ForumsThe TavernMartians may exist/have existed/will exist!

23 4710
madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

Ok, i saw this link on my MSN homepage and clicked on, discovering an article that describes how a NASA mission to Mars (robot, not humans) discovered how the matrian soil has a low acidicy level and is extremely close in composision to Earth's soil. They also discovered water! This is a key essential to life. After spoting melting ice, water samples prove to have some similarities to Earth's water. What do you think, do you think that life could have existed or does exist on this martian planet? State your views.

For more info, copy and paste this URL to the article:

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/idUSN2634952620080627?feedType=RSS&feedName=scienceNews

• 23 Replies
homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

Key word, appeared to be suitable for life, and more tests will be done to try and prove it.

Who knows, that would be neat if life on Mars were possible, but personally I'll just stick with Earth, thank you.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Well it is probably true, but i don't believe that they will know anytime soon.

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

o yeah, i should explain that, just because it could be suitable for life doesn't necessarily mean that it actually supported life in the past. idk, im in the middle of believing/not believing, could go either way

Soho
Soho
131 posts
Nomad

I'll go with homegrove. I still would prefer to live on Earth. Home sweet Home. I think that life used to exist on mars.

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

I agree with homegrove, I would just stay here on earth.

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

well, this isnt about where u want to live, its about whether u believe there is a possibility of life on other planets or not. carry on...

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

don't and will never!

stumpyyy
stumpyyy
173 posts
Nomad

Im pretty sure that they do exist, and there will be more in the future.

Virtigo
Virtigo
50 posts
Nomad

yea, they said that there could have been life on mars, not that there IS life on mars. big difference. But some scientists say we should start trying to make mars habitable now, just in case something happens to earth in the future, like global warming and all the other things that could go wrong. Would be nice to have a "backup planet" I guess. :P

Zicter
Zicter
58 posts
Nomad

There could be life on Mars in the future but I think it'll just be plantlife

parkermb68
parkermb68
323 posts
Nomad

Evolutionist much? There MIGHT HAVE BEEN WATER on Mars, but no Extra-Terrestrial beings. Ever. Thats why they're thinking about building the Bio-Dome. Which I can't wait until they get started on that, play golf on Mars.

Silver333
Silver333
208 posts
Nomad

Here is my view on the subject of aliens. Perhaps not so much on mars, but rather everywhere.

Look at it this way. We know that the sun is a star. We are just far enough to have the right warmth for OUR bodies, and WE have to have water. This does not mean that every living thing has to live in our planets temperature, nor does it mean they need water. Not go and imagine a starry sky, without the lights of the big city. Each one of those stars is a sun, each with their own possible galaxy. Simply because we can not reach the species that may live their, does NOT mean that they do not exist. Far away their may be a species much like our own, simply living in another galaxy, having this exact same topic of discussion.

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

Recently scientists have actually found planets in other galaxies that are in the radius of the central star that could make it habitable.

@ parkermb68

if you read the article, it says they found MELTING ICE that WAS WATER. wow, idiot much?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I can almost guarantee that there is life outside of our tiny little planet, in our tiny little solar system which is one of millions of little solar systems in our galaxy and our galaxy is one of billions (probably more) galaxies in the universe. Then we don't know if we actually live in multiverse.

My point is that's an awful waste of space if we are alone.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Yes, I agree with Asherlee. I mean, there is so much we have not yet discovered. All that space means there must be more species.

Showing 1-15 of 23