorrow. Interesting to see what they thought our future was supposed to be like haha!

NikkixMirrai
NikkixMirrai
2 posts
Nomad

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
It's a great movie and it features Jim Carrey in a serious role, I didn't know if I was going to be disappointed or not but it was surprisingly good. It really touches the subject of trying to let go of someone who you treasured, at first you see the bad but then when you see past that, you realize how good you were with them. Kinda bad at explaining but it was very emotional for me

Birdkeeper
Birdkeeper
2 posts
Nomad

I saw Percy Jackson, good movie !

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness! Awesome movie.

Showing 571-585 of 587