Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

{necro}Auto play MMOs

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 2, '13 at 5:39am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

... Although Reton8, I think I can largely agree with your scam description of (much of) it all, and then with a view to the intended age group, indeed.

Posted Sep 2, '13 at 6:14am

09philj

09philj

812 posts

There is one good mmo on the site: battle conquest. Burn the rest.

Posted Sep 3, '13 at 11:09pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,491 posts

Well, Idk, I've been thinking about my post/rant. And it's bothering me.

1.) I don't like this kind of stuff being pushed on us and what not for certain.

But,

2.) Armor Games is a business and they do need money and they also have to compete against Kongregate, which, from reading their Wikipedia page, is huge now and owned by Gamestop. If Armor Games loses all it's players and money, no more Armor Games and no more playing games on the site at all.

3.) Although many of the MMOs feel scammy, I have to admit, many of them are fun to play and I enjoy playing them. Also, the people that make them do put a lot of time into the games. I was being a bit harsh sorry about that.

What I'm saying is, yes I get frustrated when there are lots of ads or when it seems like paid content is being pushed. But is it really being pushed? And even if so whats offered is of quality and any business needs to advertise and make money, so it's not like it's truly uncommon or rude.

I really enjoy Armor Games,  the site is great, the community is great, the customer service is some of the best I have ever seen. Maybe I was a bit tired and worn down when I posted earlier and maybe I am worried about the site becoming too "corporate" as in, cold and distant from it's user's, only asking for their money (how Apple and Microsoft seem most of the time). I don't think that will happen, but I worry because I enjoy the site and it's high quality, as it is and as it has been since I joined (and even before). I'd hate to see it go to something highly "corporate", cold and distant. In all my last post was bothering me, I feel I was too harsh in my last post and it didn't fully reflect how I feel.

Posted Sep 4, '13 at 4:43am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

Nicely reconsidered, Reton :)

Posted Sep 14, '13 at 1:02pm

LtKerion

LtKerion

3 posts

There is also a long term problem that I have considered: these could damage the reputation of ArmorGames.
That's my biggest concern. While the repute would still be miles ahead of any where else I've spent time, it wouldn't be as good. It could lead to a slow, long term downward slide that would hardly be good for anyone involved.
Will it lead to this? I don't know, for all I know I might just be me being paranoid.

Posted Sep 14, '13 at 3:07pm

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,004 posts

The MMO's that are quality can stay as far as i'm concerened...
this includes swords and potions, skyshard heros, and legacy of a thousand suns.
the rest can burn honestly, they are either boring, never load, or its a pay-to-win scenario so I could care less about what happens to the AG MMO list.

On the other hand, the list is growing a bit too rapidly for my tastes...im looking for a good MMO that you can keep playing and im stuck honestly.