Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Drug Regulation

Posted Aug 28, '13 at 3:11am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

and you can't stop drinking coffee because it's in people's way of life

i dont drink coffee...

anyway this argument can be used for literally every addiction. a addiction is part of someones way of life..

Posted Aug 28, '13 at 10:18am

wflag10

wflag10

1,241 posts

Drinking coffee and being on crack are two different things.

How? You can get addicted to both of them. They can both make you feel happy or more alert. They both cause psychological changes and blood pressure changes . They both give you withdrawal symptoms if you have an addiction to them and just randomly stop taking them.

Are you being literal again or you just live to win an argument?

Are you just spouting your clear liberal bias or just trying to win an argument with opinions?

Posted Aug 28, '13 at 1:52pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

Says the guy with twice my posts and 5x my comments with just 4 months of seniority over me. I think we all know who sleeps at their computer...

I'm stubborn..ok? Gosh.

I'd like to drop in a thought..our perspective viewpoint of certain drugs because of the times we live in. Do we view certain drugs bad because they have been perceived as "bad" (i.e. marijuana). I use Cocaine or heroin as examples..both of which were, at one point, used for medicinal purposes and didn't have the stigma they have today.

Posted Aug 28, '13 at 2:33pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,117 posts

So if used the proper way I don't see any harm with it

AHA. Hypocrisy netted!

Anyway, I had to go and delete a few posts because they were both off-topic and applying the Ad Hominem fallacy. We don't like any of that here.

Posted Aug 30, '13 at 10:33am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Drugs- Waste of money, time, intelligence, health, and usually, looks XD

Posted Aug 30, '13 at 11:01am

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

464 posts

Drugs- Waste of money, time, intelligence, health, and usually, looks XD

Unless it's marijuana, which has been proven to be beneficial to people's health.

Posted Aug 31, '13 at 8:46am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

Unless it's marijuana, which has been proven to be beneficial to people's health.

temporary for people with health problems, maybe.
it is not beneficial for healthy people.
when used for a longer time on a high amount during your teenage years, it will make your short term memory worse. and marijuana use in combination with psychological problems such as a trauma or social disorders. has a higher chance for causing schizophrenia..

Posted Aug 31, '13 at 10:50am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,070 posts

Knight

Some people who smoke pot turn into burnouts. It's not so much the drug that does this as much as the person's life style.

I've seen plenty of girls dye their hair black, wear baggy clothing, and change their style just because they were introduced to that style by friends or boyfriends.

People who do the whole, "all I want to do is smoke weed" thing are just being immature. It's easy to smoke pot and not be a moron about it.

Posted Aug 31, '13 at 1:07pm

caiteyd13

caiteyd13

41 posts

I think people who smoke are plain stupid. They put pictures of themselves up on social media thinking it makes them look cool. It doesn't. It makes you look stupid and trashy.

Posted Aug 31, '13 at 2:21pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

It's easy to smoke pot and not be a moron about it.

Case in point.

http://api.ning.com/files/JR*sQazytuJaNYxYlaHQu4sy6gRFa*IR-856Q18uRbha1JorFqLPGZpLCxYI1*ytKL2kMrga3I*DUXY1MEnJlZcstAHc*M-c/carlsaganquotecannabis.jpg

Reply to Drug Regulation

You must be logged in to post a reply!