ForumsThe TavernAG Football Competion

354 74265
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Ok so this is the official forum for the football competion. All of the news and other updates will be posted here. Please check this weekly. We still have 2 spots remaining. If you have a friend that likes football ask them to message me. For those random people who are reading this if you like football or have a random friend who likes football tell them to come to me. Remember this is NFL not College Football.

Rules:

Ok rules are really simple. We will do a draft. Everyone will get 3 teams. Everytime that team wins, you get a point. In the result of a tie both teams will earn a point.

Draft

I will write the names down on a paper. I will one at a time pull the names out of a hat. That person will draft last at the end of the first round. The next name I pull out will draft second to last and so on. After we pull out the order we will double up meaning the last person of the first round will go first and the second to last will go second and so on. For the third and final round we will repeat the first round.

Trades

You and any other person are allowed to make a trade. You can trade teams, points, and draft picks. The only rule is each person must have 3 draft picks at the end of the trade whether you're trading picks or not. You must either post on my page or in this forum.

Playoff Points

Next up; playoff points. Each team who makes the playoffs gets 1 point. Winning the wild card round or getting a bye during the Wild Card round gets you two points. Winning the Divisional round gets you 3 points. Winning the Conference round gets you 4 points. Superbowl points are unknown yet. We will take a vote about it later in the season.

Ok I think that's it. If anyone has a question just post here or on my profile. For the people in the competion please comment so I know when I can post more updates. Draft order will be decided after enough people respond. Thanks guys.

• 354 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Naw. Not 12. Maybe 10 or something.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Sorry guys. Things keep coming up.

Pick 1: xXxDARPO89xXx- 49ers
Pick 2: daleks- Seahawks
Pick 3: superbobdabest- Broncos
Pick 4: vinster132- Packers
Pick 5: Calvinkidd137- Cardnials
Pick 6 :Patrick2011- Browns
Pick 7: killersup10- Eagles
Pick 8: xeano321- Patriots
Pick 9: Bronze- Falcons
Pick 10: Bronze- Ravens
Pick 11: xeano32- Dolphins
Pick 12: killersup10- Giants
Pick 13 :Patrick2011- Redskins
Pick 14: Calvinkidd137- Saints
Pick 15: vinster132- Bengals
Pick 16: superbobdabest- Texans
Pick 17: daleks- Colts
Pick 18: xXxDARPO89xXx- Vikings
Pick 19: xXxDARPO89xXx- Lions
Pick 20: daleks- Cowboys
Pick 21: superbobdabest- Steelers
Pick 22: vinster132- Cheifs
Pick 23: Calvinkidd137- Bears
Pick 24: Patrick2011- Rams
Pick 25: killersup10- Chargers
Pick 26: xeano321- Buccaneers
Pick 27: Bronze- Jets

Ok and thats the draft. I you don't like your teams you can trade them for either the Carolina Panthers, Oakland Raiders, Tennessee Titans, Buffalo Bills, or the Jacksonville Jaguars. If I have time this week (and we all know how thats been) I will post how the weekly updates will be.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

The draft will go as so.

WEEK 1

xXxDARPO89xXx-0 total points
49ers-0 points
Vikings-0 points
Lions-0 points

daleks-0 total points
Seahawks-0 points
Colts-0 points
Cowboys-0 points

superbobdabest-0 total points
Broncos-0 points
Texans-0 points
Steelers-0 points

vinster132-0 total points
Packers-0 points
Bengals-0 points
Cheifs-0 points

Calvinkidd137-0 total points
Cardnials-0 points
Saints-0 points
Bears-0 points

Patrick2011-0 total points
Browns-0 points
Redskins-0 points
Rams-0 points

killersup10-0 total points
Eagles-0 points
Giants-0 points
Chargers-0 points

xeano321-0 total points
Patriots-0 points
Dolphins-0 points
Buccaneers-0 points

Bronze-0 total points
Falcons-0 points
Ravens-0 points
Jets-0 points

STANDINGS:
1. xXxDARPO89xXx-0 points
1. daleks-0 points
1. superbobdabest-0 points
1. vinster132-0 points
1. Calvinkidd137-0 points
1. Patrick2011-0 points
1. killersup10-0 points
1. xeano321-0 points
1. Bronze-0 points

NEWS:

Trades and other notable NFL or AG news will be posted here.

So thats how the scores will be posted weekly. I double check the scores, but sometimes I will make a mistake. If I do please notify me instantly. And last, but not least if there is anyone out there that could help me out and post the scores if I can not do it. You will only post when I notify you though. If there is any questions do not hesitate to ask.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I am feeling good about my teams. The only one I am worried about is the Cowboys, but I feel like I have a good 3 teams. I could always trade the Cowboys if I feel like it.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I think I have okay teams. Packers will definitely deliver this season. Bengals are up and down but I expect a 10-6 or 9-7 season. And Chiefs, I don't have very high expectations for them considering the fact that they are starting fresh. Hopefully they can pull in 8 wins.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

My picks are fairly well balanced I would say. Patriots are going to pull in 10+ wins easy... I think I messed up picking the Dolphins, because the Patriots are in the same division, thus making me lose the possibility of all three teams winning in a week....

Buccaneers are on the upswing. I consider them to possibly challenge the Falcons for control of the division with their completely revamped secondary. They look fairly good right now.

Dolphins are up for trade! Anyone who has a fairly comparable team, let me know.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Dolphins are up for trade! Anyone who has a fairly comparable team, let me know.

I am waiting until Monday. Need to see how the teams come out. After seeing I might be willing to trade the Cowboys. Just making sure you know that might be an option.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

hehe, daleks picked the cowboys...hehe. Everyone point and make fun of him.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

hehe, daleks picked the cowboys...hehe. Everyone point and make fun of him.

Says the guy who picked the Eagles.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

o snap lok at xeano wit da tras talkin man tings r allready startin man

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Cowboys are the strongest in their division I think. Eagles will do better than last year, but I think they are in a rebuild season. Watch out for them next year though!

Congrats to superbob for getting the first point of the 2013-2014 season. I was afraid the Broncos would lose. I went to sleep after the first half.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Says the guy who picked the Eagles.

Sh*t just got real.

Congrats to superbob for getting the first point of the 2013-2014 season. I was afraid the Broncos would lose. I went to sleep after the first half.

Thanks dude. 7 TDs is a shines a light for 12 to 13 wins. They will lose a game mid-late season and then throw the last two for player rest.

I feel great about my picks. As I said 13 to 14 wins for Broncos as long as our offense stays healthy.
Texans I'm surprised I got them so late. As a Texans fan I might over rate this but I think we have a chance for at least 12 wins. Health issues can drop that number to 8 but I feel we won't disappoint.
Steelers were a wild card to me. It was a tough one trying to pick them between them and the Chiefs. I knew they had a chance to win the division or get a wild card but I also knew they could have a bad season and win like 5 games.

Maybe I might take one of those Dolphins or Cowboys trade but it wont be till the end of this week or maybe even next week.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I am waiting until Monday. Need to see how the teams come out. After seeing I might be willing to trade the Cowboys. Just making sure you know that might be an option.

You get first priority Daleks. Dolphins are a good team, I just feel I might be cheating myself since them and the Patriots play twice this year, and that leaves me only chance for one point.

Hey Superbob, what do we get if one of the teams we picked tie with another? How does the scoring system work with that? (Very rare, I know, but it may happen.)
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Man, I want the 49ers to win but at the same time thanks to this competition, I want the Packers to win too. So far, the Bengals have lost for me and the Chiefs won. I might trade the Bengals for the Bills or Raiders. I like EJ Manuel and after that close game against the Patriots. And Terelle Pryor looked pretty good too. I thought that the Colts were going to annihilate them but I guess not. I'm going to wait and see if both QBs can play at a consistently level.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Do we get one point for each win?
*fingers crossed the 49ers win*

Showing 76-90 of 354