ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

590 55082
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,188 posts
Blacksmith

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 590 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,315 posts
Marquis

Batman V Superman.

It really is for the fans.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,564 posts
Farmer

Batman V Superman and I have SO much to rant about so get ready for the wall of text. The first hour of the film is just a compilation of random dream sequences, random scenes from the future and overall confusing scenes. If you make it through that hodgepodge of terrible scenes you get to see Jesse Eisenberg as... Lex Luthor! Jesse Eisenberg is a good actor in the right role but Lex Luthor is not that role. Lex Luthor who is a serious person, is played as a stuttering person who is the opposite of serious. If you make it through that you can finally see batman and superman fight... for 8 minutes. After that the movie throws in doomsday for no reason making superman, batman and wonder woman team up to try and destroy him. After a nuke is fired at superman and doomsday in the air. It actually DAZES superman, which is insane he is so underpowered in this movie. Doomsday then plummets from the sky destroying an entire city, luckily it happens to be uninhabited, so convenient.

The next part of this contains spoilers.

In the end there is a kryptonite spear that superman stabs doomsday with killing both of them. But wonder woman could of grabbed the spear! Or superman could of flown into the sun, which grants him temporary invincibility to kryptonite, and then used the spear!

No more spoilers.

All in all I do not recommend you sit through that mess of a film and DC have fun trying to revive superman for the justice league movie.

shafaet
shafaet
481 posts
Jester

The last movie I watched wasn't really a movie that's new but it was "Insidious 3", heck that movie is super scary I gotta agree!

SportShark
SportShark
2,934 posts
Bard

My last movie: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1973). A good old classic with the appropriate amount of jump scares raw horror elements. I like this movie because it's thoroughly distressing and engaging but not drawn out for too long or excessively gory. 9/10

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,315 posts
Marquis

Just finished watching Spotlight for the second time. It was the best. I can't imagine that a movie just about the news could be so interesting. But I guess you could say it's more than that.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,368 posts
Constable

So I finally got around to watching Batman vs Superman and I have say it was a complete mess. Whilst the film was decent at best, the plot was somewhat all over the place. Oh and Lois Lane is still mostly useless and is constantly used as a device for Superman to appear.

Anyway, Lex Luther was weird. Crazy weird. No sense of seriousness and when he is serious, it's a little off. Batman however was actually quite good although a certain confrontation which involves Martha felt a little weird. No comment about Superman though.

Of course in terms of effects, it was brilliant although there was the annoying overuse of bright effects with Doomsday. Music was nice but nothing really stood out. Ending was eh. A setup for Justice League which felt a little forced and serves as a bit of a sequel bait.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,315 posts
Marquis

Just watched Captain America: Civil War. It was just way better than Batman V Superman. Hands down, one of the best, if not the best Marvel movie.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,368 posts
Constable

Also just came back from Captain America: Civil War. Can confirm that it's better than Batman vs Superman. Won't say much but I can say that Spiderman was one of the best parts of the movie.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
12,207 posts
Viceroy

Captain America: Civil War. As expected... terrific

(and yes, way better then Batman vs. Superman...)

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
791 posts
Peasant

Boogie Nights, I thought it was great.

SportShark
SportShark
2,934 posts
Bard

Recently, House Of 1000 Corpses. If you're planning to watch it, keep in mind that it's a Rob Zombie film, which is OK if you don't mind a low budget horror movie rife with recycled horror elements and the normal infusion of sexual deviancy that's so predictable that it borders on mundane. One could call it cheesy, but I would prefer the term quasi-deviant. Why not completely deviant, one might ask? Why? because the "deviancy" in House Of 1000 Corpses far too closely parallels the realm of carnie horror and Beatlegeuse-esque provocitivity (albeit at the R rated level). This in my honest opinion is the film's shortcomings. I would expect that most would give it a rather low rating, probably somewhere around 4/10. So don't mind me when I say that I'm giving it a surprising 6/10. That might tell you something about me. 😂

Doombreed
Doombreed
6,809 posts
Justiciar

Zootopia...I've been meaning to watch this one a long time Just...great! Seriously, Disney definitely surprised me with this one. With all the references to real life, the great jokes (children won't get some of them though. All the better It means everyone will enjoy this) and the animal stereotypes beautifully blended together to create this emotional and exciting film. The story and the masterfully created fictional world depicted in the movie is bound to get to you. This is possibly in the top 3 Disney films of all time (yeah, of course nothing beats Finding Nemo xD).

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,368 posts
Constable

Just finished watching X-Men: Apocalypse and I will say it was a decent movie. Although it was spectacular effects wise, some of the characters seen felt like wasted potential. Quicksilver did shine in this movie though although a reveal about him felt a little weird. The humour was sporadic and despite being a little out of place did make me laugh. I also like a certain cameo that a character makes during the movie.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
12,207 posts
Viceroy

Finaly... DC is able to make a good movie, Suicide Sqaud.

Nothing fabulous, but good, really good... and way better than this "Batman vs. Superman"-disappointment

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,315 posts
Marquis

@UnleashedUponMankind

You thought it was a good movie? I thought it was pretty cheesy

Showing 526-540 of 590