Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Windows 8 Bad or Good?

Posted Aug 20, '13 at 5:47am

ironblade41

ironblade41

523 posts

I hate windows 8. Windows 7 works well and windows 8 is really only functional on Xbox. I don't like to rant like the rest of you.

Posted Aug 23, '13 at 11:49am

gman144

gman144

156 posts

windows 8 is really only functional on Xbox.

Windows 8 is a PC OS.........sort of

I hate windows 8.

You sound like the million other people who haven't even given it a chance yet.

I don't like to rant like the rest of you.

This is the Tavern. That is all that happens here.....

Posted Aug 24, '13 at 12:24am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

You sound like the million other people who haven't even given it a chance yet.

You realize that probably at least 69% of the people who complain about Windows 8 either use it or have used it, right?

My laptop came back in June with Windows 8 pre-installed (and stayed that way for about a month). I installed 8.1 preview on it at least twice and those times I used it for at least a week or two. That doesn't count the other two computers that I used before that also ran Windows 8 for probably over a year (including the preview release). All of these computers I used pretty regularly, at least 3 hours a day depending. To say simply that I've used Windows 8 before would be an understatement. Yes, I do dislike the system, which you might know if you read my post on the previous page. Surprisingly enough, people can have legitimate reasons to dislike something.

Posted Aug 27, '13 at 6:40pm

gman144

gman144

156 posts

My laptop came back in June with Windows 8 pre-installed (and stayed that way for about a month).

Did you upgrade/downgrade to Linux?

You realize that probably at least 69% of the people who complain about Windows 8 either use it or have used it, right?

No, but it doesn't matter anyway. Windows 8 will be on PC's for years to come and unless people really care to take the time to get a new OS they learn to like it.....

Posted Aug 29, '13 at 1:05am

Drink

Drink

1,592 posts

windows 8 aint so bad, i just mainly use the desktop portion anyway so the whole app thing doesnt bother me cause i rarely see that screen

Posted Aug 29, '13 at 9:49pm

gman144

gman144

156 posts

You can also set it so that the start screen doesn't even come up when log in.

Posted Aug 30, '13 at 3:52am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Did you upgrade/downgrade to Linux?

Upgrade. The only thing I lost are Windows-only compatible games that I don't even really play, and besides I got a lot of learning experience and an obvious speed and power boost (as well as efficiency) from my laptop.

No, but it doesn't matter anyway. Windows 8 will be on PC's for years to come and unless people really care to take the time to get a new OS they learn to like it.....

Well, since this thread is about Windows 8 per se, that's purely speculation and doesn't really relate. Yeah, Microsoft is gaming a corrupt system. It has been for a while now.

Reply to Windows 8 Bad or Good?

You must be logged in to post a reply!