Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Racism and Sexism

Posted Aug 28, '13 at 3:37am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

I mean, he NEVER EVER met a jewish person, and the person who told him about the horns. Maybe he even knew some jewd but only didnt knew that.

It might not have been racism, but an honest lack of knowledge, and taking something metaphorical literally. For example, the first time some of my uncles as kids saw African Americans, they simply thought they were dirty or covered in mud. Not meant as an insult, slur, etc, just an assumption based on a lack of experience.

Posted Aug 29, '13 at 1:10am

Drink

Drink

1,653 posts

im incredibly racist and sexist but not online i dont let racist or sexist jokes slip with posting forum posts or comments, i mostly keep it all between my friends who are the same way

Posted Aug 29, '13 at 2:19am

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,175 posts

What is the logic behind these "consequences." Why should women get paid less for the same work?

I think what he means is (but i am not sure), is that, on average, women are physically weaker and therefore unable to perform the same jobs as men, therefore did paid less for less work.

I think.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Aug 29, '13 at 4:18am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

on average, women are physically weaker and therefore unable to perform the same jobs as men, therefore did paid less for less work.

If that's the case, the company could offer performance/production bonuses based on work quality and output, but can't set separate wages based solely on gender.

Posted Aug 29, '13 at 4:48am

danielo

danielo

1,779 posts

The real reason is because deep in the Bosses minds (or even what thry realy think) is that the female dosnt realy need the money. By them, its the male job to work, and the female just need "pocket money" to buy herself stuff.
That the husband bring the salary, the women only add to it.

This twissted thinking is the problme. That a female dosent need to work. This is the problme.

Posted Aug 29, '13 at 12:19pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

This twissted thinking is the problme. That a female dosent need to work. This is the problme.

There are a lot of places in the world where women need not work unless some misfortune befalls their family.
So, saying it is a "twisted" thinking is idiotic.

Posted Aug 29, '13 at 12:44pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

487 posts

I live in an extremely racist community. Our small town had a population of about 300 in 1990, but the current population is roughly 1000. Our mayor in 1990 decided it would be a good idea to expand, but the intention was that the town would grow to no more than 350 and the immigrates would mainly be those who lived a few miles outside the town. Instead he decided it would be a better idea to take in Chicagoan residents who were poverty-stricken. Our small town had a strong caring for one another, so the town voted for it. Here's what really happened: We got tons of ex-convicts who were mainly black. When you bring in a bunch of former gangsters and meth addicts who were black to a tiny town made up of older white people, you get clashes. Within a few years a few meth labs popped up and grew, gang violence and presence shot up dramatically, and naturally the somewhat ignorant lifetime residents blamed this on the color of their skin, not their actions. In 1996 the KKK held an extremely large rally to get this integration-idea repealed, but it failed miserably and the KKK still has a large presence. Needless to say, I grew up in a world of white on black violence.

So the small town expanded and accepted hundreds of black people into the community, and afterwards crime rates exploded through the roof? I kind of understand why they would be angry.
While I agree that oppressing black people is wrong, when the black people turn around and turn your town into a drug and gang infested town I think it's time to put the boot down and kick them back out.

Posted Aug 29, '13 at 8:09pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

There are a lot of places in the world where women need not work unless some misfortune befalls their family.

What if she wants to work? If she can do the work as competently as anyone else, is her labor somehow less valuable, solely because of her gender? I think not.

Posted Aug 30, '13 at 10:24am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

LOLOLOLOLOL XDXDXD I wonder why this thread was started

Posted Aug 30, '13 at 11:46am

09philj

09philj

2,685 posts

In their boundless wisdom, the U.K. government has suggested that gender quotas should be introduced for boards of directors. The idea is to enforce equality. The major problem is that it penalizes people who are better than some candidates who are the opposite sex but worse than the other candidates of the same sex, e.g "Dear Mr./Ms Hill, we regret to inform you that you have been passed up for promotion as we had to give the job to a less capable man/woman as it's the law"

Reply to Racism and Sexism

You must be logged in to post a reply!