ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 240849
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Gravity

I'd been thinking could be something I wouldn't mind seeing. Whether I'll hit the cinema for it is another thing, but...
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

The most recent movie I saw was 'Riddick'. It was alright I suppose, but I kind of expected more from the movie that was a follow-up to 'The Chronicles of Riddick'. The entire "Hey, you've lived up to some crazy predestined fate and now you are the leader of the Necromongers." premise was the direction I was sure they were going to take.
Instead, you just get a vague explanation of "Well, they usurped my throne and dumped me on this planet" to connect the two movies. Without that connection, it could just of as easily taken place anytime before the events of 'The Chronicles of Riddick'.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Bad Grandpa.

Hilarious movie that had me laughing through it all.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Riddick

LOL. Reading its blurb, I was thinking isn't it a little early to do a remake. Until it sunk in it isn't

I'll happily catch it on TV, though. Ah, good ol' Vin ;-P
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Just watched I, Robot today... I'm a little behind so what. I thought it was pretty good...

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I, Robot.... Hmmm, it's been a while, would have to rewatch it to comment.

A friend took me to see Malavita (aka The Family). Not exactly much substance, but, Luc Besson, De Niro, Tommy Lee Jones, and generally a great cast, funny to hilarious, fine script and ditto cinematography, good clean violence (nouvelle violence I guess) -- bring it on

I've known worse ways to spend a night. Then on TV of late: Saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button again. A wondrous and moving movie, to me.

There Will Be Blood was on but I couldn't finish it. Must have seen bits of it before; Daniel Day-Lewis doing a great job.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Gravity or Thor II. I can't remember. Both were great fun. Not really for Sandra though, hehe...

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Hunger Games Catching Fire.
Saw it yesterday, and I liked it. Haven't read the books, but I thought the pacing was a bit fast. The actual games barely lasted for half the movie.

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

Thor: The Dark World.
Really improved from the first one.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Yesterday was my comedy day:
Beavis and Butthead Do America
The Simpsons
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
Seth MacFarlane's Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy

Now I'm hoping to see Catching Fire soon.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Just saw The Book Thief

Great book, great movie

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

On TV, Lars von Trier's Melancholia.

Had great expectations; couldn't figure out what the heck all the hullabaloo had been about.

Not recommended. The lengthy over-the-top intro has some added comic value, but entirely unintentional, one suspects. The long-foreboded ending meanwhile is so anti-climactic as to make you wonder why you just sat through all that. As for the cast and their behavior's bearing on it all, right, don't ask me.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

On TV yesterday, Burn After Reading, the Coen brothers, 2008.

Funny, clever, no less than expected with directors and a cast like that. Loved the end scene. Ah, plus that shooting sequence, LOL

I used to be a fan, but then sort of lost track of them, ever say after O Brother (perhaps less due to them, but more to the way the movie theater business has developed, as well as my financial state ;-P ). Glad to see I still am

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Star Trek: Into the Darkness in a couple of minutes....hopefully it's as good as the first film; I liked the mash-up of retro nostalgia with contemporary sparkling CGI.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I went to see Frozen with my little cousins. They were singing the songs for the next week
I thought it was very predictable.... The parents die, the bad loses the good wins.

and Many more things that I can't share
~~Black~~

Showing 46-60 of 587