ForumsSupport Forum[Locked] Dawn Of The Dragons - Cannot connect Error

24 12521
MusashiKorian
MusashiKorian
15 posts
Nomad

So me along with a few more players seem to be experiencing a problem with connecting to the games client although many can still play this happened after a recent update to the game, but the developers cannot find a problem on their end. I figured I would ask about it on your end then as well. Thanks for getting back to me in advance.

http://armorgames.com/dawn-of-the-dragons-game/13509

• 24 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Have you guys tried this? It was posted just three minutes ago it seems: http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/forums/showthread.php?25811-Armor-Games-Musashi-lvl-1117&s=894f3538fc818a718aa85a648b28a1b9&amp=616320&viewfull=1#post616320 .

From a Community Manager there, emphasis mine:

For those of you who are experiencing logon issues with Armor Games or Newgrounds after the last patch we have some information for you that may help.

We have expanded our list of servers by adding a new one to Armor Games and Newgrounds. The IP address on this new server has changed. As a possible byproduct of this change, anything that restricts access based on IP addresses (Firewalls, Security programs, ISP, etc) could be affecting a playerâs ability to connect to the game.

The best information we can share is to make sure your computer uses port 443 to allow the game to connect to your computer.

Thank you for your time and patience. If this does not resolve your issue please let us know.

That would seem to add up with some reports on page 1 of that thread that the game seeks (and requires) some incoming connections.
MusashiKorian
MusashiKorian
15 posts
Nomad

The freeing of port 443 doesnt fix this issue. As I have that port open haha.

Success: I can see your service on *.*.*.* on port (443)
Your ISP is not blocking port 443

Here is a screenshot of what I see when I try to connect.

puu.sh/41u8e.jpg

MusashiKorian
MusashiKorian
15 posts
Nomad

Quick Update

I finally was able to fix my issue but it isn't a good solution imho.

I had to hit up my ISP and have them manually allow the IP associated with DOTD that was attempting to access port 443. I don't think thats a good thing to do just to get into the game XD

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

That would again seem to add up with =614999&viewfull=1#post614999">this post on page 1 of that thread though:

it appears we are not loading due to an incoming request from 54.241.17.255:443 being blocked.

In other words, by your own description you needed port 443 open for that address.

(I had been wondering in the meantime, and this is a little beyond me, but if it's not possible that your CanYouSeeMe test had simply scanned your router. I think it's possible it's listening alright on port Z, but still not forwarding that traffic back to your machine.

Port forwarding is a tricky business, try here for starters: http://portforward.com/ .)

Anyways: looks like indeed you need to resolve this with the DoD keepers, as had been my thought from the start. I'm sure others would appreciate you reporting back here on any definitive solutions. Whether this is an elegant solution of theirs or requirement of the game or not I won't comment on; I'm extremely reluctant to have my machine act as a server to anything, but then it also follows I just simply don't run some stuff. So won't play certain games, in the example at hand.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

ps

I'm extremely reluctant to have my machine act as a server to anything

I think I can see though how that might be required of these collective activities that an MMO would to me seem to be by nature.

If so, I don't know how this is normally resolved, so that it doesn't interfere too much with people's standard settings. I'm not into them.
MusashiKorian
MusashiKorian
15 posts
Nomad

I have the port 443 open as are many of my common ports. I am not new to it, in fact I work in IT. It was odd that the traffic still wasn't being allowed and that is when I decided the hell with it and called my ISP and had them check on their end. They saw I had the port open but all traffic was still being blocked so they just allowed the IP. The IP you listed there form the forums isn't the same one for me. I have that IP whitelisted already. Their servers are based out of the Amazon hub in CA. Anyways, I have this little band-aide on the problem for myself but it still isn't a real solution to the problem. I'll wait to hear more on their side.

htgar
htgar
1 posts
Nomad

oh no, I have not been able to logon since yesterday QQ
Seriously bad form

andiboy
andiboy
2 posts
Farmer

same here

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Please post your problems concerning a connection failure in the main thread about this. Thank you. =)

Showing 16-24 of 24