ForumsPopular MediaDavid Tennant or Matt Smith

13 7351
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

I was just looking at the thread "Doctor Who..", and I remembered something that has been getting to me. Which one do I like more? Tennant or Smith? I still really don't know. But if you have a preference and reasons why you think so, list them here, hopefully I'll be able to make a good decision soon :]

• 13 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

First things first. This is a general Doctor Who thread for all things Doctor Who.

Second. Eccleston. I haven't made it to Smith yet but Eccleston.

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Ahh. Eccleston sucks. I think most people agree on that.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

why not both? fiesta!

i have no favorite, i like the doctor the way he is, no matter to who or what he reincarnates.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

No. No, I do not agree. Eccleston was a great Doctor.

I haven't made it to Matt Smith yet, but simply judging by the way he looks as a Doctor, for me the real question is Eccleston or Tennant. Tennant has that extra crazy thing, but I was sad when the Doctor changed first.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

From the modern series? Eccelston. He's just a bada** doctor, instead of Smith and Tennant, who were more goofy.
Out of the classic series, I think it's no debate that almost everyone's favorite was Tom Baker.

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Eccelstonsenensensonsun is the worst doctor.

Also...

ALONSY!

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Eccleston was a fantastic Doctor, he brought up a more serious, darker aspect that others don't show often. Tennant remains my favorite though.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I think the difference in seriousness between Ecclestone and Tennant was a wanted effect. The Doctor was reincarnated, after all. It's the change from an older, more mature stade to a completely fresh form (remember Tennant's first appearance, he was almost lunatic). Both actors played their character perfectly.

As I only just started the 3rd season, I can't check this impression with the next change though.

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Are you trolling us?

No, I just can't spell his name. Anyways, Eccelstonsenensensonsun sounds much better.
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Uh, no most people do not agree on that. Not only is Eccleston my personal favorite as well as the favorite for numerous others but several polls have been taken on other sites and Eccleston almost always winds up in the top 3.
Sophie28
Sophie28
17 posts
Peasant

Matt all the way!!!!!!! He isn't as serious as Tennant. To me he is more whimsical, goofy, and fun. Don't get me wrong, Tennant is totally awesome too! I just prefer Matt Smith. He was also the first Doctor I ever watched, so he has a special place in my Whovian heart. Not to mention how adorable he is ^-^ although I do wish I could ruffle David Tennant's hair...

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Oh, it's New Who. *rolls eyes*
Tom Baker FTW.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Oh, it's NuWho. *rolls eyes*

FTFY

I keep thinking about watching orignal Dr. Who, but I never get around to it.

~~~Darth Caedus
Showing 1-13 of 13