ForumsArt, Music, and WritingGFX Art Battles

1176 240634
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Hello armor gamers, and welcome to the *official* GFX Battle thread!

GFX is short for Graphics, this thread was made so that other members can partake in art contests. Here is how it will work:

I) A moderator will choose a theme and a finishing date.
II) Members who choose to partake in this event will make make artwork that fits the chosen theme.
III) After the contest is over, a moderator/moderators will overlook all submissions and choose a winner.
IX) The winner will be granted 25 Armor Points

Everyone can partake in this event no matter what programs they have, or do not have. Some may have nothing but MSpaint. That is ok! Remember that all submissions will be reviewed. Everyone has an even chance for winning.

*GUIDELINES*
I) Stick to the theme given
II) Posts in this thread must be related to the event.
III) The maximum size for a submission is 600x600, i recommend trying to make all submissions at 450x200.
IX) All entries must be in before the given date.
X) All images used in an images must not be copyrighted! If a submission is indeed copyrighted, it will be rejected, and the submitter will have to face moderation :P

Let the battles begin :P

• 1,176 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I think it can be a bit bigger than the 600 pixels in width without being cut off (not much, but still) and it can definitely be a lot higher. But glad to get that clarified, thank you.

Yea, I think that rule is mostly in place because of the max size of the forum posts. So that everything doesn't get cut off.

We have had many submissions larger than that size. You just have to link to them externally.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I think it can be a bit bigger than the 600 pixels in width without being cut off (not much, but still) and it can definitely be a lot higher. But glad to get that clarified, thank you.

And thanks for the 'looks awesome so far' too! ^^

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Good to know.

Hmm, I have spare time atm, I think I'll go through this thread and collect information about who have won... To get that winners list started.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

People had questions so I'll answer them:

Hey, Strop, I'm going to ask you this once and for all.

Where do you get all your ideas? Because I barely have any, like fst6.

Something just pops into my head and I go DING! In this case this image sprang into my mind...it didn't exactly look like this but the theme was the same. Maybe that's because I've always wanted to draw something like this but never actually tried. Then I started remembering all these really cool ideas from other places which I've referenced. In a brief list, they are: Terminator, The Matrix, some concept art from Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Neon Genesis Evangelion, among other things) and some of the random equipment you can find in a surgical theatre. I've actually incorporated medically significant anatomical markings into the picture (you'll see what I mean in the fullsize version), which adds a great deal of complexity.

In short, ideas come from exposure. But ultimately from curiosity.

and i have a question for strop about his "skizzilz".
did you use flash for your animated sig with the karate bunny, or some other program?

I actually hand-drew every frame in the GIMP and saved it as a .gif. I haven't installed flash yet so I don't know how it works.

How many contests has he won? xD

Ouch! xD

Klaus has come very close several times, in a way he's unlucky in that his stuff is consistently full of win but is often overlooked.
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

i have a question too.
i wanted to draw something like a field.
can you help me?
i wanted something like a field with long grasses,in fact almost half the picture filled with grasses,but i dun know how to

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I'm not sure what you're asking, could you rephrase it and post in the Tutorials thread?

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

nvm,i dunno how to explain
do you have any good tutorials for me to use?
i'll need some good tutorials on doing back grounds and drawings

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

oh yes,and colouring and maybe layers.lol

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Thats a pretty clever way of depicting technology. Well done.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

huh thats pretty clever actually. It would be quite hard to draw though. I am currently working on my entry with MS. I hope it goes down well.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I am in the same boat. No scanner not the grandparents thing. I like MS though. It is easy to use and if you get the hang of it you can make reasonably good work.

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

hello, here is my entry for the contest.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc199/jpx111/thenewage2.png

Planet Render Link:
http://www.planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-18882

Render Image:
Starscream from the movie Transformers

I know its pretty crappy...but give me a break...i haven't used Photoshop for months...hope you guys like it

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

i'm sorry you cant see the image on the forums.. i amint good with the codes and whanot :P

please copy and paste the link into your browser...

SteelersFan735
SteelersFan735
112 posts
Nomad

i have a question are we alowed to draw a game system thats real or no?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I believe we are allowed to draw a real game system. As long as you don't steal copyrighted images and just add effects.
Logos may not be taken from images but it's allowed to draw replicas of existing logos, as long as you state who/what they belong to.
I hope that answer wasn't too confusing.

Showing 1081-1095 of 1176