ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 507947
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Well, God himself has never been seen, some claim to have heard him, I think he's never been seen because he is not a being as we know them, more like an omniscient entity. He created Jesus to be his representative, and to teach people the true ways.

Some people also claim Elvis/the aliens are beaming thoughts into there head, but they have never been seen. This actually comes from your subconscious. You can assert it to anything.

Jesus came to "teach people the true ways"? You mean like killing fig trees for not producing fruit out of season? Or stoning people? Great "true" ways here...

I also think Angels are around, because well, who could watch everything at once on their own? and God is busy with things all the time, babies, deaths, world events, so the angels help him out.

....Were is my proof? Its a "cool story bro" but it has no proof. Bring some proof, or at least something that uses logic. This is what I, and some others, see of your post.

Well, aliens themselves have never been seen, some claim to have heard them, I think he's never been seen because they are not a being as we know them, more like an omniscient entity. They created crop circles to be there representative, and to teach people the true ways.
I also think unicorns are around, because well, who could watch everything at once on their own? and the aliens are busy with things all the time, babies, deaths, world events, so the unicornshelp him out.
BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

who could watch everything at once on their own?

What happened to God's omnipotence?

God is busy with things all the time, babies, deaths, world events, so the angels help him out.

Kinda difficult for God to do when He's an 'omniscient entity' rather than a physical being. Now you need another theory to explain that >_>
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I'm christian, just for the record, but I have theories, some like the whole entities thing.

Oh please, you know very well Gods just a computer stuffed away in a cave some place.

Well, God himself has never been seen, some claim to have heard him, I think he's never been seen because he is not a being as we know them, more like an omniscient entity. He created Jesus to be his representative, and to teach people the true ways.
I also think Angels are around, because well, who could watch everything at once on their own? and God is busy with things all the time, babies, deaths, world events, so the angels help him out.

It seems to me your just elaborating further on your story rather then providing evidence.
tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Kinda difficult for God to do when He's an 'omniscient entity' rather than a physical being. Now you need another theory to explain that >_>

He's lazy. Happy? Or the more people belive in him the "stronger" he gets. Theory.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Or the more people belive in him the "stronger" he gets. Theory.

So how could he create anything when nobody existed to believe in him and give him power? Why is he dependend of humans anyway? Theory not probable.
RoabertG
RoabertG
23 posts
Nomad

Also, if good and evil were actually forces then they would be able to felt, observed, tested, and would have common influences across the board, regardless of interpretation. They have none of these things. This is what leads me to the conclusion that these things are purely human and speculative in their nature. That is the only possibility which I find explains each aspect and manifestation of good and evil.
I will quote C. S. Lewis for this.
"I believe we can learn something very important from the things people say. they say things like this: 'How would you like it if I did the same to you' or 'leave him alone he isn't doing you any harm' ... now what interests me about all these remarks is that the man who makes them is not merely saying that the other man's behavior does not happen to please him. He is appealing to some kind of standard of behavior which he expects the other man to know about ... it looks very much like both parties had in mind some kind of Law or Rule of fair play."
Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis
I would argue that this standard of fair play is the standard that God set up. Anyone who goes against this standard goes against God.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

So how could he create anything when nobody existed to believe in him and give him power? Why is he dependend of humans anyway? Theory not probable.

Why would he create something then demand worship, even threatening his creations if they don't? That theory is also unprobable....Highly highly un probable.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I would argue that this standard of fair play is the standard that God set up. Anyone who goes against this standard goes against God.

Prove.
Why would he create something then demand worship, even threatening his creations if they don't? That theory is also unprobable....Highly highly un probable.

Ok, now here comes my theory: god is a megaloman and was bored, so he created us in order to satisfy his lust for power. And he shows himself only to some of us so some of us don't believe in him, in order to create arguments and hatred. After all he needs some entertainment.
RoabertG
RoabertG
23 posts
Nomad

Jesus came to "teach people the true ways"? You mean like killing fig trees for not producing fruit out of season? Or stoning people? Great "true" ways here...
He killed the fruit tree as an example. The fig tree had the appearance of being healthy but bore no fruit. So we must show to others the way we truly are. Say I am depressed and someone comes up to me and asks "hey, how are you?" since Jesus says to be on the outside what you are on the inside I should not say "oh im great." instead I should tell them how I really am so they could help me. about Jesus stoning people, when did he stone people? He never stoned people! are you thinking of the story with Jesus and the adulteress: where the Jewish officials tried to trick Jesus into contradicting Himself?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

So "if your not with us, your against us!". Many Christians don't even believe that pile of bull. A majority do, and that is probably why you have it "standard"...

Ok, now here comes my theory: god is a megaloman and was bored, so he created us in order to satisfy his lust for power. And he shows himself only to some of us so some of us don't believe in him, in order to create arguments and hatred. After all he needs some entertainment.

Wow, that is a perfect representation of the Christian god! Don't forget that he also kills millions in floods, earth quakes, volcanoes, lightning strikes, hurricanes, disease, famine, wow this is a long list and I haven't completed it yet.... Wow there god really is "all loving" is he?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

He killed the fruit tree as an example. The fig tree had the appearance of being healthy but bore no fruit. So we must show to others the way we truly are. Say I am depressed and someone comes up to me and asks "hey, how are you?" since Jesus says to be on the outside what you are on the inside I should not say "oh im great." instead I should tell them how I really am so they could help me. about Jesus stoning people, when did he stone people? He never stoned people! are you thinking of the story with Jesus and the adulteress: where the Jewish officials tried to trick Jesus into contradicting Himself?

IT WASN'T FIG SEASON! That is a horrible reason to end somethings life! "Sorry old apple tree, its not apple season so you don't have fruit, got to kill you now!". Jesus believed in the old testament, and supported it with some of his words, and in the old testament people get stoned. A lot.

12 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry: 13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. 14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Wow there god really is "all loving" is he?

Yup^^ by reasoning you can tell that of the three things god is supposed to be (omnipotent, omniscient and allloving) he can't be all three, considered there is evil on earth. Why? Well, either he doesn't know about it (not omniscient), or he doesn't have the power to get rid of evil (not omnipotent) or he just doesn't want to (not all-loving). Either way there is a problem with god.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

And don't forget about the..."morals" it imposes!

Proverbs (25:21): âIf your enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he be thirsty, give him water to drinkâ

I think Christians would call that moral...But wait, here is the good part!

Proverbs 25:22 For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.

Good old context...

Aaliyah928
Aaliyah928
252 posts
Nomad

Agreed, lots of contradictions in the bible... And even an omniscient has an attention span right?

ThinAir
ThinAir
14 posts
Nomad

@LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
I can't help but notice a bit of hypocracy here.You bash Kidslayer for his lack of spelling, while misspelling several words yourself.
Also, you ask how Kidslayer knows the Big Bang happened, while somehow assuming in your next post that scientists do.
And finally, you call him out for a "hate" post, then start insulting him yourself.
P.S. You should really get a new name, your current one is impossible to type. =P

Showing 2371-2385 of 3094