ForumsGamesFlash Games: How are they made?

4 3335
shiftreality
shiftreality
2 posts
Scribe

I am a digital artist for visual effects and I love computer work. I love playing flash games and yet even though I have quite a lot of experience in the field of visual effects, I haven't the faintest idea how to make flash games.
Does anyone else want to learn to make them?
Does anyone wish to share his or her knowledge in making them?

I would appreciate any help I can get, and I'm sure others would too.

• 4 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Best place for this: AGs programming Forum

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I heard you have to speak this strange language called B-...

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

To make Flash Games you need Adobe Flash, the programming language is Actionscript (aka As). There is a As1 (really old) As2, and a As3. I recommend learning As3 or As2. If you want to learn As2, then be sure to get Flash cs6 or under, the newest Flash cc does not support As1 or As2.

Lynda.com had really nice tutorials on game making in As3, especially the Pong tutorial and making a Tank game. It really helped me understand how to make a game. But if you don't want to pay every month to get tutorials, there are plenty of free ones out there. If you want I could show you what I know, or there are plenty of programming forums out there such as Kirupa.com's forums, on a flash marketplace called activeden there's a forum. But really this website's programming forum would be my last choice. There are only 3-6 active posters, and because of that it usually takes a while to get replies. Also there's Gamedevtuts, some are free but some require a paid monthly subscription. Also not sure if they make Flash tutorials, I think they have a few.

But anyways, Flash games are made in Adobe Flash, you can buy it somewhere at .

PS: If you already have Adobe CC then you will be able to download flash with no extra cost.

Well I am typing this on an iPad so my fingers are tired. ...

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Oh and there is no b- programming language for flash :P

Showing 1-4 of 4