ForumsSupport ForumArmorGames technical issues help

14 2744
StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

I have noticed that lately a lot of people have been posting new threads about a problem with loading thing's and having glitches. So I am just here to try to help you out with why your computer may be loading thing's slowely or not at all.

1) Your internet browser may be a older version of Internet explorer or Mozilla FireFox. So having this older version of browser is going to have these issues of slow loading. They are not able to upload image's as fast, get the proper data to upload onto the screen, and are pretty much disabled from adjusting to change on the site. So in reality, your browser is too slow to handle the fast change and large load of armorgames.

2) It may be your computer that cannot handle the new thing's that are faster so it just panic's (freeze or messed up screen). For example, let's say that I have a 15 year old computer with the newest version of Internet Explorer. IE wants to go fast and get to where you want to go fast but your computer cannot produce the charge needed to get there. Your computer either freezes or stops trying to get to the page so that your computer doesn't overload and crash. This also explain's the why glitches have happened and why they are caused. There is NOTHING wrong with this happening. It is actually a GOOD thing. It is preventing your computer form further damage. You may have to refresh the page or restart your computer to get to where you need to go.

3) Armorgames may be experiencing a sudden change or may be personally changing something. It is more of a security thing when they are changing something and you cannot access the page wanted. A lot of time's when you are trying to load something and it takes a LONG time, Armorgames may be adjusting something or the AG server is overloaded with demands for pages. It baisically restarts itself in the time when it says, "Oops there seems to be an error on the page". So just refresh the page amd it will probably work just fine.

4) A script a lot of the time is what make's Armorgames run slowely. All that is happening when a script is the problem is that a certain thing that makes AG run is being automatically changed so that nothing bad happens. It may be that a certain page feature is being added or taken out, a comment has been deleted so it chnges the script, and there are many other reasons why a script will change.

5) The last reason why Armorgames may seem to run slowely is the moderator's are doing something to the site. It does not have to be a big thing that is happening either. A lot of the time a moderator is deleting a comment and it just freezes the entire site because there are many thing's included into it, such as a forum. There may be many responses on it so it takes some time for the sever to completely get rid of that information. Another example may be that a moderator is giving out merit's and in order to make the point's givin to that person, the site must actually 'restart' itself. It happens so fast that all that we realize is alittle bit of turbulance(short time of slow loading).

I hope that this will help you figure out why your computer may run slow sometimes or why some thing's will happen when you post a comment. They are all just case's of when something is being adjusted to the site or you don't have the right kind of technoligy for what your computer can handle.

• 14 Replies
Soho
Soho
131 posts
Nomad

I have noticed that the pages do load slower here then on other websites that I sometimes go to, and that makes me think that AG could be experiencing a server problem, or does AG just need a faster web browser?

BlazeLax38
BlazeLax38
63 posts
Nomad

Well there is nothing wrong with AG. There are just so many unactive accounts that there is a kind of "overload" of poeple. The server cannot handle all of the demands of the active and non-active users. As StarScreamer said, there server baisically has to start over again in order to handle all of the demands, that's all.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

As far as I am aware, the "unactive" accounts don't make that much of a difference. The site gets glitchy when a lot of people are logged in.

BlazeLax38
BlazeLax38
63 posts
Nomad

Well ubertuna, I am kind of a computer geek so I know quite a bit about things like this.lol. Although unactive accounts don't seem to do much. They actually are doing something. They are taking up space in which AG uses to activate new pages. It is almost like a memory chip. If you upload things, they take up space. Now as you fill up the space in the chip, more items are availiable to access. (you get where im going with this?) As there are more things to access, it takes more time to get to the thing that you would like.

So as more accounts are made, the memory of AG increases causing the site to run slower. So if some of the unactive accounts were deleted, it would take up less space so AG could actually run faster and maybe have less glitches. But as you and Star said, it get's glitchy when there are a lot of users online.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

They actually made some changes to the site this afternoon that have helped it run faster. You should be seeing an increase in speed. Granted, it still isn't blazing yet, but it is faster.

BlazeLax38
BlazeLax38
63 posts
Nomad

I have noticed a change in speed actually. But as I said, the more inactive accounts that you get rid of, the faster that AG is going to run too.

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

i dont think inactive accounts are affecting anything.

Blockhead
Blockhead
110 posts
Nomad

I tough that AG was supposed to go house to house, upgrading computers (see the promotional video if you do not beleive me).

BlazeLax38
BlazeLax38
63 posts
Nomad

Well dominated, read what I said to ubertuna. You will get what I mean. It may not make a BIG difference but it will not have such a loaded "memory chip" and the server will not be put under so much stress.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

I'm not as much of a technical person as BlazeLax38 but I do know that on sites when you do have a acount or something and it is stored into a database it does take up space, so the more that is stored into the database, the slower that the site is going to run.

That's all that I know about this stuff. So I actually do think that some of the inactive accounts are causing AG to run slower.

N00BKiller
N00BKiller
255 posts
Peasant

yea. i will try to update my Internet Explore! Thanks a lot for this!

baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

It is only because this site is still a young site. Give it a few more months and it will be better.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

It is young but really it will only get worse if you really think about it. More accounts will become inactive, this will update and the browser will not be able to keep up, so AG will really just get slower.

Remember that this has nothing to do with glitches, it is for the reasons why AG may run slow sometimes.

airdude123
airdude123
266 posts
Nomad

ya!!!!!!! it has been running faster on my comp..i have noticed that lately

-Air
Showing 1-14 of 14