ForumsWEPREgypt massacre *Links May Contain Graphic Images And Videos*

73 29857
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

I have never cried in adult life and seen very graphic things.
But this made me cry.
god can one be so cruel?

• 73 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Now onto the other question. Why might people be worried about radical Islam? Well, for starters, it IS violent. And oppressive. And sexist. And homophobic. And a slew of other things. People can practice whatever they want, until it starts harming others. I don't care whether that's here or anywhere else in the world, we, as the human race, shouldn't allow disgusting moral atrocities to persist on the notion of "they want it there."

People are not worried by Radical Islam as much as they are worried of Islam.
Because MB is not Radical.
You want to talk about radicals, talk about taliban, bokoharam, al qaida.
Remember, it was MB who brokered peace b/w Israel and gaza, have had there been any of the other groups I mentined earlier, Israelies would have been crying for international intervention.
Muslims are oppressive, but those who follow Sharia law are.

Now I understand the Islamophobic mindset of the west.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Now I understand the Islamophobic mindset of the west.

Not sure if quote mining or... I hope you realize he said Muslims in general are not opressive ("by no means am I saying all Muslims are oppressive,&quot.

The Muslim Brotherhood may not be as radical as the Taliban for example, which is why I wonder why the media always calls them islamists; nevertheless, they are still very conservative.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

The Muslim Brotherhood may not be as radical as the Taliban for example, which is why I wonder why the media always calls them islamists; nevertheless, they are still very conservative.

That is what you ppl don't understand, There are Islamists and then there are extremists.
MB are Islamists, while Taliban are extremists, for Islamophobes, Islamists are same as extremists.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Islamists is indeed the word used for radical muslims, and moderate muslims would agree to that. Unless I and many other have been wrong all the time, in which case you're welcome to enlighten us on the etymology and meaning of the different terms.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Islamists is indeed the word used for radical muslims, and moderate muslims would agree to that. Unless I and many other have been wrong all the time, in which case you're welcome to enlighten us on the etymology and meaning of the different terms.

First you explain to me what a moderate muslim is
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

First you tell me where the goal posts are.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Jihaadism -- Believes in the interpretation that those who don't believe in Islam and directly or indirectly impedes the progress of Islam must be counteracted with vengeance.

{the next two classifications likely have proper names for it, but for the life of me, I have no idea what they are}

Conservative/Traditional Islam -- Fundamentally acknowledges the Qur'an and strictly abides by the laws it places. Does not believe sheer violence and chaos is the answer in the face of multiple religions. Most just want to be left alone in peace.

Progressive Islam -- Incrementally applies a looser acknowledgment and interpretation of the Qur'an than the other two classifications. Uses the elastic interpretation to facilitate a progressive philosophy on the traditional social issues practiced in Islamic nations. Progressive Muslims usually protest in Islamic nations in favor of this philosophy or migrate to other nations where their progressive philosophy can be practiced.

It's been two years since I took the class that involved Islam, so if I was biased or missed/screwed something up in this, please let me know, Lol.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

I just want to understand - if one person want to live as the most piety Muslim, and one dont, then the non-religios person need to be forced to be muslim too?

Its much like in Israel. These Orthodox bastared who want everyone to do as they said, aka not opening shops/driving at sauterdays, eating only extra Kosher and so on, try to pass laws and bully everyone who dosent.

So as much as i dont like them, for now they are more civilize them what the Islam as to offer as most Radical.
The worst case of judisam radicalism is A dumb old dude spiting on a girl walking " Dressed immodestl".

So if a saudi want to drink a beer, can he?

All i say, long story short, is that Islam is getting more and more Radical over the years. And you cant denie it, most of the Islamist groups are not so gentled in there ways or the way they preech there audiance need to act

Its like saying Hitler didnt did anything wrong, he just said that killing the jews and the gyepsis and the gays and the illed and the jazz listner, and his individuals followers did the rest.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

First you tell me where the goal posts are.

I asked you a serious question bro,
What kind of muslim is moderate muslim in your opinion?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Thank you Freakenstein, I think we can work with those definitions. Even though you didn't mention islamism. But the more I think about it, the more this term seems to be malleable and not meaning much except reflecting what the user of this term thinks it means, so maybe it should be avoided altogether.

Punisher, what I call a moderate muslim is kind of what Freak described as Progressive Islam.
Of course, I don't actually know what a moderate muslim would agree islamism means, so I withdraw what I said about them agreeing. I still think they would agree, but I can't use it as an assertion for my argument. For now let's just say I define an islamist as a radical muslim.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

I just want to understand - if one person want to live as the most piety Muslim, and one dont, then the non-religios person need to be forced to be muslim too?

Its much like in Israel. These Orthodox bastared who want everyone to do as they said, aka not opening shops/driving at sauterdays, eating only extra Kosher and so on, try to pass laws and bully everyone who dosent.

So as much as i dont like them, for now they are more civilize them what the Islam as to offer as most Radical.
The worst case of judisam radicalism is A dumb old dude spiting on a girl walking " Dressed immodestl".

So if a saudi want to drink a beer, can he?

What if majority does not want to drink?
What if majority does not want their children to be spoiled?
All i say, long story short, is that Islam is getting more and more Radical over the years

Danilo I think now I know what you mean by Radical muslims.
Your are not talking bout Jihadists(which are considered radicals by the majority) but the Conservatives.
Well, I got a news for you, muslims have been like this for more than thousand years and what you think are moderates or who considered westrenized in muslims in muslim world, they are a new beed, only came into being dring 1900s.
Punisher, what I call a moderate muslim is kind of what Freak described as Progressive Islam.
Of course, I don't actually know what a moderate muslim would agree islamism means, so I withdraw what I said about them agreeing. I still think they would agree, but I can't use it as an assertion for my argument. For now let's just say I define an islamist as a radical muslim.

For us,
Radicals are al qaida guys who took it to extreme and are considered out of Islam by some.Some consider them Khawarij
Then its us, five times a praying, fasting in ramdan, doing other good deeds and if need be going on war (like Russian war before or kashmir conflict).
We are The Moderates.
The come the modern muslims who are muslim just by name, the just call themselves muslims but don't follow it much, most of the arab countries in egypt side has such muslims in majority.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

What if majority does not want to drink?
What if majority does not want their children to be spoiled?

That is each individual's choice, not something you can impose on everyone. We have to respect the individuals who don't want to drink as well as we have to respect the individuals who want to have the option.

Radicals are al qaida guys who took it to extreme and are considered out of Islam by some.Some consider them Khawarij

Those I call extremists, and terrorists in the case of Al Qaida.

A radical is a stronger category than a conservative; you could call it ultra-conservative. I guess my definition of radical and yours, are very close but not quite the same. An islamist, a radical, I would consider someone who still lives in society, not hidden away in Afghan mountains, yet still holds very strict views.

The come the modern muslims who are muslim just by name, the just call themselves muslims but don't follow it much, most of the arab countries in egypt side has such muslims in majority.

No True Scotsman fallacy. You can't say they're not muslims. They live according to their version of the muslim philosophy, just because they allow women not to wear any head protection doesn't mean they follow completely different paths than you.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Well you are right Punisher. But i mean that in the 1950-70 the arab world was so open and free. Western. But now all around the world the religios groups go back to medieval.

You can wducate your kid as much as you lime. If a 18 man want to drink, than he can. If he want to have sex, he can. That his rights. You cant fobid him from doing stuffs like that. You can educate against Alchol or even just against Alcholism, but you cant take the bottle away.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

This is my opinion at least. Education quedtions.
Its seem like the Army is quite winning now. Back to 2005, like nothing happened?

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Well you are right Punisher. But i mean that in the 1950-70 the arab world was so open and free. Western. But now all around the world the religios groups go back to medieval.

They are going back to what they should be.
Why are you having a problem if they are choosing their own culture over western?
Will you like it if they impose their's on you?
You can wducate your kid as much as you lime. If a 18 man want to drink, than he can. If he want to have sex, he can. That his rights. You cant fobid him from doing stuffs like that. You can educate against Alchol or even just against Alcholism, but you cant take the bottle away.

Fortunately, I still can and I will fight for this right if I have to.
You despise and say that they are trying to impose Sharia law on the world while you yourself want to impose the opposite of it on them.
My Question is
(--------)
{ * I * /}
[ \\----/ ]
\\/
Why So, Hypocrate?
No True Scotsman fallacy. You can't say they're not muslims. They live according to their version of the muslim philosophy, just because they allow women not to wear any head protection doesn't mean they follow completely different paths than you.

Strawman, I never called them non muslims. Calling a muslim, non muslim is a great sin. I only said they are not practicing muslims and are just muslims in names.
A radical is a stronger category than a conservative; you could call it ultra-conservative.

Yes, radical is a stronger category, we call them Terrorists.
Showing 46-60 of 73