ForumsGamesPayDay 2

6 4544
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Haven't seen a topic about this game yet (or might have just missed it if I did please delete this)

So yeah Payday 2, fun game good metascore, half the price of new games a lot of playability. Basically a first person shooter criminal game in which the players take the role of 1 of 4 different criminals. 4 skill trees to focus on the style that suits you best. Heists include stealing Paintings, robbing stores, stealing drugs, making drugs (oddly enough), breaking into safes and whatnot.

It is a fun game similar to left 4 dead in which the game is randomized there are different scenarios. Also has a similar Call of Duty aspect where players can unlock different guns from leveling up and they can unlock attachments for their weapons. Unfortunately the item drop system is kind of faulty meaning you have to beat levels and pick a card amongst 3 at the end of each level to get a random item (mask items, money or weapon items)

I like this game so far, it was released something like August 13th and I have already played til I am level 45.

• 6 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Haven't played it yet...or seen any gameplay videos..but all I know is that the developers focused most, if not all, of their money on making the game instead of advertisements, and I respect that greatly.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

The gameplay videos look good. Its more immersive than the last one, allowing you to go which way YOU want. If you'd like to take the sneaky way, you can, and if you wanted to go in guns blazing you could do that too. Myself, I'm not going to buy it because I've never been into that type of game, but it does look like a good game from what I've seen.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I havent had the chance to play it yet, cant afford it at the moment. The videos I have seen look really cool. I'll end up getting it only if I can convince 3 friends to get it too, playing alone isnt fun.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I havent had the chance to play it yet, cant afford it at the moment. The videos I have seen look really cool. I'll end up getting it only if I can convince 3 friends to get it too, playing alone isnt fun.

Playing alone isn't fun but I don't know any of the people I play with and it is just as fun, most people by now know what they are doing so it makes it easy for newcomers as well. I mean I am already level 49 out of 100.

Haven't played it yet...or seen any gameplay videos..but all I know is that the developers focused most, if not all, of their money on making the game instead of advertisements, and I respect that greatly

Here is a small video of me playing for a bit It isn't the best because this guy I played with wouldn't drop the dang drill for a second
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So what..it was you 4 vs AI?

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

So what..it was you 4 vs AI?

Yes Payday 2 and Payday: The Heist is similar to left 4 dead in which 4 co-op players face hordes of A.I.

The difference with Payday is that you rob banks, steal drug dealers drugs, take hostages and just perform various heists. You have 4 skill trees that you can focus on that best fit your character. There is

Mastermind- Medic Bag deployable and controlling your enemies with force

Ghost- Various Stealth specific skills and being able to lock pick faster and deploy a jammer that disables cameras and cell phones

the other 2 I can't remember the names right now but there is

Ammo Bag deployable with doing more overall damage to enemies and being able to withstand more damage also has a saw that can cut different things like doors and atms

And Demolitionist being able to use trip mines and blow up safes with c4 charges

Also all skill trees give you a better skill with certain weapons.

So you basically have a team that is supposed to either sneak into a bank and rob everything without alerting the police or a team that goes into a bank and steals everything quick and holds down the fort.

The whole game scheme is do an objective while police attack you and then get to the escape car while police attack you. The longer you take the more deadly the police force is. The difficulty basically bypasses waves of enemies
i.e.
Normal would have Police and FBI but get up to
Hard which would have some special units and more armored police and FBI
then Very Hard which has more special units and no police just swat and FBI
and then Overkill which only really has special units and Swat and occasionally FBI which are highly armored

The special units are guys with Tasers, big Shields and Bulldozers which are similar to Juggernauts on COD

Something like that
Showing 1-6 of 6