Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Armor Games app?

Posted Aug 6, '13 at 6:37pm

jsalmeron

jsalmeron

128 posts

I think there should be a mobile app for AG, just for posting things or editing profiles or something along those lines.

Posted Aug 6, '13 at 6:44pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

It'd be a pretty cool gadget, but I don't know if it would be a good investment. I mean, most people come here to play games. You can't play Flash on mobile so it would probably be a better idea for AG to stick to developing mobile games.

Posted Aug 7, '13 at 10:43am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,937 posts

Not to mention the lack of people who would actually get an app like that, seeing as it's use is impractical and useless in terms of what it can do.
And I highly doubt that you need to edit your profile or post on the go, especially with the low traffic in terms of forum posts.
And then there's the effort and money needed to make a functioning app compatible with Android/iOS cellphones, which, if it wasn't obvious already, is a worthless app to begin with.

Posted Aug 7, '13 at 6:41pm

CalvinKidd137

CalvinKidd137

908 posts

I had an idea like this 2 years ago, but I was more focused on using the app for posting in the forums. It got shot down pretty quickly

Posted Aug 9, '13 at 6:32pm

jsalmeron

jsalmeron

128 posts

Yes, but for those people that are really involved in the forums, or people that dont play flash games.

Posted Aug 10, '13 at 4:33am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,937 posts

And you can't do this from your computer because...? And do people really not play flash games on a flash game hosting site? That's news to me.
And it still wouldn't be beneficial, look at it from their point of view. I already mentioned the sheer amount of work needed to create an app for multiple platforms, just to create something that allows ease of access on armor games forums and your profile, which by the way isn't what armor games is for if you missed the name of the site, and not only that, emphasis on only, think of how many people would really use this app (on a day to day basis), or how many people would really need it. There's not a lot of people on the forums as it is, an app would be useless.
I didn't even touch the subject of money, and the amount they would lose from creating a worthless app, and creating an app that doesn't even include their games, which is where they get their money from, why people come to this site.

And let's even say, hypothetically, the app is a surprising success, people like the forums and editing of profiles, whatever. The amount of revenue they would get is far less then if people actually visited this site, and with the exclusion of games, armor games would have no reason to continue publishing them on this site. That, and the amount of people who would switch from this site to the app would also be catastrophic, because it's 'better'. That means that people would only come for the app, which doesn't include games, and therefore would ruin the armor games site in the long run. It would become armor forums, or something, a social site/app that does everything other social sites do, except not as good.

This is hypothetical, of course, in reality, less then 1% of people from the armor games (active) community would get the app, which would prove to be a waste of time, effort and money for something that doesn't even bring any noticeable profit.

I'm pretty sure there are more reasons this would be a terrible idea, but I had my fun, let's leave it at that.

Posted Aug 10, '13 at 7:13pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

5,476 posts

just for posting things or editing profiles or something along those lines.

You can already do that by using Safari on iOS. And phones don't have flash so there really is no need for an AG app IMO.

Posted Aug 15, '13 at 8:25am

devansh_asthana

devansh_asthana

442 posts

We need it.

Posted Aug 15, '13 at 10:44am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

5,476 posts

We need it.

Your reason exactly? I'm pretty sure it isn't something we need. I already reasoned a bit ^^

Posted Aug 17, '13 at 12:20am

peace_peach124

peace_peach124

1 post

Um, as cool as it sounds it would be hard work for the people to work on it. Truthfully i wouldn't die without it and i wouldn't care if it's available... And the computer is a fine enough place to play games.

Reply to Armor Games app?

You must be logged in to post a reply!