Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

[Answered] Dino Storm taking forever to load

Posted Aug 23, '13 at 6:31pm

ArmorRay

ArmorRay

8 posts

Reinstalling Java worked for a while, and Dino Storm was working just fine...until now. There are no more blank white screens, but now the game seems to be stuck on the "Loading" page and is not moving past it. Any ideas?

--ArmorRay

Posted Aug 23, '13 at 6:48pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,036 posts

Administrator

This is very strange, it's working for me.  Have you tried a different browser, maybe that will help? :)

Posted Sep 1, '13 at 4:41pm

ArmorRay

ArmorRay

8 posts

*Sigh* I've tried all 3 browsers on my computer. I've even tried reinstalling Java, but none of these have worked at all. I'm still getting a loading page for minutes on end on Dino Storm. Any ideas?

--ArmorRay

Posted Sep 2, '13 at 5:06am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

Any ideas?

Nope, except for to link this back to your previous thread on it for the sake of other readers: Dino Storm not loading up.

I did mention there I think it's JavaScript, not Java you need looking at. I think the two are unrelated.

I also mention there the game in the final instance appears to seek to install itself as an application. Do you get, in any of those browsers, any notifications to signal you're blocking this?

Posted Sep 2, '13 at 11:52pm

ArmorRay

ArmorRay

8 posts

Nope, the game just proceeds normally at first, then hits the loading page and just stays on there forever. You said that JavaScript may be the problem. If that is the case, then what next?

--ArmorRay

Posted Sep 4, '13 at 6:42pm

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

You said that JavaScript may be the problem. If that is the case, then what next?

I'm not sure really. I wasn't saying that it is the problem; but maybe looking at your Java is taking you down the wrong street. (Others: So what exactly does render JavaScript in our browsers? Is it possible to reinstall to rule out errors?)

I guess practically, like I said on the other thread, you can check e.g. http://www.enable-javascript.com/ to see if you have JS running. If yes, fine. If not, follow instructions there.

I doubt if it is what's causing you trouble. And I still can't think of other solutions for you, sigh. How's about giving up on DinoStorm? ;)

Posted Sep 5, '13 at 7:29pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,036 posts

Administrator

Some questions.

-Can you play other games from this computer?
-Can you play Dino Storm fine from another computer in your house?
-Do you have anti-virus or high security settings on your machine? These often block javascript and you'd need to flag us as safe before it worked.

Posted Sep 5, '13 at 7:34pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,036 posts

Administrator

Another good question is this one...

-What happened that caused all this to start occurring.  Did you get a new computer? Install a piece of software? Change locations? It's not the game, and as proof here is your character...

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8669/kr7s.png

Posted Sep 6, '13 at 3:53pm

CrimsonCougar

CrimsonCougar

1 post

I'm having the same problem.  After several minutes, a box appears that says "New version available.  Please restart your web browser to continue playing." I've tried multiple browsers (IE and Chrome), installed the latest version of Java, and made sure JavaScript is running.  Nothing seems to work.

Posted Sep 15, '13 at 7:51am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

CrimsonCougar wrote:

After several minutes, a box appears that says "New version available.  Please restart your web browser to continue playing."

Can you tell us a new version of what? If a new game version, I'd assume either that's a faulty update,* or your settings aren't allowing it to properly install. (If a new Flash Player version, I'd assume that isn't installing well.)

* But obviously Ferret is getting the game to work alright. As for FP, it's all the latest and hunky-dory at my end, at least I've not noticed any issues, and don't think I often have if ever before. People seem to be jumping to the conclusion that "Oh it must be program xYZ's latest update's fault" a little too easily, in general.

Ferret wrote:

-Do you have anti-virus or high security settings on your machine? These often block javascript and you'd need to flag us as safe before it worked.

Just a thought: Windows users might try and add the game site (probably not ArmorGames) to their Trusted Zones section (in your Internet Explorer settings), the latter now being set to default mode, or more liberal, presumably (but it should really be permissive enough as it is, and I wouldn't advise tweaking it to be even more permissive than that). I doubt if this would do much for you; but I know of 1 program (Secunia PSI) that requires it, even though I don't otherwise use IE. Presumably Windows being your operating system it may still refer to IE's settings.

Reply to [Answered] Dino Storm taking forever to load

You must be logged in to post a reply!