ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 240858
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

The anime classic Akira. If you can handle the relentlessness of the violence, action, and weirdness (I actually liked how none-stop it was), you'll thoroughly enjoy it, especially the art and cinematography.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Pineapple Express. Hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing the whole time.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I just came back from watching Into The Woods. It was so bad, it was hilarious.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I've watched at least one movie every day since mid-November. Today I watched The Hungover Games and The Starving Games (hunger games parodies). The first one was pretty good considering itis a parody movie. The latter was a waste of time.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I just watched American Sniper. It was amazing. Good story telling of a legendary soldier.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Gosh, I'd say the last movie I watched was Scary Movie. It was hysterical.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I just saw the third Hobbit movie recently. Bit too long, has some fun moments and epic views, but having read the book, I spent most of the time mentally ranting about all those unnecessary Hollywoodian adaptations.

I just watched American Sniper. It was amazing. Good story telling of a legendary soldier.

@SirLegendary Haven't seen the movie myself, but I have just read an interesting critique, I can only recommend it to you. It appears the movie has more depth than I judged from the feedback of other people who'd seen it.
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@HahiHa If you've watched it, a critical thinker would have seen what was said in the article. Though it isn't obvious that evil lay within the character (because of course the movie would try to avoid it as much as possible), you can actually tell. *SPOILERS AHEAD*

He was a drunk.
He tried to kill his dog.
He didn't want to be sniping in a point in the movie, he wanted to lead teams and be on the front lines even though he was better off a sniper.

Just my point. But, nevertheless, a great movie.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

Latest movie I watched is ,,Ocean's eleven"...

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

50/50

Sad movie. It was really nice.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

Just watched ,,Jobs" - film about Steve Jobs

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Few days ago I watched The Great Gatsby, which I enjoyed, and then went to see American Sniper in the theatre. The people I was with really seemed to enjoy it, but I didn't. It's almost more of a documentary than a movie, and the whole thing was predictable and kinda boring. However, I do prefer to watch movies for entertainment rather than for a deeper meaning type thing like it was.

The next day I saw The Watch, a scifi comedy with Jonah Hill and some other well known actors. Not the best comedy I've seen of course, but it wasn't bad. I also saw The Art of The Steal, a crime comedy. It's Canadian made so I wasn't expecting much anyway.

Yesterday I went for three: Argo, Looper, and The Dictator. Argo (historical thriller) was probably my favourite of the movies in this post, but if you see it, I recommend reading up on the actual story afterwards, as they change a number of aspects for Hollywood. Looper (scifi) was good until the ending which I found very disappointing. They also changed their method of how time travel works in different parts of the film. Finally I saw The Dictator (comedy) which was the only Sacha Baron Cohen film I wanted to see. It was good enough that I plan to see Borat soon.

I watched Bruno today, the 3rd of his 4 films. Not nearly as good as The Dictator but still worthwhile if you've seen all the good comedies out there.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I just watched Mortdecai. Needless to say, it was hilariously bad.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Love Rosie, had to watch it with someone

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

@Darkfire45 Is still it worth watching?

Showing 256-270 of 587