ForumsGamesFreemium Trash

5 7371
treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

so much freaking freemium garbage thesedays and now i have to see it attempt to overrun AG?

Dragon Pals, Lunaria, Angel's Wrath, and others. oh yes, they're free to play alright but then they start leeching you away or in my case and hopefully others like me, drive me the **** away instantly once the freemium starts. hate it, hate it, HATE IT, when game companies/devs start doing this as it does not make it a good game, it makes it a money leeching moster that should be burned to ashes or less.

• 5 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

You have a point there, but you also have a choice in this matter... do not play the games... to explain: I myself am not playing MMO's, simply because I know myself. I will become addicted to them way too quickly, so I steer clear of them as much as possible. The only reason I have to play some MMO's is to obtain Quests, but other than that...

Games and websites need to make money somehow in order to keep the servers up and running and have funds to develop new games. Sometimes this means implementing a token/coin system of some sort, which renders the needed currency. Nothing is free these days, no matter which way you see it. Better to accept this and enjoy the games, then loosing precious time to play free games is my opinion. =)

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

I've also noticed more regular flash games doing it too. (Necronator 2, Infectonator 2, Sinjid 2)

Betrand1vs1
Betrand1vs1
2 posts
Nomad

I don't mind them so long as paying isn't required in order to progress further into the game or isn't required to not be obliterated by everyone who has paid for the premium stuff or so long as its possible to unlock them later in game so you don't have to pay for them or if you can obtain them from daily log in things or maybe some luck based game thingy.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

i agree, this pay-to-win crap is ruining AG.

clhkph
clhkph
121 posts
Blacksmith

The word of the wise ScriptWelder

Let me elaborate. We live in a world where you buy stuff. Like, since the first caveman gave the other caveman a fish in exchange for his stone spear. You pay for stuff â" this is a fact and itâs not very likely to change anytime soon. But the current state of mind for most of internet users is that you can have stuff for free.
Now kids, letâs think for a moment â" why would anyone give you stuff for free? In the name of a holy mission? Yyyyeah â" Wikipedia does that. Others? You really believe Google and Facebook give you all those neat things because they are nice like that?Even if people are nice, they still need money to pay for their servers. To pay their workers. To pay a freaking rent.
When you play a Flash game and you see an ad in it, this probably means the developer just got their $0.0001 or something. It costs you NOTHING yet you support the developer of the game simply by viewing the content â" isnât that great? Isnât this like the best and most friendly market model?
Showing 1-5 of 5