ForumsWEPRThe World Events, Politics, Religion Forum Guide to Success

18 3118
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Some posters may feel that they know exactly how to put your opinion across, but are you? I thought that the many AG members should know what is needed for others to understand and respect what they have to say.

Spelling and Grammar
This may seem optional, but I would respect an opinion so much more if I could understand it. Not only understand it, but I would respect a post that has the look of hard work. Bad grammar, and wrong spellings would make me loose that interest and respect for the post.

Sources
When debating hot topics such as abortion, war, etc., you should always cite your sources! It is of course plagerism, and it is against the rules to copy someone elses work. Not only am I telling you to cite sources, but actually use sources! Research topics and use the knowledge found and refute what has been said before you, or bring up another point to add to the discussion. And remember, you don't have to know everything about the topic to post in a certain forum!

Courtesy
This doesn't only apply to this forum, but it is stressed more in this forum because some threads deal with personal issues, and if you aren't respectful to others' posts than there will be conflicts and fighting. I like to say, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all. This applies here, but your post doesn't have to be "nice." Just avoid being rude and obnoxious.

To add to it all, have fun!!!
This forum is pretty serious, but don't feel too worked up about a thread. This site is for having a good time, so post only if you want to to. This is not an obligation!

• 18 Replies
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Too bad there isn't an edit

So many good ideas to add!

Maybe they could lock this thread and then sticky a new one with the new suggestions? They could also leave this one open for suggestions.

Just an idea.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Only will a discussion get you anywhere if people know those things Estel.

Now I'm not sure if its something to be learned this way. Eh worth a try.

Yea they really got to implant a edit button...

zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

not like spelling really matters beacuse people get off topic when they whine about your bad grammar

Showing 16-18 of 18