ForumsGamesNew gaming PC

27 5444
omegawavex
omegawavex
19 posts
Nomad

Hey, so since my computer is ancient compared to anything that has come out in the past 5 years, I've decided to get a job once school starts to get money for a new computer...I know a decent amount about whats good and what isn't but some feedback couldn't hurt...This is what I have so far : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1itjw

The only thing I'm not really sure about is the graphics card, I was going to get a Raedon 7950 HD Pro, but it was twice the price of my current graphics card, and a friend said this was better in terms of performance from price. I don't feel I need an i7, since I'm really only going to be playing starcraft 2 or LoL.

Anyway comments or suggestions would be appreciated, I have a budget of about $1500 USD ( I'm 14, thats a fortune to me. ) Thanks guys!

• 27 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

A 640 isn't a very good graphics card especially when you are getting a 120hz monitor that is going to waste because you wont be hitting 120fps without you play on low settings I would save money by getting a 60hz monitor and spend the extra on a better graphics card

omegawavex
omegawavex
19 posts
Nomad

[quote]A 640 isn't a very good graphics card especially when you are getting a 120hz monitor that is going to waste because you wont be hitting 120fps without you play on low settings I would save money by getting a 60hz monitor and spend the extra on a better graphics card[quote]

Yeah, I was thinking maybe get an Asus Raedon HD 770 2GB video card? Or would that not be good enough? Only like, 10-20 dollars more.

omegawavex
omegawavex
19 posts
Nomad

7770*

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

It depends what sort of games you want to play and in what resolution and quality I guess because you are getting a 120hz monitor then you would want to get 120fps otherwise it would be pointless in having it over a 60hz monitor.

Tbh a 120hz monitor is pretty much a waste of money without your getting a really high end gpu that will get 120fps on high settings I'd recommend just getting a 60hz monitor and getting a good gpu like a 760 that will play most games on high settings and hold 60+ fps.

omegawavex
omegawavex
19 posts
Nomad

Actually I guess 50+ fps isn't really needed...I'll probably just set my monitor to 60hz when I get it.

omegawavex
omegawavex
19 posts
Nomad

Okay guys new thing here. :P http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qPvh

I got a Saphire Raedon HD, it's 2 GB smaller, but has better performance. Decided to just buy a cheap Windows 7. The BenQ was insanely overpriced, $300 for a 24" is absurd. I'm going to buy a flatscreen T.V, 24" for $150 , and just buy a $10-$15 VGA and use the T.V as my monitor.

omegawavex
omegawavex
19 posts
Nomad

Sorry for all these posts. :3 You guys need an edit button. :P

New and improved. ( I hope ) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qXQ4

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Why an mitx board in a big atx case? it will look tiny in that case and wont have as many features as a atx motherboard an mitx board isn't bad but it's pretty pointless unless you have a mitx case.

Other then that its a great build that I would love to have myself tbh I'm slowly upgrading mine atm but I pretty much want to do a new build so I need to save up.

omegawavex
omegawavex
19 posts
Nomad

Yes, getting a mini was an oops on my part. I now have the normal size one. ( Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard )

I also bought a cheap $5 Thermal paste and and keyboard + mouse

Keyboard :Razer BlackWidow 2013 Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse : Razer ABYSSUS Wired Optical Mouse

Showing 16-24 of 27